Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jets R Us = Jets R wrong?? (Read 103 times)
AlphaBarney

Were you born to
resist, or be
abused?

Raleigh, NC
Jets R Us = Jets R wrong??
12/17/11 at 14:06:26

Just got around to cleaning and rejetting after installing my Dyna muffler.  Ordered a pilot jet and 2 larger main jets from Jets R Us, and they came in a couple days ago.  Pilot jet was fine, changed it out no problem.  After tuning the low end/idle mix and doing the white spacer mod, I went to change out the main jet today because it was way too lean and the jets are different from my stock main jet (see pics below):

The top is the new "main" (right) vs the stock main (left)
The bottome is the new "main" (left) vs the stock pilot air jet (right)
The O.D. of the new jets seems way off at the head, but they thread into the main jet opening with no problem, and the ID/opening looks correct compared to the stock main jet.
Am I crazy in thinking that they drilled the right size (147.5, 150) opening in the wrong jet?  These are supposed to be genuine jets...?
Anyone have any ideas?  Should I try to run these in place of the stock?  This is the first time I've rejetted the bike so I have no idea if this is normal...

"Betty"-'05 S40
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Jets R Us = Jets R wrong??
Reply #1 - 12/17/11 at 14:58:56

Savage takes a "Large round" Mikuni main...  
That booger is wrong...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
AlphaBarney

Were you born to
resist, or be
abused?

Raleigh, NC
Reply #2 - 12/17/11 at 17:21:41

Arggh, thought so.  Be wary all ye who order from Jets R Us that their "Main Jet" for the LS650 Savage does not seem to be the correct part.  I will contact them ASAP and post my findings so that others need not suffer the same fate.

Thanks for the confirmation Sero, much appreciated.

"Betty"-'05 S40
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 12/17/11 at 21:26:51

Sorry that happened to you, Alf...   Large round main jets should be available at almost any bike shop for $5 or $6...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
AlphaBarney

Were you born to
resist, or be
abused?

Raleigh, NC
Reply #4 - 12/18/11 at 03:12:30

Thanks, I have a couple Suzuki dealers about 20-30 minutes from the house.  That'll be my go-to move for jets from now on.

"Betty"-'05 S40
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 12/18/11 at 09:43:01

I ordered my 155 main and 55 pilot (both geniune) from jets r us and they were right, maybe they sent you the wrong jets or you ordered the wrong jets? Accidents do happen... but sorry to here you got everything apart... that always sucks...

IP Logged
AlphaBarney

Were you born to
resist, or be
abused?

Raleigh, NC
Reply #6 - 12/18/11 at 15:43:19

Built, I do think it was a combination of an honest mistake, and me being new and not knowing exactly what I had to get.  The site did specify 8mm head diameter, but the invoice says it is a 102/221 NOT the 100/604 type jet, so there is a disconnect there.

Regardless, the guy was very nice about it and got back to me today saying they should work, but if I wanted to return or exchange them I could.

Not sure if I'm just gonna give em a shot to see or return them.  I just wanted to post this to make others aware to be careful when using that site to double check the order, that's all.

"Betty"-'05 S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 05:13:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jets R Us = Jets R wrong??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.