Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #210 - 11/03/11 at 07:00:14

Built2Last wrote on 11/03/11 at 06:54:04:
Starlifter wrote on 11/02/11 at 21:07:04:
If you want to know what we were NOT designed to eat it's MEAT.

The human species evolved from tree dwelling apes that subsisted mostly on fruits and nuts.

Says who, PETA? KFC is the chicken holocaust! Apes are the missing link in human evolution?? Haha.. do you think that apes are just "vintage" humans? Have a banana and give me a spear, I'm having steak tonight...  Cheesy

You do know that humans can eat and digest raw meat, right? Just like the natural carnivore dual sport herbivores we are  Wink

"Have a banana and give me a spear, I'm having steak tonight...  "

I seldom laugh out loud when I am by myself in a quiet room.  However, this remark put a little turbulence in my solitude.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #211 - 11/03/11 at 09:26:56

Firstly,...Arthritis has been found in 30,000 year old caveman bones, and even in the bones of dinosaurs...
... and secondly,... what kind of science are they using to find colon cancer and diabetes in fossilized bones?...

Searching the internet right now, brings up nothing but "Paleo" hype...
It's a pandemic of scientific bs...but, nearly every search for caveman, paleo, wheat, carbs, diet,... brings silly diet links, and quack science...

Who's buying the hype?... Who's buying the books?...

Oddly enough,.. I look strikingly similar to the guy in middle, after a ride...   Huh...

« Last Edit: 11/03/11 at 11:03:04 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #212 - 11/03/11 at 10:09:59

I'm definitely skeptical about cutting out ALL wheat forever... I sure do love cheeseburgers... but I don't eat them for every meal.. I believe the key lies below:

mod·er·a·tion
noun
the quality of being moderate; restraint; avoidance of extremes or excesses; temperance.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #213 - 11/03/11 at 10:15:03

Who's buying the books,People that can't think for them selfs.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #214 - 11/03/11 at 10:57:14

Built2Last wrote on 11/03/11 at 10:09:59:
I'm definitely skeptical about cutting out ALL wheat forever... I sure do love cheeseburgers... but I don't eat them for every meal.. I believe the key lies below:

mod·er·a·tion
noun
the quality of being moderate; restraint; avoidance of extremes or excesses; temperance.

that's a bad word, how dare you be so . . .

reasonable!!!  

Wink

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #215 - 11/03/11 at 11:12:57

bill67 wrote on 11/03/11 at 10:15:03:

Interesting, you think people can make a decision without knowing what the author's opinion is... is that thinking for themselves, or closed mindedness?

WWW   IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #216 - 11/03/11 at 11:30:18

I always put a little Seafoam in my beer and that keeps my gut running clean.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #217 - 11/03/11 at 11:52:50

Built2Last wrote on 11/03/11 at 10:09:59:

mod·er·a·tion
noun

We already touched on moderation in an earlier post.  It is a factor, maybe, but if you are eating 4 bagels a day now, and you cut down to 1 bagel a day, you'll notice almost no difference the problems you are experiencing with wheat.

Moderation doesn't work when something you are doing or experiencing has no redeeming qualities, and has only damage as its primary effect.  If you were a 3 pack a day smoker, cutting back to 1 pack a day will not help much.  Cutting back to no packs a day is required,.. moderation is not applicable here.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #218 - 11/03/11 at 12:49:32

verslagen1 wrote on 11/03/11 at 11:12:57:

Interesting, you think people can make a decision without knowing what the author's opinion is... is that thinking for themselves, or closed mindedness?

Who cares what the author thinks,He's writing a book to make money,Because he writes a book doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. But theres always people that fall for that stuff.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #219 - 11/03/11 at 12:56:54

bill67 wrote on 11/03/11 at 12:49:32:
verslagen1 wrote on 11/03/11 at 11:12:57:

Who cares what the author thinks,He's writing a book to make money,Because he writes a book doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. But theres always people that fall for that stuff.

I'd like to do you the courtesy of responding meaningfully to your posts, but when you make statements like that, William, it is pretty hard to consider anything you say as valid.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #220 - 11/03/11 at 14:09:42

YOu used books in school,
People spend their time, do research & then share what they learned.
Since you think for yourself so much, does that mean you dont read or watch the news? Why would you let anyone provide you with information? Think for yourself,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #221 - 11/03/11 at 14:48:13

I listen to the news both Fox and the CNN stations,Then I make my on decisions whats right and wrong.When you read a motorcycle or car report you get what the writer thinks about them.When I was young I read those reports but after driving some of them I didn't agreed with the writer at all.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #222 - 11/03/11 at 15:05:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/03/11 at 14:09:42:

YOu used books in school

His facts are written in stone.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #223 - 11/03/11 at 18:14:16

bill67 wrote on 11/03/11 at 14:48:13:
I listen to the news both Fox and the CNN stations,Then I make my on decisions whats right and wrong.When you read a motorcycle or car report you get what the writer thinks about them.When I was young I read those reports but after driving some of them I didn't agreed with the writer at all.

NIce try & an honorable & appreciable attempt at getting to the truth. Have you read anything that would open an eye re: The Federal REserve? G.E. Griffins Creature from Jekyll Island will make you see the world thru a new lens & the news will be so much more transparent as the lie it usually is..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #224 - 11/03/11 at 18:17:30

Gyro, if you believe everything you read, read this:

Why wheat is good for you

Nutrition Facts and Information about Wheat:

It contains Manganese, Phosphorus, Magnesium and Selenium in very large quantities. Rich in Zinc, Copper, Iron and Potassium. However, Calcium is also present in small amounts.

Vitamin Content of Wheat:

It is rich in Vitamin B6, Niacin, Thiamin, Folate, Riboflavin and Pantothenic Acid. Vitamin E and Vitamin K are also present in small but considerable amounts.

Calorie Content of Wheat:

Wheat has a calorific value of 339.0 per 100 gm. Being a grain, it is very appropriate in calories and hence, filling as a food.

Health Benefits of Wheat:

Consumption of whole wheat is necessary for a healthy metabolism, as it prevents Breast Cancer, Gallstones, childhood Asthma and heart risks. Definitely an essential food to intake for women for gastro-intestinal health, also reduces risk of high blood pressure, Diabetes and high cholestrol. To add up to it all, it has phytonutrients which promotes better health through maintaining high blood levels.

Nutritious Wheat

For those of you who like to know all the details, here's the facts on wheat and why it's so good for you.

Wheat is a grain, which is to say it's basically a seed. And like all seeds, wheat has everything it needs to sprout and grow inside a protective hull, called a husk. Just inside the husk is a layer of bran, which is where you'll find a great deal of the nutrition as well as fiber. As you go further into the wheat kernal, the next layer is the endosperm. If you were to sprout the wheat, this is the part of the seed that would feed the new plant until it developed roots. It makes up about 80% of the kernal and is almost entirely starch.

The inner core of the kernal is the endosperm. This is roughly equivalent to the yolk of an egg. This is where the sprouting process starts. It contains a high degree of fat (comparatively speaking. We're talking wheat here, not pork chops), a lot of vitamins, and a lot of minerals.

Now, if you browse the baking goods aisle of your local grocery store you'll notice several different kinds of flour. The overwhelming majority of what's available will be All-Purpose flour, the white powdery stuff that most of you will have been using all your life. This is made from wheat that has had the germ and the bran removed. (You'll rarely see the husk on whole wheat berries. Besides being inedible, the hulls tends to drop off as the wheat is being harvested.)

With the germ and the bran gone, what's left is the endosperm, which makes a very nice, light-colored flour, free of fiber and with very little nutrition. Vitamins and minerals do get put back in (this is why it's called "fortified") but not as many as are taken out. While there has been considerable debate over the healthiness of eating white flour, it can't be denied that nutritionists know what they're talking about when they tell us to eat more whole grains.

Whole wheat flour is made from the entire grain. Having the bran and the germ in there make it much healthier with a greater fiber content and lots more minerals and vitamins. It does make it darker, though, and gives it a different texture. (Which might take your family a while to get used to.) Also, because of the high fat content of the germ, whole wheat flour doesn't store well. It tends to go rancid. If you grind your own (and we'll talk later about wheat grinders) you'll want to either use it right away or store it in the freezer.

As a side note, it's worth mentioning that researchers have found a correlation between eating whole grains and lower weight. They don't know just why, yet, but there's no denying there seems to be a link.

1 cup of cracked wheat contains:

Water (g): 17.68 Energy (kcal): 441 Protein (g): 17.02 Fat, total (g): 2.08 Carbohydrate (g): 96.09 Sugars, total (g): 0.55 Fiber, total dietary (g): 16.5 Saturated fatty acids, total (g): 0.364 Monounsaturated fatty acids, total (g): 0.27 Polyunsaturated fatty acids, total (g): 0.85 Calcium (mg): 39 Copper (mg): 0.552 Iron (mg): 4.09 Magnesium (mg): 170 Phosphorus (mg): 370 Potassium (mg): 466 Selenium (mcg): 95.4 Sodium (mg): 3 Zinc (mg): 3.58 Vitamin B-6 (mg): 0.364 Vitamin E, alpha-tocopherol (mg): 1.36 Folate, total (mcg): 36 Vitamin K (mcg): 2.6 Niacin (mg): 6.634 Riboflavin (mg): 0.146 Thiamin (mg): 0.41 Carotene, beta (mcg): 7 Lutein + zeaxanthin (mcg): 267

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:15:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.