Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate (Read 462 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate
Reply #60 - 07/16/12 at 20:51:36

Webster, accepting global warming as human caused would lead to cognitive dissonance between scientific fact and your political beliefs.

Brothers Charles and David Koch, who own nearly all of the Kansas-based Koch Industries conglomerate, are renowned for giving millions of dollars to right-wing causes, especially think tanks and front groups that deny the existence of global warming. A recent report on the company found that from 2005 to 2008, Koch Industries-controlled foundations vastly outspent ExxonMobil in contributions to groups that are part of the "climate denial machine."

Those of us who are more attuned to science than political ideology are losing the debate because of the corruption of the crony capitalists in wind, solar and other alternatives energy sources and their dealings with government are so clear for all to see.

Until we can drive the carbon based energy goons out of business there will be no real progress.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #61 - 07/16/12 at 23:26:23

http://www.secretsofsurvival.com/survival/is_the_sun_heating_up.html

The Sun is Heating Up

In September of 2005, NASA reported that Mars Orbiters were giving them some strange information. Namely, these orbiters were telling them that deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near the Mars South Pole had shrunk for three straight years, indicating an interesting climate change. Now even the staunchest proponents of the greenhouse gasses/ global warming scenarios must admit this.

Earth emissions likely have nothing to do with that.

In fact, the Martian South polar ice cap has been shrinking since 1999 at a prodigious rate according to Michael Malin, Principal Investigator for the Mars Orbiter Camera. "The images documenting changes from 1999 to 2005 suggest the Martian climate is presently warmer and perhaps getting warmer still, than it was several decades or even centuries ago."

Once you finally figure out that game, its almost funny,,
Remember "The coming Mini Ice Age" of the 70's?

Whurditgo?

Someone figured out there was gonna be a hiccup & started pointing the finger in a direction that they could use, politically.. If you'll drop a quarter in the slot & take a seat in the Waaay Back machine, you can find times in history when the Chief knew there would be an eclipse & he could tell his people the moon would eat the sun if they didnt do as he said,, he could make it spit the sun out as soon as he had their attention.

Like the OOOOH so scary "Global Terror Organizations" are gonna GIT us If we dont let the Goobs "keep us safe" by strip searching old women & babies,, Its a GAME, for $$$ & Control.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #62 - 07/17/12 at 12:35:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/16/12 at 20:39:22:
Lets just say youre 100% correct,, Ill go with that,,for now,, even still,.That doesnt mean my SUV did it, doesnt make mankind the bad guy..
You are aware of Lovelock & what he said, right?> Im tired of typing it,

I never said it was your SUV causing it, actually what I said was

Quote:
One thing I think many scientists need to remember is that the theory of global warming due to man's introduction of CO2 is just that, "theory." There is no way for a scientist to test the hypothesis since there are just too many variables in our atmosphere.

I tell myself all the time that it doesn't matter why, it does matter how we respond though. There could be hundreds of conspiring forces causing a shift in climate conditions. People need to understand that it might be a natural process but it is occurring and it does require a certain level of response.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 07/17/12 at 17:21:46

Exactly... We can sit around and crap all over everybodys theory on WHAT and WHY the warming is taking place, however to do NOTHING in the face of it is just foolish...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #64 - 07/17/12 at 18:01:05

"The Sun is Heating Up!"  -JOG  "Once you finally figure out that game, its almost funny."  -JOG

B.S...

The sun is heating up - but only over geological time frames (tens of millions of years).

You have been listening to Fox News (Whose motto is, "If it is a lie and it fits our political political agenda - It's News!"

You might want see the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sf_UIQYc…

BTW Like Earth, Mars has seasons that cause its polar caps to wax and wane. "It's late spring at the south pole of Mars," says planetary scientist Dave Smith of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "The polar cap is receding because the springtime sun is shining on it."

« Last Edit: 07/17/12 at 19:21:47 by Starlifter »  

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #65 - 07/17/12 at 18:47:51

Well,, that settles it,, screw what Lovelock said,, you know, one of the early "Run for you lives" guys, who recently STATED

Our Models were WRONG, our Predictions were WRONG,, we really dont KNow what going ON,,

Its gotta be mankind at fault here.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
wernermeister
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spotsylvania Virgina
Reply #66 - 07/21/12 at 14:57:56

splash07 wrote on 07/16/12 at 09:37:48:
...and just in case, I drive a fuel efficient vehicle, I recycle, use my HVAC less in the summer, use my heat pump less in the winter, turn lights out, carpool when I can, buy curly cue lights, walk or ride my bike if I can, support alternative energy, and generally hug the hell out of some trees   Grin Grin  

Not sure what you mean by fuel-efficient vehicle: your posting shows a Savage... with a 38.9 mpg "fuel efficiency"? I thought those bikes were way past 50mpg??? Cool

I do not believe any statistic I did not falsify myself.
If all else fails, manipulate the data.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #67 - 07/21/12 at 15:06:48

JUst let it run in the BG,, dont hafta sit & watch it like a murder mystery,, about the 11 minute mark,, pay attention.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtevF4B4RtQ&feature=related

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 21:51:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Global Warming Accelerating At Alarming Rate

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.