Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Performance Carburetor Kit (Read 6073 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Performance Carburetor Kit:  $369.95
Reply #30 - 10/12/13 at 23:05:56

Lancer,
I am very interested in your performance carb but it is a bit pricey, considering that it doesn't even include the UFO standard.  I did some searching online and it seems that the Mikuni VM36 or 38 each run around $100-$150 top (but the majority of prices I've seen were closer to $100).  The manual you include I just found for $14 through a link you provided.  The custom throttle cable you provide I think I saw you quoted it somewhere being around $60ish.  The rubber mounting flange can't be more than $10.  A fuel filter can be had for $5-$50 depending on quality, though the one in the picture provided looks like its on the lower end of that spectrum.  Spark plug and main jet tool are not going to be more than maybe $20.  The jet container set you provide I have no real idea what it's worth, though I've seen usually a single jet runs about $10 or so, so I don't know if a set of 9, and 3 pilot jets is worth $100ish or not...  So all together everything adds up to the lower to mid $200's.  I guess my question is do you do any special modifications to the stock Mikuni carb once you receive it or is this simply a package that you gather the needed parts for us?  I just ask because that there is what seems like a large gap in price so I'm assuming you do some mods..?  If we get the UFO in your package, we still have to install ourselves or do you install for us?  I just want to know if there is more benefit going with your package, having if modified or machined to increase stock performance, as opposed to buying each of the parts separately myself???

Thanks for your help!
uigiroux

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 10/12/13 at 23:31:28

Also I don't think I've seen any comments by you regarding the Dial-A-Jet that Thunder Products provides, as well as the UFO.  From what I've read those two in combination (also the Quad Flow Torque Wing) all work together to significantly improve power and performance.  Thoughts?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #32 - 10/24/13 at 04:58:36

I had written a response to your questions earlier but obviously it did not post at the time.
The price I have on the carb kit leaves about 25% profit for me for my time spent gathering the parts and setting up the carb.   Besides the parts cost, the cost of shipping the parts from the various suppliers to me and then shipping the completed kit to the customer adds $60-70 to the total.
I usually spend 2-3 hours in the process.
If a UFO &/or DAJ is added then the parts cost and another $15 in shipping is added as well as about 2 hours more in prep time.
A significant amount of time was spent working with the Barnett company to create throttle cables for the 3 types of throttle attachments Suzuki uses on the LS650 models, as well as for Mikuni VM, Amal Mark II & Edelbrock Quicksilver carburetors.
I worked a long time testing assorted carbs to find the one which produced the best bang for the buck.
I have posted in the past about the VM carb on my Savage with UFO & DAJ.  They do work very well together.  Those posts are probably several years back; a diligent search should bring them up.
Also, Lonn, owner of Thunder Products, has excellent write-ups on the function and advantages of the parts.
I don't think 25% profit is unfair, considering I offer a good performing alternative to the stock carb, containing all the necessary items to make it a direct bolt-on process, and have made it very convenient for most who may not know where to go or exactly what to order to make it work on the LS engine, and of course my time spent doing so.

IP Logged
Zchan858
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Performance Carburetor Kit
Reply #33 - 10/29/13 at 15:59:46

for the main jet and pilot jet what dial/size for each one are you using?

IP Logged
rxthumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 11/21/13 at 16:58:29

lancer, i have 05 s40 with dyna muffler and rejet kit,time to upgrade. any discount on carb & cam package?will also be running ported and polished head. how much hp and torq gains will i see with these upgrades? you can email price to rxall1969@gmail.com. thanks and looking forward to doing business with you. carb with ufo installed but which cam should should i buy?

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 12/15/13 at 22:14:17

Lance,

I  wanted to know if and how much   it would cost to order just the Barnett fuel cable from you for a 2007 savage.   I'm going to get the carb and all that but I found one locally so I just need the custom fuel cable.   Also,  I'm trying to decide on which carb size to get.   I haven't gottena  performance cam or big bore yet but plan too.   Would you recommend going with the vm36 or 38?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #36 - 12/18/13 at 03:31:39

uigiroux wrote on 12/15/13 at 22:14:17:
Lance,

I  wanted to know if and how much   it would cost to order just the Barnett fuel cable from you for a 2007 savage.   I'm going to get the carb and all that but I found one locally so I just need the custom fuel cable.   Also,  I'm trying to decide on which carb size to get.   I haven't gottena  performance cam or big bore yet but plan too.   Would you recommend going with the vm36 or 38?

The throttle cable is $60.
Use the 36VM, it will handle anything you do to the engine.
Which jets ?  The jets/needle settings can vary quite a bit, depending on your engines setup.  In general ... very generally ... 17.5 pilot jet, 185 main jet, and the needle clip on the 3rd (middle) groove.  That is a GENERAL starting point.

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 02/17/14 at 15:49:03

Lancer,

I would like to order the Barnett cable from you along with the jets and needle kit.   I have done the Ryca 2" fork lowering and also took the bar risers off so the bars are 1" raised.   Also I have a pod filter and switched to the Dyna exhaust.   Lastly,  I live in Houston so I'll pretty much only be driving at sea level so if you have suggestions for proper jetting sizes of the needle and jet I'd greatly appreciate it.   Please let me know how to proceed with ordering and your thoughts on the info I provided about my bike and altitude.   I will be using this for the Mikuni Vm36 carburetor with UFO and eventually will be installing a DIAL-A-JET.   Please email me at uigiroux@gmail.com if possible rather than response over forum as its easier for me.

Best

Uriah

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #38 - 02/18/14 at 09:06:29

uigiroux wrote on 02/17/14 at 15:49:03:
Lancer,

I would like to order the Barnett cable from you along with the jets and needle kit.   I have done the Ryca 2" fork lowering and also took the bar risers off so the bars are 1" raised.   Also I have a pod filter and switched to the Dyna exhaust.   Lastly,  I live in Houston so I'll pretty much only be driving at sea level so if you have suggestions for proper jetting sizes of the needle and jet I'd greatly appreciate it.   Please let me know how to proceed with ordering and your thoughts on the info I provided about my bike and altitude.   I will be using this for the Mikuni Vm36 carburetor with UFO and eventually will be installing a DIAL-A-JET.   Please email me at uigiroux@gmail.com if possible rather than response over forum as its easier for me.

Best

Uriah

Got your info; will email you later this evening; spending the day with mama

IP Logged
Jkirt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 03/22/14 at 19:34:49

If I put this in my savage as is with a air pod filter.. will I need to rejet anything.. or is this a plug and play?

IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 03/22/14 at 20:45:31

LANCER wrote on 02/18/14 at 09:06:29:
Lancer,

Best

Uriah

Still waiting for that response ...?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #41 - 03/23/14 at 02:39:04

uigiroux wrote on 03/22/14 at 20:45:31:
LANCER wrote on 02/18/14 at 09:06:29:
Lancer,

Best

Uriah

Still waiting for that response ...?

Email sent
Had a problem... the email came back

"The error that the other server returned was:
550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable"

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #42 - 03/23/14 at 02:49:36

I tried email again ...  so far so good.

IP Logged
Loud3r

Sacramento, Ca

Reply #43 - 03/30/14 at 01:04:55

Motorgasmn. I know what I'm saving up for!

If it's not thumpin, im not humpin.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #44 - 02/13/15 at 14:06:30

Thanks for the new carb flanges