Send Topic Print
soccer (Read 628 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: soccer
Reply #45 - 06/14/10 at 04:26:38

those soccer players aren't to smart,If they didn't get under where the ball is coming down they wouldn't get hit in the head. Shocked

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #46 - 06/14/10 at 04:29:39

lol

IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #47 - 06/14/10 at 05:57:03

Just one of those soccer nuts. I been involved with this game for 50 plus years. This is truly the only world wide championship sporting event. Every country has the opportunity to qualify a team and go to the FIFA matches. Whether you like soccer you have to admire the skill and stamina of these players. There is also some really good acting jobs put on by some players, a little bump and there dying.Remember this is a non contact sport( yea right).About the England/US match great game. This just proves good play and a little luck make it eventful. This was almost as good as a win for the USA. Thanks for your time  reading my opinion.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #48 - 06/14/10 at 06:05:14

I would say tennis is the most world wide sport and the players are the fastest and quickest runners.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #49 - 06/14/10 at 07:52:09

Tennis maybe world wide, but there has never been a chance for all nations to have a team in major competition . As for speed I think soccer requires great stamina and continual running, along with speed, when the play dictates it. Having played both sports, I found soccer to be tough and tennis to drain me more emotionally, that physically. To much thinking for me in tennis. Come to think of it I'm pretty well spent after both. Tennis is considered a gentlemen s game. Soccer is a hooligans game played by gentlemen or is it a gentlemen s game played by hooligans. Who really cares, you either like it or you don't.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #50 - 06/14/10 at 08:16:37

Jimmer wrote on 06/14/10 at 05:57:03:
Just one of those soccer nuts. I been involved with this game for 50 plus years. This is truly the only world wide championship sporting event. Every country has the opportunity to qualify a team and go to the FIFA matches. Whether you like soccer you have to admire the skill and stamina of these players. There is also some really good acting jobs put on by some players, a little bump and there dying.Remember this is a non contact sport( yea right).About the England/US match great game. This just proves good play and a little luck make it eventful. This was almost as good as a win for the USA. Thanks for your time  reading my opinion.

Jimmer I wish you haden't made the last statement, our local sports head line " US beats UK" just because they tied. they get a half a point each right ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #51 - 06/14/10 at 08:17:59

bill67 wrote on 06/14/10 at 04:26:38:
those soccer players aren't to smart,If they didn't get under where the ball is coming down they wouldn't get hit in the head. Shocked

now that's the best one I've heard,thanks Bill.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #52 - 06/14/10 at 08:32:58

The best thing about soccer is the fields are real handy for flying my RC Airplanes.  Wink

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #53 - 06/14/10 at 08:59:24

Taking this in a different direction for a moment...

I'm not a fan of soccer at all, but just down the street from my work is the BG soccer complex. It's famous for the solar PV array, which I find very cool & interesting...

http://www.tva.gov/greenpowerswitch/pvdata/110/current.htm

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 06/14/10 at 11:59:28

I'm not a football (soccer) fan, but if you haven't tried to play it - you have no clue how much running players must endure during 90mins. TV shows only a cluster of players around the ball, had you seen it in flesh or played a game you would get it - they all run to reposition almost all the time. Only brake they get is for outs and fouls, and even then - they run to reposition. Unlike american footbal where they run 10 yards, fall, everything stops, they huddle, line up, chit chat for a while, and there we go again... No offence guys.

IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #55 - 06/14/10 at 18:11:38

Mick
Each team got one point in the standings for the tie. Know matter what the out come, this was a great match to watch. I  did not mean to upset you.What I should have said was, to achieve a tie with England was a great pick me up for the our soccer programs. To be considered on a even keel with English soccer is a complement to these players,even if for only a short time. Glad to see there some soccer fans among we Savage  riders. Well put dasch this game is about constant movement.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #56 - 06/14/10 at 19:28:02

Again, soccer?...yawn...like I have mentioned before, here on the US/Canadian border, hockey rocks and rules! Cool

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #57 - 06/14/10 at 19:51:33

Hey Star, you mentioned curling earlier... I know you were kidding, but I actually got into it during the winter olympics. I found the strategy involved very interesting...

Personally, I'm a fan of college basketball & football (US style). I can't stand professional sports with all the corruption & over paid cry-babies & crooks. At least most the college kids are playing because they love the game & are getting an education as well...

IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #58 - 06/14/10 at 19:54:48

Defintely no corruption in college sports...........did I just say that without bursting out laughing?

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #59 - 06/14/10 at 20:33:09

You can't avoid it anywhere you go, it's a sad world. I don't blame the kids playing though.. Except maybe on rare occasions

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 03:53:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › soccer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.