Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #870 - 05/21/12 at 16:03:58

Gyrobob wrote on 05/20/12 at 20:39:02:
mpescatori and bill, your kind keeps trying to prove to me it can't work.  You have a lot in common with the USAF doctors I mentioned earlier. "Your eyes can not be any better, Lieutenant, that kind of thing doesn't work."  Your attempt seems to be to bring up all kinds of postulations as to why getting off of wheat and grains and sugar won't do any good.

You should find some other basis for debate, because:
-- No amount of emphasis on your part will undo all the ways (17 to date, I think) getting off of wheat/grains/sugar has made me feel 30 years younger.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the parents of the kids with MS, epilepsy, and autism that their kids are not better.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the folks on the Wheat Belly FB page that, collectively, they have not lost literally tons and tons of fat.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the many kids I have read about on that FB page that their zits are GONE!
-- No amount of emphasis will tell those diabetics who are NOT diabetics anymore that they might as well give up their wheat-free grain-free sugar-free low-carb lifestyle because it can't work.  I doubt they will do that.  I doubt they would willingly return to bagels and oatmeal and linguine and glyburide and metformin.   I can pretty much assure you they are a lot happier being free of the drugs and the diabetes.

Gyro: If wheat causes MS, epilepsy, acne, diabetes, poor eyesight, hair loss, brain fog, autism, ringing ears, sore muscles, arthritis, gastric problems, and God knows what else, don't you think someone other than The Great Doctor would try to cash in?
The money to be made curing hair loss alone would make someone a billionaire.
And no amount of self delusional ignoramus' will ever convince me, or anyone in the medical profession that wheat is the cause of MS, or the lack of it is the cure. THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME ABOUT THIS WHOLE THREAD- THAT SOMEONE MIGHT BELIEVE IT, AND IGNORE PROPER TREATMENT FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE ILLNESSES THAT WHEAT SUPPOSEDLY CAUSES.
And something that you seem to constantly turn a blind eye to, in spite of what people have told you and The Great Doctor, through reviews and critiques of his book, is that if you just eliminate wheat in your diet, not other carbs, and you don't adopt a healthier lifestyle with regular exercise absolutely the square root of f**k all happens.
Your recovery from a bunch of health problems, by following the Atkins diet, and eliminating something in your diet that you were allergic to, has blinded you to reality.

I apologist to every one here for the yelling and the language. My wife and I have been living with her MS for 32 very hard  years, and my diabetes for 13 years, and to have some pompous a$$ and his followers, assert that wheat caused it all is ludicrous, just ludicrous.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #871 - 05/21/12 at 19:02:33

arteacher wrote on 05/21/12 at 16:03:58:
mpescatori and bill, your kind keeps trying to prove to me it can't work.  You have a lot in common with the USAF doctors I mentioned earlier. "Your eyes can not be any better, Lieutenant, that kind of thing doesn't work."  Your attempt seems to be to bring up all kinds of postulations as to why getting off of wheat and grains and sugar won't do any good.

-- No amount of emphasis on your part will undo all the ways (17 to date, I think) getting off of wheat/grains/sugar has made me feel 30 years younger.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the parents of the kids with MS, epilepsy, and autism that their kids are not better.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the folks on the Wheat Belly FB page that, collectively, they have not lost literally tons and tons of fat.  
-- No amount of emphasis will convince the many kids I have read about on that FB page that their zits are GONE!
-- No amount of emphasis will tell those diabetics who are NOT diabetics anymore that they might as well give up their wheat-free grain-free sugar-free low-carb lifestyle because it can't work.  I doubt they will do that.  I doubt they would willingly return to bagels and oatmeal and linguine and glyburide and metformin.   I can pretty much assure you they are a lot happier being free of the drugs and the diabetes.

Gyro: If wheat causes MS, epilepsy, acne, diabetes, poor eyesight, hair loss, brain fog, autism, ringing ears, sore muscles, arthritis, gastric problems, and God knows what else, don't you think someone other than The Great Doctor would try to cash in?
And no amount of self delusional ignoramus' will ever convince me, or anyone in the medical profession that wheat is the cause of MS, or the lack of it is the cure. THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME ABOUT THIS WHOLE THREAD- THAT SOMEONE MIGHT BELIEVE IT, AND IGNORE PROPER TREATMENT FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE ILLNESSES THAT WHEAT SUPPOSEDLY CAUSES.
And something that you seem to constantly turn a blind eye to, in spite of what people have told you and The Great Doctor, through reviews and critiques of his book, is that if you just eliminate wheat in your diet, not other carbs, and you don't adopt a healthier lifestyle with regular exercise absolutely the square root of f**k all happens.
Your recovery from a bunch of health problems, by following the Atkins diet, and eliminating something in your diet that you were allergic to, has blinded you to reality.

I apologist to every one here for the yelling and the language. My wife and I have been living with her MS for 32 very hard  years, and my diabetes for 13 years, and to have some pompous a$$ and his followers, assert that wheat caused it all is ludicrous, just ludicrous.

Ease up.  You are making baseless accusations.  Again.

I never said you could cure MS by stopping wheat.  I never said wheat causes MS.  The Doc never said wheat causes MS.  In fact he expressed surprise at the several reports of MS folks getting better.  All I said was there were people who said their MS got better when they quit wheat,... AND, they didn't ignore their Doctors, they just did whatever they were doing according to their Doc's guidance, plus they stopped eating wheat.  For a few of them, their MS got better.  This is a bad thing?

I find it strange you would call Doctor Davis a pompous ass.  All he did was find ways to help his cardio patients.  While he was doing that, his cardio patients who were also diabetic often reported to him, to his surprise initially, they weren't diabetic anymore.  Why is THAT such a bad thing?

Here's another thing you are right and wrong about: "if you just eliminate wheat in your diet, not other carbs, and you don't adopt a healthier lifestyle with regular exercise absolutely the square root of f**k all happens. "  You have been misinformed about a few issues.  The Doc explains that getting rid of wheat will create a lot of benefits, but that making sure you keep yourself free of all grains and sugar and high carb food is quite necessary. You are in error if you think he says all you have to do is not eat wheat.

He never said being wheatfree would cause hair to grow back.  Again, all I am doing is reporting what several folks have said. When they made those comments, he said he hadn't heard of that happening to any of his patients.  All he did was theorize that if it really was happening, it might be due to the better health of the skin overall (which is common when you get off of wheat) where the follicles reside.

I do have trouble understanding why you think there is something evil about this.  Why use terms like "self-delusional ignoramus" ??  
-- This Doc has saved thousands of lives! It seems rather tacky to call him names.  
   --- His attitude alone is worthy of a lot of admiration and respect,...    
   --- Most cardio Docs these days rely on two basic techniques: Bypass operations and drugs.  He started off this way.  After a while the stupidity of it all got his attention, so he decided he would find out how to keep the problems from happening rather than that just slice or prescribe pills.  He PREVENTS cardio problems.  Most in his field treat the symptoms.  Doesn't sound very self-delusional to me, and I doubt that it would to those thousands who are alive and healthy today because of his change of attitude from focusing on symptoms to focusing on preventing the problem in the first place.  
   --- He has taken a lot of heat from the AMA, the ADA, and his peers over bucking the system like he does.  
   --- There are a lot of MD's with attitudes like yours,... they hate the fact that he is so successful with his "self-delusional" techniques that prevent heart attacks rather that treating them.
-- All I see are positives.  The worst thing I have seen from someone trying out the wheat/grain free thing is that it didn't do very much,... all they got was some weight loss, without that long list of benefits that happened to me and to most of the other folks that do this the right way.

Also, why accuse me of being blind to reality when all the things I have told you about that happened to me are real?  I was an Atkins person since 2003.  It worked pretty well,.. I lost some weight and the blood yeast problem I had endured for many years was cured.  Then last October, I made one simple change,.. in addition to staying low-carb (like the Doc says to do) I stopped with the wheat and realized all kinds of additional benefits.  To me this proves it all.  Low-carb is good, low-carb without any wheat or grains is even better.  Way better.

I haven't heard of anyone ignoring proper treatment for an illness just because they stop abusing wheat.  The way it keeps getting reported over and over and over again is that the individual's Doc notes the improvements and takes that individual off their meds.  How can that be a bad thing?

And, one more time,... telling me (or anyone else savoring a lot of improvement) that this doesn't work is just silly.  It isn't evil, it isn't wrong, it isn't fake,... it works well, and no amount of grousing about how it doesn't work will have any effect other than to make the grouser look even sillier.

« Last Edit: 05/22/12 at 06:25:06 by Gyrobob »  

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
myrnasilva
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #872 - 05/22/12 at 09:25:24

My brother has had MS for 25 years. He's 55 now. 10 years ago he was in a wheelchair unable to walk or stand and his hands didn't function to even clean himself. He went every route imaginable and never got better. After my prodding he became a vegetarian and slowly started to stand. After giving up dairy he started to walk with a walker. He is transitioning to wheat and grain free and is walking (slowly) without assistance. He posted his accomplishments on youtube. jarod walking avi is before wheat free jarod walking 2012 is after shunning the grains.

IP Logged
MichPhil
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #873 - 05/22/12 at 09:45:37

Wow an amazing story. Ive also have become wheat free. Only 1 month but I feel so much better. No heartburn no IBS no cranky moods and best of all pain free.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #874 - 05/24/12 at 04:28:31

On the internet this morning  it says if you have arthritis,Eating whole wheat bread is good for you.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #875 - 05/24/12 at 07:39:14

bill67 wrote on 05/24/12 at 04:28:31:
On the internet this morning  it says if you have arthritis,Eating whole wheat bread is good for you.

Do you have the link to that article Bill?  I'd like to read it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #876 - 05/24/12 at 09:00:58

It was on AOL, Netscape I use------7 foods that can stop inflammation.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #877 - 05/24/12 at 21:52:30

You can find a zillion articles like that all over the internet,.. espousing the same old garbage about healthy whole grains.  

They sort of find it convenient to ignore the fact that "healthy whole grains" cause blood sugar spikes and create advanced glycation end-products (AGEs) that make arthritis worse.  

This phenomenon is not something just for a few.  Just about anyone with arthritis will have lessened inflammation and pain once they get off of wheat.  

For most folks the effect starts within days, as it did for me.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #878 - 05/25/12 at 03:46:02

After spending the better part of a quarter of an hour cleaning the quote from the unnecessary details...

Gyrobob wrote on 05/21/12 at 19:02:33:
arteacher wrote on 05/21/12 at 16:03:58:
mpescatori and bill, your kind keeps trying to prove to me it can't work.  You have a lot in common with the USAF doctors I mentioned earlier. "..."  
Your attempt seems to be to bring up all kinds of postulations as to why getting off of wheat and grains and sugar won't do any good.

-- [...]

[...]
THIS IS WHAT SCARES ME ABOUT THIS WHOLE THREAD- THAT SOMEONE MIGHT BELIEVE IT, AND IGNORE PROPER TREATMENT FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE ILLNESSES THAT WHEAT SUPPOSEDLY CAUSES.
I apologise to every one here for the yelling and the language. My wife and I have been living with her MS for 32 very hard  years, and my diabetes for 13 years, and to have some pompous a$$ and his followers, assert that wheat caused it all is ludicrous, just ludicrous.

Ease up.  You are making baseless accusations.  Again.

I never said you could cure MS by stopping wheat.  I never said wheat causes MS.  

I find it strange you would call Doctor Davis a pompous ass.
[...]

He never said being wheatfree would cause hair to grow back.  
[...]

I do have trouble understanding why you think there is something evil about this.  Why use terms like "self-delusional ignoramus" ??  

May I politely disagree with you, Gyrobob.

May I quote from a former USAF Lieutenant:

May 5:
Maybe you would have me tell the lady, whose kid had MS, she should have her kid start eating Shredded Mini-Wheats again. They probably still have the wheelchair he hasn't been using in the past few months

So you DID say (or implied) that Multiple Sclerosis can be cured by dropping wheat. Were we in kindergarten, how would you call someone who denies evidence ?  Wink

17 April, on discussing your DIY blood sugar metering
"The accuracy of the number itself is not all that important.  
-- In the "lab experiments" I did on myself, the important part was the magnitude of the blood sugar spike from the two slices of whole wheat bread compared to the magnitude of the blood sugar spike of the snickers bar.  
-- Even if the numbers from my cheapo meter were off 20% in absolute terms, the comparison of the BSS from the wheat bread compared to the snickers bar would still be valid.  The BSS from the bread was greater than the BSS from the snickers bar.  "

This is wrong: if the meter is off by 20%, it means that any and all readings can be off by as much as +/-20% which means two comparative readings can be off by as much as 40% to each other.
No doctor would ever base his results on such a meter. No pilot would ever fly a plane with such shabby instrumentation.

My argumentations ?

- Dropping wheat makes you drop the dressings, which are often the repository of chemical garbage;
- Dropping wheat will make you eat less bulk (flatter stomach);
- Dropping wheat will make you look for oveall alternatives;
- Multiple Sclerosis is a degenerative disease of the nervous system, which is an inflammatory disease of the brain cells. It is thought to have both genetic and environmental causes, the latter being reduced exposure to the sun (and abnormally low levels of Vitamin D) and abnormal exposure to some industrial solvents.

At this point, may I observe there is a distinct possibility that US-produced wheat is more "aggressive" than Mediterranean-produced wheat, which is known to be less refined ?

Two scientists with a little more accreditation that Dr.Davis are Weston Price and Sir Robert McCarrison.
You can find an interesting comparison between the thesis of Dr.Davis and the findings of the two scientists here:
http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/2011/10/wheat-belly-toll-of-hubris-on-...

"The most physically perfect people in northern India," Price wrote, "are probably the Pathans who live on dairy products largely in the form of soured curd, together with wheat and vegetables.  The people are very tall and are free of tooth decay" (ref. 1, p. 291). "

Those Pathan Indians grow their own wheat and grind it by hand... Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #879 - 05/25/12 at 05:45:19

You are still trying to convince me it doesn't work.  You are still of the mindset of that USAF eye doctor who said my eyes did not go from 20/140 to 20/30.  Some folks are so paralyzed by paradigms, they simply don't see what is right before them.  That Doc "knew" you couldn't use any kind of therapy to make distant vision better.  You guys "know" getting wheat out of your body won't make your body better.

Speaking of paradigms, my paradigm last year about all this had a lot in common with yours.  
-- My initial involvement with this was to disprove it as just another "diet" like cabbage soup or subway or tapeworm, etc.  
-- What got my attention was his statement that two slices of whole wheat bread would raise your blood sugar more than a Snickers bar.  What a wacky thing to say.  

Turns out everything he says about this is true.  He didn't dream all this up either,... his recommendations are based on what he has seen work with thousands of his cardio patients.  He admits to, in effect, killing people in the early part of his career (like tens of thousands of other heart docs do today), because he did what he was taught in school,.. slice 'em up and give 'em drugs to control the atherosclerosis.  

Anyway, I can relate to your disbelief.  That's where I was last September.  Then I started investigating, and my paradigms were pulverized.  Maybe someday you can get past your misunderstandings.  I just I would have gotten past my misunderstandings half-a-century sooner,... it's a shame I didn't find out about this until I was 64.

It perplexes me why you keep coming up with "evidence" about how getting off of wheat/grains/sugar is not good.  

Maybe this is how you expect me to react,..... "Oh shucks, and here all along I thought that when I got off of wheat, my headaches went away, my skin got better, my weight went down, my arthritis disappeared, my insomnia went away, my blood pressure went down, my HDL/LDL/triglyceride numbers got better, and I have a lot more energy.  Coulda fooled me!  I guess, since you guys know that wheat is so healthy, I might as well start back in with the bagels and pasta.  I just hope I can keep feeling this good, though, after I become a wheater again."
Don't hold your breath.  Just being free of the pounder headaches is enough to keep me three car lengths from any particle of wheat or grains forever.

Go tell the lady whose kid with MS is walking again that she should start feeding him donuts and oatmeal.  She'd slap you silly.  Your red, stinging face, though, does not prove wheat causes MS.  This example says only that when this one MS kid stopped eating wheat, his mobility increased.  No one said it cured MS, and no one said wheat causes MS.  It might,.. but this one situation doesn't prove it.  Nonetheless, I would think that lady is immensely grateful she found out about the nasty effects wheat can have on neurological problems.

I'm immensely grateful as well.  Last summer I felt 75,.. and was just accepting the "fact" I was getting older and feeling worse and worse was just part of it.  Now I feel 45.  You are trying to prove I don't feel better, or at least that wheat had nothing to do with.  Give it up.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #880 - 05/26/12 at 12:39:17

Boule’tard wrote on 03/17/12 at 06:14:25:
I checked the box, it is 100% einkorn.

Also, pasta is the least 'spikey' way of consuming wheat.  Something about the way they process it makes it slower to digest.  I can't remember if that point is from the Paleo book by Robb Wolf or WheatBelly. Pasta gives your blood sugar a mellower ride, probably more like potato starch than bread.

It's the protean in the eggs that are in the pasta.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #881 - 05/27/12 at 06:22:07

arteacher wrote on 05/26/12 at 12:39:17:
Boule’tard wrote on 03/17/12 at 06:14:25:
I checked the box, it is 100% einkorn.

Also, pasta is the least 'spikey' way of consuming wheat.  Something about the way they process it makes it slower to digest.  I can't remember if that point is from the Paleo book by Robb Wolf or WheatBelly. Pasta gives your blood sugar a mellower ride, probably more like potato starch than bread.

It's the protean in the eggs that are in the pasta.

These statements are true, but keep in mind everything is relative.  Just because it causes a slower rise in blood sugar, it is only a little slower.  It is still a blood sugar spike, and, therefore, unhealthy.

Two reasons for the unhealth.  Blood sugar problems and the gliadin, etc, in the wheat that create AGEs, etc.  

Thinking of einkorn being better than modern wheat is correct in the same way thinking that filtered cigarettes are better than plain.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #882 - 05/27/12 at 07:16:04

I'm amazed at the population of the world today with all those people popping wheat.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #883 - 05/27/12 at 10:26:00

bill67 wrote on 05/27/12 at 07:16:04:
I'm amazed at the population of the world today with all those people popping wheat.

And hundreds of millions of them are smokers

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #884 - 05/28/12 at 06:09:00

Gyrobob wrote on 05/27/12 at 10:26:00:
bill67 wrote on 05/27/12 at 07:16:04:

And hundreds of millions of them are smokers

And with all the teenagers having premarital sex, and none of them go blind anymore... Wink

The issue on "two slices of bread Vs. one Snickers bar"

Let us go and verify the list of ingredients (I will not list them here, Snickers isn't even sold in Italy)

Then let us compare the list of ingredients: where are the hydrogenated fats ? Where are the vegetable oils ? Where is the corn glucose syrup in the bread ?

Those ingredients will make the Snickers bar much slower to digest (not to mention the peanuts...) so after 60 minutes the bread will have caused a spike, but said spike will also be ready to calm down...
...I wouldn't be surprised if the Snickers bar caused its own spike to be three-fold, but also three hours later...

As the ingredients are so much different, the reaction of the body will be different.

BUT...

Discussing all this is like discussing the virtues of beef Vs. pork meat with a Jew, who will simply refuse to eat pork "because 4000 years ago Moses said so".

OK, so 4000 years ago common sense said "you will not eat the meat of scavenger animals", but in the day of antibiotics and controlled industrial farming...

I once asked Gyrobob if he had a DIY meter to check his cholesterol levels after eating a steak (or any other kind of meat) with the same ease as checking his blood sugars.

I never got a reply, but I KNOW there is no such DIY contraption here in Europe, to say the least because there is no industrial requirement; but when the public will cry out for one such contraption, I'm sure someone will think hard and come up with one.

Else, it's just a one-off experience, a one-dimensional measuring system.

Now, there was something else I wanted to say, but I just had an all-beef lunch and my mind's kinda fogged up...  Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 07:53:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.