loud noise (Read 318 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: loud noise
Reply #45 - 02/06/24 at 17:04:06

It actually looks pretty good!  I like your thinking especially since it seems you have some knowledge and skills!  

There is a hondashadow.net forum but it’s not nearly as good as here on SS.  There are a few people on the shadow forum that are genuinely helpful and knowledgeable, but then there are a lot of snarky jerks that just like to insult people.

There is a lot of good info there, but finding it can be a challenge.

IP Logged
96zukirod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 02/06/24 at 18:02:10

Its definitely a project but i traded a 82 suzuki 450t for it and i put about 800 in that bike all together it was just too small for me or my fiance but when i fix it my fiance will be learning how to ride on the savage she loves it and says its super comfortable for her https://www.hondashadow.net/threads/new-to-me.591290/?post_id=5634461&nested_...
Here is the link I posted on there for my bike so far I've talked to good people but I did notice on other conversations on there people are a-holes but I can see a huge difference in that one and this one.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #47 - 02/07/24 at 05:21:57

Looks and sounds like you’ve been busy on the Shadow.  Have you got it in running condition yet?  You’ve done a lot of work already!  

Before I got my Shadow, I used to chase my buddy’s 1100 Sabre with my Savage.  He’s was a good sport when I’d jump him off the line and thru the turns.  Your wife should enjoy keeping up with you and passing you in the twisties.  lol.

One thing for sure is that this forum is better organized, and common issues have been summarized in the tech section.  The other big difference is that there are 47 flavors of Shadows and only 1 LS650!  A lot better focus with just 1 bike making things easier and clearer.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #48 - 02/07/24 at 08:50:05

That yellow S40 sure is nice looking.

The 95 Shadow I believe is a 4 speed. Everything I've read about them is good. I have a 96 VT1100C which has the 5 speed tranny. I've not needed to do much with the bike in the 3-4 years that I've had it even though I've put around 24K miles on it in that time. It is not a power demon but switching from the S40 to the Shadow makes you feel like you are on a hot rod. And it actually handles quite well. The other thing, at least for my height/build, the Shadow is really comfortable.

Enjoy both bikes. They each have their strengths and are both alot of fun.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 22:58:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › loud noise

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.