Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2115 - 11/01/16 at 13:08:12

+1 on the Welcome, Shelly!

You'll find LOTS of good information here and good advice to any questions you have.. I've been riding since 1972, but new to the LS650. Sure wish I'd had this kind of info & support "back in the day."

IP Logged
Iammichaelh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2116 - 11/10/16 at 03:00:40

Hi all.
Bought myself a 2006 boulevard for the approaching summer here in New Zealand..  It's my first bike and I'm loving it.
I've owned it about 2 months now and it was completely standard when I picked it up.

Already learnt so much from the forum!

_20161110_235929.JPG
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2117 - 11/10/16 at 08:05:43

Welcome Iammichaelh  

These LS650 sure are easy to like !      

Keep the idle speed up a little and it will have a long happy life .   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
mrpete
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2118 - 11/10/16 at 22:14:08

Hey Y'all,

Long time lurker...from before this was even a forum.  Heck I used to frequent a japanese ls650 site to get ideas way back when.  I've had my '86 for about 15 years but just recently got it back into service.  Rode it when I lived in Orange County, California, now I'm riding in Orange County, Florida.  I know I've seen at least one other ls650 owner here in Orlando.  Good to know I'm not alone.

Glad to see the community is as alive as ever.

-Pete

IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #2119 - 11/17/16 at 20:52:00

Hello All,

Just checking in to introduce myself. I had been looking for a Honda Rebel 450 as a project and ran into an LS650 back during July when I came across one for sale in a guys front lawn, stopped to look at it and decided I liked everything about it better than the Honda. Missed that ride, but finally found this one a 2003 at Harley dealer they had taken as a trade and wanted it gone. Back in the day I had bikes, several, but college and marriage they all sort of went the way of paying the bills.

Throughout my life I have had a desire to do a mod build on a bike. I have done 3 complete sailboat refurbs over the years, and actually build many custom parts for boats.

My life has been spent in custom fabrication. I owned a company that built custom flight cases and as such have a full farication shop at my disposal, including extensive mechanic tools. I'm not new to fabrication and spent some time in engineering studies while in college.

My plan over the next 2 years is for a bolt up mod build on this chassis. Nothing too rad, but trying to do something special. Figure to do mostly cosmetic over this winter, bars, mirrors, exhaust, signals, paint, etc. and major down the road. I have read through the discussions about fork mods and figure to maintain the stock rake until I get really comfortable with the bike as an every day ride and fully vet the mechanicals.

I have been riding the bike around the industrial park where my shops are located to really get a feel for it, only got the title 2 weeks ago, so no tags yet. Luckily have a big empty parking lot up street also for fooling around in. Once I get the tags I can take it on road but winter is closing fast here in Jersey, may only be a week or 2 left. Really like the thumper aspect, sound and feel.

I started work on it by removing all the extraneous, the ratty old saddlebags and associated offset bars, the shelf behind seat and some highway pegs from a crash bar, kept the bar though. This has cleaned up the lines nicely. Nothing against that stuff, mine was just old and used and had seen better days.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you folks. I will have plenty of questions and will be looking for advice and feedback. Already ran into issue with what actually is diameter of handlebars and controls with the local Suzuki dealer, I mic bars at 1", he swears they are 7/8".

Hope I wasn't to long winded, just really excited about my new ride and wanted to introduce myself.

SoC

MC_lift_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #2120 - 11/17/16 at 21:26:25

Welcome SoC,

Where in Jersey are you located?

My wife is from Burlington and like most other transplants from Jersey is in Witness Protection.

If you can fabricate you can make your Savage into something really special.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2121 - 11/18/16 at 04:41:22

Kenny G wrote on 11/17/16 at 21:26:25:
My wife is from Burlington and like most other transplants from Jersey is in Witness Protection.

Thanks for that Kenny! That made my morning!  Grin

Welcome everyone!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #2122 - 11/18/16 at 11:08:50

Thanks for the warm welcome Kenny. I live in a small town on the shore, Highlands, farthest point north on the coast, Sandy Hook is actaully the beach front for Highlands, only now it's a national park. My shop is located just outside Asbury Park.

Everybody jokes about Jersey, I'm at Exit 117.

Forecasters say winter is going to hit here next week, so I think the time may have come to put bike on the lift and get to work on it.

IP Logged
Brandon Stephens
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2123 - 11/21/16 at 16:16:32

Hello, new Suzuki owner from Austin. I just picked up a 2011 for $1500. It has 2300 miles. My plan is to do a Scrambler/Standard conversion similar to Ryca. I love Ryca kits but I can't just drop 3k on a conversion kit so I'll be going at it bit by bit, part by part.

I have exactly zero experience with modding motorcycles and I lack a lot of space. I live in an Airstream full-time. Right now, I'm in a park in Austin but have been traveling full-time for the last 8 months or so. The plan is to get the bike a bit lighter and take it with me in the back of my truck. I'm not retired, I just work from the road full-time. I rode a Nighthawk 250 all through college and for a few years after that but it has been about 5 years since I last rode and I found the 650 has a lot of juice for the size. If you have any  questions on full-time RV life, just shoot them my way!

I'll start another thread for the conversion at some point but wanted to say hello and thanks for all the info I've already found on here.

small.jpg
  IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #2124 - 11/21/16 at 20:34:53

Brandon,

Welcome, though I am a newbie also. Seems you got a great deal on your ride, I paid not much less for much older and a lot more miles. I am planning similar only not scrambler/bob, but more chop. Good luck and am looking forward to hearing about progress and experiences.

You have a bit of advantage in Austin as it's is a year round ride, here in Jersey we are seeing our first taste of winter, and though a skier, it's hitting a little fast and hard.

If you are thinking of a change to risers and bars let me know as I'm looking to go with a set up like the OEM on your newer ride.

SoC

IP Logged
Brandon Stephens
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2125 - 11/22/16 at 07:05:59

Thanks for the welcome SoC.

I did get a great deal. I was just about to buy a much older one with more miles for the same price then saw this one and offered $1500 and got it. We are lucky down here in Austin, we only get a few days where it could be too cold to ride. But, nothing like up here.

B

IP Logged
JLC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Black Forest, Colorado
Reply #2126 - 11/29/16 at 20:15:33

Hi... Coming back to riding after a 40 years lapse!  I rode in France and England from 1966 to 1976, mostly older English bikes (Ariel, BSA) except for a 1960s BMW R60 and a 1950s Jawa 350.

I decided to buy a S40 as it reminded me of a bike I owned and rode back in the day - a 1956 Ariel VH Red Hunter (500 cc thumper). That was the bike I had the most fun riding. I must say the S40 does not vibrate as much, and I am sure it will be somewhat more reliable!

JLC in the Black Forest near Colorado Springs
2015 S40, bought two months ago with 4 miles on the clock, now over 300 miles and counting!

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #2127 - 11/29/16 at 20:19:44

JLC,

Welcome aboard mate.

You won't have to fix the S40 near as often as the Ariel.

Kenny G

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2128 - 11/29/16 at 21:23:28

let me introduce you to the member map
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1444445797

WWW   IP Logged
twhitus

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pinellas park, floida
Reply #2129 - 12/01/16 at 06:57:16

posting here to introduce myself, my names tom and i currently live in florida as the weather suits me.  i recently bought a new suzuki s40 for 3700 after alot of research to find a bike to fit my needs.
im not the tallest guy in the world so i needed a bike where my feet were comfortable on the ground, good mpg, low maintenance, enough umph for some 2 up riding and not weigh a ton as i was hit by a car a few years ago that nearly killed me but left my legs a bit messed up.  

the s40 so far has done everything ive asked of her and has been a whole lot of fun. Smiley ive been riding for about 20 years and had everything from harleys to puch spit singles. i have not posted much as ive spent the last few months just reading and reading.

20161030_102002_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 10:55:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.