LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: LOUD
Reply #45 - 07/23/05 at 10:11:51

NOW, NOW, kids.....let's play nice with everyone.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #46 - 07/23/05 at 10:13:19

Spoilsport!

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #47 - 07/23/05 at 10:31:04

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
They are doing it RIGHT!  Right for them.  If you sent me a Raask for free I would NOT put it on my bike.  It is not at all right for me.  I want mellow, not loud and raspy.

lcs151 is looking for loud and cheap.   A straight pipe with a inserted baffle will work.

I have a baffle installed (inserted sounds strange) Roll Eyes

Ya know...I bet that we have differences every 4 years in November, too.  8)

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #48 - 07/23/05 at 13:40:22

Yo! Good advise is given here freely, based on previous experience. Feel free to re-prove it at your own expense.
If I had it to do over again I would consider the Rassk pipe for all the reasons Greg listed. Priced good chrome work lately??

I like the fact I can add/remove discs AND use the open or closed ends on the 'Trapp. For long trips I can make it quiet and loud for bike night.
BTW; does someone make a baffle or insert for Rassk?

Speakin’ of phones, I carried a cheapo Walmart Tracfone in my riding jacket, "just in case" (I was surprised and pleased to find it worked great in Ontario too).

Now I got (on ebay)a really cool i605 Motorola since the folks at my current project said they would put me on their Nextel if I got a phone.  
I hated the phone issued on the last job, but it was tough-as-nails, "Mil spec", Motorola, dropped to the plant floor several times once from screen guard from 16'. I liked that.
The i605 has a bunch of stuff i won't ever use, need or want, But it had the largest, brightest screen, "Mil spec ."and it has GPS! If you read the fine print Nextel will always place a 911 call.
So even after the job is done and they shut off my account, forget internet access, text messages or stock quotes, I can still place a 911 call and it can send the exact location too, Good insurance.

For instance; Greg you drove through the last ice storm in these parts last year. One night some poor nurse slid off the INTERSTATE and called for help & gave her location as "somewhere between Jackson and Memphis. The EMTs ran up and down the highway and figured she motored on.
NOT! She was now unconscious and a second search was not called until she was reported missing & matched the same vehicle! She was found STILL ALIVE some days later still trapped in her car (dead cell phone) that slid across the ice, well into the weeds, obscured way down a hill and crashed! The ice left no tracks!

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #49 - 07/23/05 at 19:40:55

Mr 650 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Yo! Good advise is given here freely, based on previous experience. Feel free to re-prove it at your own expense.
If I had it to do over again I would consider the Rassk pipe for all the reasons Greg listed. Priced good chrome work lately??

I like the fact I can add/remove discs AND use the open or closed ends on the 'Trapp. For long trips I can make it quiet and loud for bike night.
BTW; does someone make a baffle or insert for Rassk?

Speakin’ of phones, I carried a cheapo Walmart Tracfone in my riding jacket, "just in case" (I was surprised and pleased to find it worked great in Ontario too).

Now I got (on ebay)a really cool i605 Motorola since the folks at my current project said they would put me on their Nextel if I got a phone.  
I hated the phone issued on the last job, but it was tough-as-nails, "Mil spec", Motorola, dropped to the plant floor several times once from screen guard from 16'. I liked that.
The i605 has a bunch of stuff i won't ever use, need or want, But it had the largest, brightest screen, "Mil spec ."and it has GPS! If you read the fine print Nextel will always place a 911 call.
So even after the job is done and they shut off my account, forget internet access, text messages or stock quotes, I can still place a 911 call and it can send the exact location too, Good insurance.

For instance; Greg you drove through the last ice storm in these parts last year. One night some poor nurse slid off the INTERSTATE and called for help & gave her location as "somewhere between Jackson and Memphis. The EMTs ran up and down the highway and figured she motored on.
NOT! She was now unconscious and a second search was not called until she was reported missing & matched the same vehicle! She was found STILL ALIVE some days later still trapped in her car (dead cell phone) that slid across the ice, well into the weeds, obscured way down a hill and crashed! The ice left no tracks!

I think that I speak from experience.  Some feel otherwise.  Anyway....

SuperTrapps are great slip-ons.  No doubt.

A cell phone is great for riding and travel.  I am just tired of everyone else's phone and the dependence we have.  What would we do without it?  Might be good to think about in this uncertain future.

Was that accident in the news?  I think that I remember.  Once again, a cell phone has its advantages....and its disadvantages.

Good to hear from you again Mr 650
Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #50 - 07/23/05 at 20:46:10

Oh yes, I forgot.  I have a baffle for the Raask.  When I bought the pipe, Sivert Raask told me that the (then) baffle was just experimental, but I bought it for $25 anyway because I had to pay for the shipping for the pipe as it was...why do it twice, right?

The baffle does reduce the noise.  It doesn't really affect performance, but it gives the pipe a tone that I don't like as well without it....not just an issue of volume, but tone.  It's the low end sound that I don't like.  I am running it now, but using their design idea I plan to build another baffle for myself in the not too distant future.

The Raask is pricey, but so is a Cobra setup....ever priced them?  

It depends on what you want....

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #51 - 07/23/05 at 21:32:58

I speak from a highly biased point of view -- I have been in communications for nearly 40 years.

The history of the world and the advancement of civilization is a history of the advancements in communications.

We still celebrate the Marathon.  That sprung from a 26 mile run of a courier -- the speed of communications was the speed of a fast runner.

The Roman Empire was possible because of the Roman roads that carried rapid communications.

The printing pressed allowed widespread communcation of complex ideas.

Railroads allowed rapid transport of mail.

The telegraph gave us instant long distant commincations.

The telephone gave instant long distant communications to the masses.

The cell phone freed us from the wires and allows personal communication anytime, anywhere.

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #52 - 07/24/05 at 04:37:26

Quote:
Ah Perry, somehow I managed to rattle your cage too

Nahhh Greg ... ya didn't rattle my cage old buddy ... I was just musing out loud ... have an irritating (according to my wife anyways ...) tendency to do that from time-to-time. Wife ays that I "think too much" ...
Anyhoo, I apologise for gettin' off on a tangent!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #53 - 07/24/05 at 06:39:49

The cell phone freed us from the wires and allows personal communication anytime, anywhere.

....and then ignorant people, lacking a brain capable of  free thought were allowed unlimited minutes at an affordable price, and viola, people don't even take a $hit in a public restroom without talking to someone....

Ya know, never once did I say anything negative about "communications" or even the innocent cellular telephone per say.  I only commented on their use.  

Personal communication?  People don't even have personal thought.  What's your point?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #54 - 07/24/05 at 07:59:28

I speak from a highly biased point of view -- I have been in communications for nearly 40 years.

The history of the world and the advancement of civilization is a history of the advancements in communications.

We still celebrate the Marathon.  That sprung from a 26 mile run of a courier -- the speed of communications was the speed of a fast runner.

The Roman Empire was possible because of the Roman roads that carried rapid communications.

The printing pressed allowed widespread communcation of complex ideas.

Railroads allowed rapid transport of mail.

The telegraph gave us instant long distant commincations.

The telephone gave instant long distant communications to the masses.

I work in telecom as well and when it comes to evolution/advancement, we can be just as stunted as the next part of human culture.  Take a cellsite as an example.  You'll find two voltages powering nearly all of the gear there.  They run on either 24VDC or 48VDC.  The telephony gear uses 48V because Bell used 48V and we never got over it.  The radio gear uses 24V because Marconi used 24V and we never got over it.

On the point of the Romans, I believe the aqueducts played a significant role in that empire also but I'd have to agree with you on the whole.  It's my personal belief that if they'd had communications speed even on par with the telegraph, we might all be living under that empire now.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #55 - 07/24/05 at 08:03:44

But wait!  We forgot the REAL reason for civilization!  Beer!

Humans were nomadic hunter/gatherers until someone happened upon a puddle of fermented water and grain a few times and figured out what the components were.  Then it was a matter of experimentation to get results purposefully instead of accidentally.  This led to the need to grow crops and an agrarian society, which formed larger villages and later cities which, in turn, necessitated the development of enhanced communications.  We owe it all to beer!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #56 - 07/24/05 at 08:51:51

It is a little known fact that all medevial castles had breweries.  The purpose of the castle was to protect the brewery.  Thus proving that beer is the keystone of civilization.

That we cannot get a decent Bitter in the U.S. is a subject we will have to ignore.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #57 - 07/24/05 at 11:14:47

Beer?

We finally found a common ground.

Is it beer thirty, yet?

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #58 - 07/24/05 at 11:19:29

8)Havin' a Heineken right NOW!! Beer ... it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Life without beer just wouldn't be worth living ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #59 - 07/24/05 at 11:26:11

What's that song?  It's 5:00 somewhere... 8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 15:59:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LOUD

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.