Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
WHO ARE WE? (Read 20 times)
DavidV
Ex Member

Re: WHO ARE WE?
Reply #75 - 06/02/05 at 21:04:54

Not a lot to say, really.

I'm 39, single and currently unemployed.  Used to be a Data Center manager for a very large German bank, but volunteered for the layoff last spring.  Never could get along with their way of thinking...  A tad too rigid for me, thanks.  

I've been riding for all of what, two weeks now?  I've put about 100 miles on my bike in the last week.  Passed the MSF class and test about two weeks back.  Need to get happier on the bike before I dare bring it to my place in the city (Baltimore, MD).  People drive like lunatics down here.

Firearms are a good thing; my other Savage is a 10FP in .308 Win.  Very good at keeping other folks honest at a distance.  Can't keep count of the other breeds.

Hobbies include m/c riding, landscape & architectural photography, pistol & rifle shooting, and renovating my old rowhouse in the now-way-too-expensive Federal Hill neighborhood.  (I'm actually thinking of moving, as I'm not nearly stuffy enough to live here anymore!).

Drop me a line if you need a ride partner 'round B-more.

Glad to have found the forum.  I've learned a lot from the archives already.

Regards, David

IP Logged
Kevin
Ex Member

Reply #76 - 06/06/05 at 19:29:53

Anglican/Episcopal priest
47 birthdays
1 church
300 families
1 wife (a good one too!)
2 great teenage daughters
1 dog
2 cats
2 mice and ...
a 2001 650 - Jardine, no white spacer, 157.5 main

The bike is always a big hit at the parish picnic.

K+

IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #77 - 06/06/05 at 21:20:43

i am 28 years old I live out side cincinnati ohio iam almost hitched i work for the state of ohio taking care of mrdd men and women 1 yellow savage 1nissan truck&car and a ford festia with a lot of clicks on it no kid thank god   just a dog Wink

shawn

IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #78 - 06/06/05 at 22:25:02

37 years old, first last and only wife, 2 kids, 1 of each boy first then girl, drive semi for a living 13 hours days right now, dont post often because I don't have a lot of time, on vacation this week have a 1986 LSF bought about 6ish years ago for a hobby I sponsor a youth group through our Church.  Life is Good.

IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #79 - 06/06/05 at 22:43:14

30 something here, married for 14years, one almost 13 year old daughter & one almost 4 year old son.  

Have worked as a veterinary assistant/purchasing agent for 16 years and have recently begun college coursework towards my degree as a veterinary technician.

Last year I realized very clearly that I was not doing anything for myself, never have. Decided time for me!! Started school, got my first computer and internet access in Dec 04 and my wonderful bike this spring.

Some say i have hit my midlife crisis a bit early, maybe so but it is time for me. No work, no kids, no barking dogs just me and my bike.  I do have a riding partner occassionaly, My husband has a boulevard c50t/volusia and also just started riding.  

I have 2 dogs, 5 cats and a rabbit.  I work about 30 hours a week and play whenever I get a chance, life should be more enjoyable and I plan on continuing to make it that way.  

I found this site trying to learn more about the bike and here you all were with all this wonderful information.   Wink

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
pstfatrunt
Ex Member

Reply #80 - 06/09/05 at 04:59:15

Ok Lance...

it'll be a pleasure meet you when 'u'll decide to came here in Italy.

Here in Italy we have not good highway... and the asphalt is often in a bad state...

IP Logged
Tama_Rama
Ex Member

Reply #81 - 06/09/05 at 16:28:09

Howdy Y'all,
  My name is Tammy and I am 45 years old. I am Mom to 4 kids of my own (Marlina is 26, Mark is 22, Lance is 20 and Jess is 16), almost a step-mom to 3 more. I also have 2 grandchildren. Jonathan is 2 1/2 years old and Jennifer is 8 months.
  My hunny is a construction superintendent and he travels the south. Sometimes I go with him but most time I am supervising at home.
  We live in northeastern Alabama, and my guy just bought himself a...can I say it here??? A Harley, brand new, 2 weeks ago.  We went riding on the following weekend and had a blast. I hadn't been on a bike since I was 16 and back then I was never a passenger, I was in control! Well, 5 days later Momma went out and bought herself a used 1996 Suzuki LS 650! It's been almost 30 years since I drove a bike, but most of it came back to me. And to be honest, I like my Savage more than I like his Harley  Grin
  I've read some posts here about classes being taken to get a license, but here in Alabama all that is needed is to pass a written test. I think maybe I am missing some much needed lessons by getting the license so easily. But in the last 8 days I have put about 400 miles on it. I'm hooked. I may not have taken a driving course, and I would like to say thank you to all of you have posted their own experiences and hints and tips on being a safe driver.
  Stay safe, y'all.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #82 - 06/09/05 at 17:31:00

pstfatrunt wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Ok Lance...

it'll be a pleasure meet you when 'u'll decide to came here in Italy.

Here in Italy we have not good highway... and the asphalt is often in a bad state...

My wife and I have been talking about a trip for the 2 of us...no kids...no grandkids...just us, and Italy sounded really good.  It may take us a year or two to save up for it, but it would be great if we could meet each other during our time there.  Perhaps we could email and learn what parts of Italy would be the best, and most economical, to visit.
Thanks

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #83 - 06/09/05 at 20:21:20

Tama_Rama wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
  I've read some posts here about classes being taken to get a license, but here in Alabama all that is needed is to pass a written test. I think maybe I am missing some much needed lessons by getting the license so easily.

Welcome and congratulations!  The MSF is not necessarily a requirement, though in some places it negates the need to take the driving test so that only a written test is needed, etc.  In my case, I already had my license and had for decades.  I took it because I hadn't ridden in 14 years and thought a brush-up on someone else's bike was a good idea.  I'm glad I did it.  It wasn't necessary but it was good for me.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 16:14:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WHO ARE WE?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.