Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Odyssey Battery Query
05/11/05 at 10:59:03

I am considering getting an Odyssey PC545MJ.  I like what I've read about AGM batteries, the MIL-SPEC of the Odyssey line and the fact that the MJ versions are fully metal jacketed for extra durability.  I've read several other posts, the most informative of which was this one but I'm still not sure if it'll actually fit in the stock battery box.  Guess I have to measure the box later.  I could remove the box if necessary but would prefer not to, if at all possible.  Any comments/suggestions on this from anyone that has one on their Savage?  I saw EarsLikenElf has a PC545 on his but it looks like he's removed both the battery box and airbox along the way.  I prefer to keep my airbox intact.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Odyssey Battery Query
Reply #1 - 05/11/05 at 13:22:36

Looks like the Odyssey is about 2 in wider than this one made of the same stuff - other than metal clad it also looks to have a high operating temp (176f) the CCA's are fractionally less - @$99 vs $55 -don't know if it's worth the pain-  I to intend to replace the current battery with an AGM at the first sign of idle discharge - but so far it's hanging in there.  

http://ebatteriestogo.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EBTG&...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Odyssey Battery Query
Reply #2 - 05/11/05 at 13:37:18

Yeah, my other options are the KTX14AHL or the YTX14AHL-BS, both of which are just under $56 with free shipping.  The best I've found for the Odyssey so far was on eBay at $65 + $14 S/H.  Considering the stock box is a metal jacket of a sort anyway, it may be the way to go.  Still, the Odyssey seems to be more robust and carries a better warranty.  Hmmmmm...

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 14:35:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Odyssey Battery Query

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.