Send Topic Print
The Project: Phase 4 (Read 6103 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: The Project: Phase 4
Reply #255 - 12/17/11 at 21:36:32

Of course you had visions of sitting on your pretty new bike & hitting the GO Button & the Angels in Heaven all singing & the bike starting right up..
Welcome to reality..
Youve been all over it, messing with everything there is, odds of it NOT having a problem or 2 are slim. This is normal., youve gotten to here, youll win itl. Its time to Get methodical & learn some patience. Its all part of growing up. Anyone can just get older.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #256 - 12/18/11 at 05:26:16

Actually, I would have been stunned if it had cranked right up. Yes, I've had everything apart, I've fiddled with some of it, and electrical systems are far from my strong point. I've never claimed otherwise.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #257 - 12/18/11 at 06:23:42

I know youve readily admitted your lack of ability in the electrical department. I totally understand. I dont like messing with that styuff either & Im far from a pro at it. Ive seen guys I swear they could see the juice flowin in the wires & knew right where the problem was.. Thats not me, but, the only way to win is, either have a good memory & not get confused or use a notebook, start checking for power in places you know its supposed to be, Check grounds, I like the notebook so that if I dont win quick I can walk away & come back & not have to start over.

The AF taught the 1/2 split troubleshooting method. Check signal at source, check signal where its supposed to be. If its not there, go 1/2 way back to source & check. If its not there, go back another 1/2 way, if it is, go forward 1/2 way, check, It'll hunt down pretty quick that way,
A test lite & an ohm meter & a notebook & wiring diagram & youll win,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #258 - 12/18/11 at 06:46:12

A stupidity double check: the red cable goes to the + terminal of the battery, right?

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #259 - 12/18/11 at 07:21:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/18/11 at 06:23:42:
I know youve readily admitted your lack of ability in the electrical department. I totally understand. I dont like messing with that styuff either & Im far from a pro at it. Ive seen guys I swear they could see the juice flowin in the wires & knew right where the problem was.. Thats not me, but, the only way to win is, either have a good memory & not get confused or use a notebook, start checking for power in places you know its supposed to be, Check grounds, I like the notebook so that if I dont win quick I can walk away & come back & not have to start over.

The AF taught the 1/2 split troubleshooting method. Check signal at source, check signal where its supposed to be. If its not there, go 1/2 way back to source & check. If its not there, go back another 1/2 way, if it is, go forward 1/2 way, check, It'll hunt down pretty quick that way,
A test lite & an ohm meter & a notebook & wiring diagram & youll win,.

How many halfs you have in one whole??  Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #260 - 12/18/11 at 09:18:58

usually   Grin