Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
LOUD (Read 25 times)
lcs151
Ex Member

LOUD
07/21/05 at 13:37:19

How to get my bike any louder...
I have a screamin eagle pipe, k and n filter and rejetted the carb. any other ideas to get it louder?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: LOUD
Reply #1 - 07/21/05 at 15:34:04

When I get a round tuit I plan on replacing my stock muffler with a large glasspack; with a trombone tailpipe.  Will be able to quickly vary the sound from full muffle to straight pipe.

WWW   IP Logged
Durandal
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/21/05 at 16:43:57

Louder?  Hell, you may as well quit fooling around with mufflers and go right to an open pipe.  Grin  That'll scare the bejeezus out of anyone you happen to sneak up on. Probably do a good job pissing off the neighbors, too.

Any chance the cops would hassle you for running a straight pipe?  I know a couple of townships near me like their cops to enforce the noise ordinances rather strictly.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 07/22/05 at 06:06:06

There is only one word.  Raask.

IP Logged
lcs151
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/22/05 at 06:26:07

how much for those? i couldnt find a price on the site. loud?

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 07/22/05 at 06:35:06

There is a special procedure for this purchase....you simply need to contact a man named Sivert Raask at that web site with your question.  There is a contact link, and don't worry, they understand English perfectly and treat you very well.

It is not well known but you can get this pipe factory direct and save a good deal of money.  All in all, you can get the pipe shipped directly to your door in about a week for around $285.

Just send them an email and if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.

IP Logged
lcs151
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/22/05 at 07:23:40

thanks a bunch greg. unfortunately that is way out of my price range Sad  perhaps i will play around with straight pipes as well. the screamin eagle i have is awesome, but im curious what a straight pipe will sound like.  i have one, just have never put it on.  any other suggestions to make it louder without changing pipes? or is that about it?

IP Logged
gandalph40
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/22/05 at 07:46:17

Have you removed the baffle from your SE?  The thing in my SE that is supposed to pass for a baffle is pretty dang small...but, if I removed it, it would be a straight pipe.  I went on a short ride on Wednesday (National Ride to Work Day) with about 12 other folks, including 2 1500cc Harleys with straight pipes.  My "little" Savage sounded just as good as the big HDs...it was the first time I had ridden with these folks (10 guys, 2 ladies) and I think a LOT of them were surprised at my little dog's big bark... Grin  I like loud...

Tom

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #8 - 07/22/05 at 07:59:38

If You want LOUD AND NASTY , I'll send You a gutted  original exhaust for $5 + whatever the shipping is. But I can not promise You , that You will be Your neigbour's favorite. Wink

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
magistermatt
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/22/05 at 08:21:47

I've never quite understood the preoccupation with loudness on bikes. I just switched to a stock sporty muffler on my savage from a Jardine because I felt the Jardine was too loud.

I did this for a few reasons. First the Jardine was actually hurting my right ear. If I didn't wear earplugs (even for a 15 minute ride) my ear would be ringing for a few hours afterwards. Second I commute on my bike and leave early in the morning. Seeing as I try to treat people the same way I would like to treated I also felt that the Jardine was a little loud for my neighbors sake.

I also live on a scenic ocean-side twisty road which happens to be a well travelled favorite of every motorcyclist in the area. While it is very nice to hear the bikes go by all too often one will go by that wakes me up in the middle of the night out of a dead sleep.

Just 1/2 cent on it all.

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/22/05 at 08:27:37

there is a saying Loud Pipes Save Lives. they might not see you but they will hear you.  

But i have to admit i dont really do it because of that. most people dont even here EMS or Police Vehicles, they prolly still wont hear you. but i love it when she screams.  Grin

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #11 - 07/22/05 at 08:32:16

Quote:
there is a saying Loud Pipes Save Lives. they might not see you but they will hear you.

Maybe there should be a corollary to the first saying.

"If they don't see you because they're looking around to find out where the noise is coming from they're gonna run over you"  Wink

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/22/05 at 08:34:07

hahahah LOL yea i'm always worried when i scare people (not on purpose of course) that they are gonna swerve right into me out of the scare.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #13 - 07/22/05 at 08:35:31

Yeah, there IS such a thing as too loud. As an expiriment, I replaced the stock muffler with a piece of chain link fence post. Started the bike in an aluminum mill I used to work at in Mississippi. Everyone left the building because they thought the extrusion line ovens were getting ready to explode.  Wink

The Raask is downright affordable compared to the 2 MAC systems I have at work. Box says $99.95... I rechecked the price on the blacked out system for a customer...$333.95. I'll NEVER be able to sell those 2 systems now... :'(
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #14 - 07/22/05 at 09:51:30

lcs151 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
thanks a bunch greg. unfortunately that is way out of my price range Sad  perhaps i will play around with straight pipes as well. the screamin eagle i have is awesome, but im curious what a straight pipe will sound like.  i have one, just have never put it on.  any other suggestions to make it louder without changing pipes? or is that about it?

Just to clarify....

It might seem expensive but if you want the "real deal" the Raask is it.....

What makes it better from a performance stand point?  The inner diameter of the pipe is the answer.  It is over 1/4" larger than the stock double walled header pipe.  You do not have the same restriction and the flow is improved.

What makes it better from a quality point of view?  The chrome plating is the answer.  It is far better than the quality of the stock header pipe.  Nice "deep" looking chrome.

What makes it better from an appearance point of view?  No muffler clamp.  No big bulky heat shield.  I have had mine for 2 years and the header area is still as bright as new.  No yellowing or color at all which is due to the improved flow which allows better cooling.

Sure it costs more than your other options, but it depends on what you want.  When you hang out in these forums as long as I have, and you continuously read about leaking clamps and gaskets, blueing pipes, drilling baffles, changing disks, and on and on and on.....  

I had a SuperTrapp, and I decided that I didn't want to fart around with it anymore.  Besides, the whole thing only weighs 7 pounds....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 13:45:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LOUD

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.