Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Re: K&N air filter...
Reply #15 - 04/23/05 at 20:58:11

Sorry about going a little overboard there it just piss me off. Angry I do fell better though 8)

IP Logged
bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #16 - 04/23/05 at 21:00:13

Don't quit now.  I'm with ya.  Goin' a little overboard never hurt nobody -- or as BB King says "Ain't gonna be no sin".

Been drinkin and wrenching all day anyway.  Amazed I can type.  

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #17 - 04/23/05 at 21:13:42

diddo here to bobo got a lot of things done and screwed a few things up must have been that 6point beer I brought back from the NASCAR race in FT Worth last week. 8)

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 04/24/05 at 21:48:47

I have been one of those across the big water in harms way before, and now I have kids doing the same.  It is indeed a good time to pray for them, their safety, strength to do the fob.  Just leave the  spouse thing out of this, OK?  Life in the military is hard enough as it is...too much time away from family...hours of boredom followed by days/weeks at a time of hard fear, wondering if you will live long enough to get home.

SUPPORT THE TROOPS

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #19 - 04/25/05 at 13:02:34

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

BRING THEM HOME....

and send GWB and his cronies to do the job...

how on earth is it always the politicians who start trouble and young people who fight, eh?

The USA and his people would never be safer than if those kids were at home, where they are actually needed and missed....

RW

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 04/25/05 at 21:36:08

"W" is doing his job.
The politicians did not start this thing, it was "Osama and his friends"...remember?  9-11, USS Cole, Mogadishu (spell check).  
Young people are usually the ones who do the job of providing security, it is by necessity a young persons job.  You cannot do that kind of thing when you get older...I know that by experience.
Yes, when a family member is gone they are missed.  But understand this, neither you, or me, or anyone else in this country can be safe without SOMEONE STANDING ON THE WALL TO STAND WATCH, MAKING SURE THAT NO ONE GETS IN WHO WOULD DO US HARM.

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #21 - 04/26/05 at 08:28:31

I agree with you Lancer that GWB did not start this thing, it was probably his father or someone way back in history... but have you just ever wondered why is that other peoples do not like the US Government or Rule?

I just ask myself if the average American citizen has really considered that maybe Iraqis, Afghans, Somalians and other alike do NOT want democracy as a form of government? They maybe quite happy with their little kings, feudal lords, and similar leaders... why do you (American government) feel you have to decide how other peoples have to be ruled, who has to do it and when a change is needed?

If we follow that logic, I could think that the US citizen might be better off with someone like Vlad Putin or Kim Jong Il in the White House, but who am I to decide?

what all the other countries in the world (I mean the real citizens, not the US-loving leaders, like Blair and that gang) are saying is, LEAVE US ALONE, TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN BUSINESS and PAY A FAIR PRICE FOR MY STUFF, the rest is just middle-aged rethoric...

Uff, sorry for that, just my two cents from sunny Santiago, after a 2-hour rainstorm....

Best,

RW

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 04/26/05 at 09:35:49

The questions are valid, as is your opinion, you have every right.  Other people want the same God given right to do the same.  When considering these things, I suggest that you seek out the reports of  "those who have been with the people"  in the villages and fields...our soldiers.    Virtually all that I have heard report that the people there are VERY grateful that we removed the murdering UNELECTED leaders that had been hurting them.  They do not have to chose our form of government, but it is good that they can choose, not forced by a dictator with a gun to their head.
We did (note that I said WE, since it was the leaders that we elected who made these decisions for us...that is what we elected them to do...if you do not agree with what they did then vote them out...that is your responsibility as a voting member of this country) go into these countries for the purpose of removing a threat to our country.  It is a hard thing to do, but there are times when we have to make hard decisions.  Are the Afgan and Iraqi people, in general, glad we came in?  You bet  they are!  Women are able to work, girls able to go to school, children no longer put in prison (Sadam had prisons built for the sole purpose of holding children as young as 5 years old in order to force their fathers to fight in the military), no more family members being taken in the night and never seen again.  Think about it, what would you do...how would you react if those things happened to your wife, your children, your mother or father?  If you fully take that concept into your mind the idea of it will churn your gut...a lot of people in this world live with this every day...it is heart breaking.  Yes, they want to be free too.

Now I have gone off on my soap box again.  The concept of REAL FREEDOM fans a fire in me.  I do not hesitate to defend my right to freedom, nor would I hesitate to risk my life for your right as well.  Without freedom, every aspect of life is negatively impacted.  Dwell on that thought for a while, and see that it is true.

On to more pleasant things.
Ride well and ride safe.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy the blessings God has given us.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #23 - 04/26/05 at 09:45:21

Red,

I just now realized that you are from Chile, and therefore ask for you to understand that parts of my comments  are directed toward US citizens.  Most, however, I think are applicable to everyone.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

IP Logged
Oklahoma_Mike
2005 No Login

With two on the
ground love can be
found

Tulsa Oklahoma Area
Reply #24 - 04/26/05 at 09:52:33

I think we might need to change the title of the thread. 8)

IP Logged
Maggo

Reply #25 - 04/26/05 at 10:43:04

K&N filter # SU-6595 should be the right one for it.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #26 - 04/26/05 at 11:54:36

Actually, the discussion should move to another board.  I had a couple of comments and started a reply this morning but thought better of it, deciding SuzukiSavage.com was not the appropriate venue and deleted my post.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #27 - 04/26/05 at 13:08:56

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Actually, the discussion should move to another board.  I had a couple of comments and started a reply this morning but thought better of it, deciding SuzukiSavage.com was not the appropriate venue and deleted my post.

i did excatly the same thing last night at around 2300.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #28 - 04/26/05 at 13:57:23

it's time to lighten things up here.

how come we can't find a 7ft bearded man dragging a dialasis machine around (the one who actually did 9-11).
yet we feel the need to monitor matha stewarts movements 24/7  Shocked

credit jay leno.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Reply #29 - 04/26/05 at 14:45:24

Just a quick note, so the thread can go back to its original purpose...
I agree with most Lancer's comments, the only thing that got me off the track is the idea that the USA are to be world's police corps; we have the UNO and other forums to cope with it, in other words, it's unilateralism that I do not like, I'd have fully supported the invasion of Iraq had the world agreed upon it, but it didn't.
So Bushy went on his own... real respect for legalities in law-abiding USA...

Time to go ride...

CU later, take care fellow riders.

RW

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 13:38:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › K&N air filter...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.