Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Official RYCA Updates (Read 8839 times)
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Re: Official RYCA CS-1 Updates
Reply #120 - 04/29/12 at 15:50:01

The side cover on the exhaust side used in the photos was a CS-1 side cover that was cut in half. We didn't have the mold made yet for the custom scrambler cover.

The final piece will be fiberglass with a cut out for the header pipe, with a coating of high temp paint, or some heat resistant lining. But a CS-1 side cover cut in half works fine too, as shown in the photos.

The left side cover will (probably) include a template for the air filter cut out. It will be optional -- you can just as easily use the silicone elbow and cone filter pointing straight down without cutting the side cover at all. We'll also make it easy to attach the covers with hardware (rivet nuts and button head cap screws), so when you launch your scrambler over a huge jump out in the middle of nowhere, there's no fear of anything falling off (besides maybe yourself, depending on your riding skills).

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #121 - 04/29/12 at 17:41:02

Thanks for the info Casey

IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #122 - 05/03/12 at 11:17:32

Hey guys, why the different air filter for the scrambler?  Is there any benefits to using this 90deg setup on the CS-1?

Ive thought the CS-1 filter is a little small on the surface area.

IP Logged
rogers40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #123 - 05/03/12 at 15:02:20

Hey guys,
Do you have pics of the CS/2 without the scrambler package?  I understand it's same design as the CS/1 but set up as a two seater?  Cool

Thanks!

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #124 - 05/03/12 at 15:56:45

rogers40 wrote on 05/03/12 at 15:02:20:
Hey guys,
Do you have pics of the CS/2 without the scrambler package?  I understand it's same design as the CS/1 but set up as a two seater?  Cool

Thanks!

Saw this on their website...
http://shop.rycamotors.com/kit_pre-order.html

CS-2
The CS-2 standard two-seater kit includes the basic components of the CS-1, with a two-up seat assembly, rear fender, Lucas style tail light, super bars, and cone filter. (Bare metal kit $2495, primer kit $2795)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
rogers40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #125 - 05/03/12 at 16:46:15

EJID wrote on 05/03/12 at 15:56:45:

CS-2
The CS-2 standard two-seater kit includes the basic components of the CS-1, with a two-up seat assembly, rear fender, Lucas style tail light, super bars, and cone filter. (Bare metal kit $2495, primer kit $2795)

Thanks, I saw that on their site, but couldn't find any photos.

IP Logged
Datamichael
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #126 - 05/03/12 at 16:57:36

rogers40 wrote on 05/03/12 at 16:46:15:

CS-2

They're there.... Just tricky to find. Off the main page scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "Scrambler" image. Then click on the "Streetracker" link near the top of that page.

Also, direct link to photos:http://rycamotors.com/bikes/CStracker/

Looks like they're now going with aluminum side panels. Probably due to heat issue.

Michael

IP Logged
rogers40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #127 - 05/03/12 at 17:10:58

Datamichael wrote on 05/03/12 at 16:57:36:
rogers40 wrote on 05/03/12 at 16:46:15:

CS-2

They're there.... Just tricky to find. Off the main page scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "Scrambler" image. Then click on the "Streetracker" link near the top of that page.

Also, direct link to photos:http://rycamotors.com/bikes/CStracker/

Looks like they're now going with aluminum side panels. Probably due to heat issue.

Michael

Hey Michael, They seem to have photos for the Scrambler, Street Tracker, and the Bobber, but I still can't find anything on the base CS2.

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #128 - 05/04/12 at 13:48:36

Hey guys,

Thanks!

We'll be posting more photos of the different models in the upcoming weeks. We're waiting for the bobber to be complete, then we'll do a proper photo shoot for all the combinations / upgrades. Just wanted to get the initial prototype pics up as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

IP Logged
rogers40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #129 - 05/04/12 at 14:11:45

caseyLA wrote on 05/04/12 at 13:48:36:
Hey guys,

Thanks!

We'll be posting more photos of the different models in the upcoming weeks. We're waiting for the bobber to be complete, then we'll do a proper photo shoot for all the combinations / upgrades. Just wanted to get the initial prototype pics up as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Looking forward to it!

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #130 - 05/05/12 at 20:43:32

What modifications have you done to accommodate the chain conversion? Notched foot peg bracket? Trimmed swing arm pivot? 18T front sprocket?

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
SinglesGoinSteady

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks like Bon
Scott!

From Seattle, now in Savannah.
Reply #131 - 05/07/12 at 14:19:30

MotoBuddha wrote on 05/05/12 at 20:43:32:
What modifications have you done to accommodate the chain conversion? Notched foot peg bracket? Trimmed swing arm pivot? 18T front sprocket?

I got an 18T front sprocket for my RYCA build.  I should have my bike going in a few weeks, I'll keep ya posted how it works out.

WWW   IP Logged
l33tl4m3r
YaBB Newbies

A Frakkin Toaster

Albuquerque, NM
Reply #132 - 07/18/12 at 23:11:38

Okay, I'm sold!

This is my first time through this thread and only a month into owning my savage...

I simply fell in love!

“History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.” --Karl Marx
  IP Logged
Joe F

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

scrambler pipe shield
Reply #133 - 07/19/12 at 16:19:33

I'm sort of paranoid after melting some clothing in the past. Is the heat shield long enough on the scrambler. It seems like you could bump it with your leg.

IP Logged
SinglesGoinSteady

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks like Bon
Scott!

From Seattle, now in Savannah.
Reply #134 - 07/24/12 at 08:06:09

I never got the chain to work on my RYCA without riding on the top of the swingarm pivot.  I'm real curious to see how RYCA did it.  They must have some swingarm chain guide/rub plate that keeps the slack in the chain from grinding on the top of the swinger.  I'm back to the belt now, which I also see rides on an engine bolt.  It's like a lose-lose design.    However,  I'm going to countersink it and put a flush head in.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 20:27:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Official RYCA Updates

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.