Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Performance Carburetor Kit (Read 6102 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Performance Carburetor Kit
Reply #90 - 07/17/22 at 18:34:34

Okie dokie

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #91 - 11/07/23 at 15:41:28

Hi Lancer.  Are you still selling this carb kit?  I’m thinking about buying a project Savage that already has a Mikuni VM36 installed (Murray’s Carbs).  Curious what I might find inside for jets.  Did I read correctly in this thread that a 200 Main with some kind of open exhaust is a good starting point?  Without the UFO, what would be a starting point for the idle jet (sea level)?  Thanks.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #92 - 11/07/23 at 17:00:19

ThumperPaul wrote on 11/07/23 at 15:41:28:
Hi Lancer.  Are you still selling this carb kit?  I’m thinking about buying a project Savage that already has a Mikuni VM36 installed (Murray’s Carbs).  Curious what I might find inside for jets.  Did I read correctly in this thread that a 200 Main with some kind of open exhaust is a good starting point?  Without the UFO, what would be a starting point for the idle jet (sea level)?  Thanks.

I typically use a #20 pilot and a #200 main jet as a starting point for a sea level location.  If in a higher altitude go one size smaller for each 3000’.  This assumes a good muffler like a Dyna that flows well but has decent baffling.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #93 - 11/07/23 at 17:42:24

Thanks Lancer.  And I apologize.  I just found your thorough discussion in the tech section.  You detailed everything a carb tuning novice could wish for!  I appreciate your taking the time to reply.  Have a great evening!
« Last Edit: 11/08/23 at 05:24:41 by ThumperPaul »  

IMG_3061.png
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #94 - 12/10/23 at 14:15:49

Lancer, do you sell your VM36 with the UFO (Ultimate Flow Optimizer)?  If so, is that why you start with such as small #20 idle jet?

The science behind the UFO seems logical, but I'm not buying the marketing hype of +1HP for every 100cc.  That's like 6.5HP (call it 6%) on our bikes - going from 31 stock HP to 37HP with just this gadget (+19% increase in HP).  This "slide plug" can't do all that by itself.

Will it flow better in the low/mid range?  probably/maybe...  Will it enhance the venturi effect and improve the atomization of fuel?  Again, maybe.  It's like wondering how much a butterfly valve affects performance in the run position (better or worse).  

Call me a doubter naysayer.  With all the brilliant engineers at Mikuni, why didn't they think of this?  It sounds way too good to be true to me.

If they just said it improves low/midrange power, it probably wouldn't sell well.  So they flat out lie and say +1HP per 100cc. (Then you have to read the fine print.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 16:09:14

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Performance Carburetor Kit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.