Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: New Fancy Brake Rotor
Reply #15 - 06/24/07 at 14:06:45

Okay, I decided to do it too.  EBC rotor and SBS ceramic pads.  I took the advice above and used the deburring tool on the holes before installation.  Here's how she looks now.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #16 - 06/24/07 at 15:30:27

make a cool buzzzzz? after a bit of break in to grind off the light galvn on the friction area I also used stainless pigment paint on all areas of the rotor that the pads do not touch - the salt air would light flash rust the low carbon steel fairly quick

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 06/24/07 at 22:52:15

I know I can sure appreciate not wanting to do anything that might cause the "Loss of a buzz"

Where does Stainless pigment paint come from? I guess things like that are common down there. I've never heard of such. All I have in my rust killing arsenal is phosphoric acid, to turn iron oxide into iron phosphate.Ospho, from Kelley Moore in a quart jug. I tried the paste once. No good.. I hope you are able to tell a difference when the pads are bedded. If so, Holler&, I will do it for the girl. Thanks.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 06/25/07 at 05:34:31

Haven't really had a chance to ride her since.  It was on to other chores...  So the galvanizing doesn't help against rust, huh?  That's a shame.  Maybe the fact that I'm not at the coast will make mine a less likely offering to the rust gods.  We'll see.  If not, I guess I'll have to try some paint too.

I also had the afterthought that I should've rebalanced the whole affair after changing rotors.  I would think the rotor should be pretty consistent throughout but you never know.  What think you all?  Should I remove the wheel and rebalance it or is the rotor change unlikely to have any noticeable effect?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #19 - 06/25/07 at 11:21:06

take it out for a spin, if it vibrates rebalance. if it doesn't vibrate dont rebalance

i believe it's called trial and error

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 07/05/07 at 08:55:01

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
take it out for a spin, if it vibrates rebalance. if it doesn't vibrate dont rebalance

Yup, no noticeable vibration at all.  I didn't notice any buzzing either but then my MAC exhaust may not be quiet enough to pick it up.  Stops like a champ but I'm not sure how much of that is due to the rotor and how much is the ceramic pads.

Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #21 - 07/06/07 at 06:04:40

Talking about a fancy brakedisk. Look what our Finnish Savage Friends made!!
http://www.ls-650.de/forum/index.php?topic=3912.0

Try to reach someone of the Finnish forum who speaks another language besides Finnish who can give me pore details.

Also some pictures of a wrecked Savage engine:
http://www.ls-650.de/forum/index.php?topic=4069.0

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #22 - 09/08/07 at 23:11:12

Same rotor i'm using.  So far I love it.  I changed out the pads at the same time and it's making for a very good combo!!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #23 - 02/06/16 at 19:24:49

Hey, I know it's an old post but better'n starting a new one just to axe a question.
What did you guys use to deburr the holes on the EBC rotor?
Manual tool, bit for a drill or something fancier y'all use in a lathe or something?
Thanks.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 02/06/16 at 20:40:24

EBC rotors come drilled, I don't think anybody deburrs them after that.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 15:35:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Fancy Brake Rotor

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.