Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2145 - 12/17/16 at 09:13:24

IslandRoad wrote on 12/16/16 at 17:08:45:
philthymike wrote on 12/16/16 at 07:18:47:
I actually think the seats on my commuter train are more comfortable than the S40's seat. Still it's more comfortable than the Vstar's seat. If you get the Corbin I look forward to hearing your opinion on it.

Also should you get tired of looking at the nasty brake light like I did I posted about a good solution for replacing it in the Rubber Side Down section.

Hi Mike, yeah I've come to understand that the S40 is quicker off the mark and a lot more nimble than the V Star. I'm so glad I went with the S40.

As for the rear brake light, it's funny you mention that. When I stood back to check out the turn signals after I moved them, the first thing I thought was 'now, what can I do about that ridiculous looking red box on top of the rear fender'. I'll look up your post in the tech section.

I'll post about the seat once I get it done. That might be a bit later on though.

Grin
Funny how that works...
Here you go my friend
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1481314668

Enjoy your new Thumper and be safe out there man. Look forward to your Corbin review  Cool

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Rlingo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #2146 - 12/24/16 at 05:07:39

Hi, I'm Robert from Stanardsville Va. And this my new to me 2006 S40.

Not sure why picture is upside-down

20161017_163640.jpg
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2147 - 12/24/16 at 17:34:16

Hmmm, but when you open it, it's right side up!  Huh

Welcome and Merry Christmas!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2148 - 12/24/16 at 19:45:44

Merry Christmas to ya Rlingo

That  LS looks good in RED !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
onetruck
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2149 - 12/31/16 at 15:17:55

Hi , I am onetruck on the interweb. Earlier this summer my buddies wife passed away. This made me consider my bucket list because she was the same age as me. The only thing I really wanted to do was get another bike after a thirty year break from them. I really wanted to find another 650 Yamaha but it wasn't happening . Looked at a couple of triumphs but the owners wanted to retire on the sale price so I passed. Years ago a friend owned a savage and I always liked the sound of it so I started to hunt around for one. I eventually grabbed an 07 that one of
the previous owners dropped in the past . It has a new tank but the rest of the sheet metal looks like it was painted by a very drunk amateur. I am in the process of painting it now, dark grey and graphite. I have only rode this bike less than 100 miles and it has some issues, but so do I and I am working on them. The savage's, not mine.
 I love the forum, but I am not much of a computer guy so bear with me , and please don't ask for pics. I don't need the aggravation.
  Best regards and happy new year to all here. Gerald

IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2150 - 01/01/17 at 07:00:15

Welcome to the forum, Gerald! (And Happy New Year, btw)

A good place to start your "knowledge journey" on the Savage is the right side of the Home page. Topics are broken  down into sub-systems (ex, brakes or electrical) and address most of the common questions/ issues of Thumper Maintenance.

Again, welcome! 30 bike-less years is a lonnnggg time@

IP Logged
Jack0517
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2151 - 01/16/17 at 08:46:06

Hi everyone, I've been riding a 2007 S40 for a year now. I live in Gainesville, VA (outside D.C.) and ride every day. Basically, the only time I'm not riding my bike is when I'm not going anywhere. I'm grateful for all the good information on this site. Thanks.
Jack

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2152 - 01/21/17 at 04:34:21

Jack0517 wrote on 01/16/17 at 08:46:06:
Basically, the only time I'm not riding my bike is when I'm not going anywhere.
  Smiley

Welcome!

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #2153 - 02/04/17 at 17:12:04

I just recently retired and this is the second 2008 S40 that I have owned. I bought the bike with less than 5000 miles on it  for $1700. The first thing I did was put a tachometer on it and a pair of saddlebags.Then I relocated the rear turn signals. I had to fix the right front foot peg and the right turn signal then tweak the front forks a bit all because the previous owner dropped the bike. Yesterday I wanted to see how fast that little engine could go and somewhere around 6000 RPMs I was at 100 mph. Not bad for a little thumper.  I would like to thank all you guys for your help with understanding this bike. I don't have a shop manual but everything I have needed so far I have found here. I've been on other forums before so I take suggestions with a grain of salt. You have to be careful who you pick and listen to. Sometimes the guy with the least mechanical background is giving all the advice on how to fix things. The knowledge base here seems pretty darn good and I really appreciate that.  Cool

image_055.jpeg
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2154 - 02/04/17 at 18:27:41

T140V wrote on 02/04/17 at 17:12:04:
I just recently retired and this is the second 2008 S40 that I have owned. I bought the bike with less than 5000 miles on it  for $1700. The first thing I did was put a tachometer on it and a pair of saddlebags.Then I relocated the rear turn signals. I had to fix the right front foot peg and the right turn signal then tweak the front forks a bit all because the previous owner dropped the bike. Yesterday I wanted to see how fast that little engine could go and somewhere around 6000 RPMs I was at 100 mph. Not bad for a little thumper.  I would like to thank all you guys for your help with understanding this bike. I don't have a shop manual but everything I have needed so far I have found here. I've been on other forums before so I take suggestions with a grain of salt. You have to be careful who you pick and listen to. Sometimes the guy with the least mechanical background is giving all the advice on how to fix things. The knowledge base here seems pretty darn good and I really appreciate that.  Cool

Welcome to the forum.
Nice shop you have there dude.
That small leather pouch on your hip looks deceptively like a holster I've seen before. 😏

IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #2155 - 02/06/17 at 02:50:23

LANCER wrote on 02/04/17 at 18:27:41:

Welcome to the forum.
Nice shop you have there dude.
That small leather pouch on your hip looks deceptively like a holster I've seen before. 😏

Thanks it's my dream and a cell phone pouch I made  Grin

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2156 - 02/06/17 at 17:21:23

I don't have a shop manual...

Welcome aboard!

There's a link to a shop manual around here somewhere. Maybe someone will chime in. It's a free download.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #2157 - 02/07/17 at 04:59:43

Thanks Kris01. I'll look around for that Cool

IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2158 - 02/07/17 at 05:35:58

Go to the HOME page, click on DOCUMENTATION on right side of screen.

P.S. Caps aren't intended to be shouting, rather, I just don't know how to do italics.  Smiley

« Last Edit: 02/07/17 at 19:43:18 by Rodger »  
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2159 - 02/07/17 at 19:31:48

Three new people !

Welcome :
Jack
Gerald
T140V

Gerald , I used to have a SX-650 too.   It was real easy to like that bike !  Smiley    That's kind of what I was expecting when I got a LS-650 --- but then I got surprised by the better handling , light weight , and all that tork.   Sometimes I'd like to have a taller gear --- but we have a fix for that too !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 04:32:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.