Send Topic Print
loud noise (Read 318 times)
96zukirod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: loud noise
Reply #30 - 02/05/24 at 11:30:20

I appreciate you guys I don't normally do mistakes like that. When I got this bike a friend of mine said oh those are like dirt bikes...... no they are not 😁😁 he lied these are so much simpler but at the same time very finicky

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #31 - 02/05/24 at 11:49:56

PS - I would always use a gasket and not try to replace a gasket with RTV.  Usually, you can reuse the gasket.  If the gasket only has a small bad spot, then probably ok to use some RTV on the spot.

RTV is such a mess to deal with the "next time" you have to go in there...

I'm kinda rough as a cob and ruined my gasket during disassembly.  Glad I had a new one in hand ready to go.  It's worth the extra $15 or so to me.

IP Logged
96zukirod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 02/05/24 at 12:20:58

I don't know about everyone else but I have a hard time getting the gasket I mean like 3 weeks before it ships and when I do get it it comes in this stupid package that you gotta use an exact knife and trace it all out and it pops right out the plastic. But it's all back together and it's quiet as it was before I touched it lol I'm taking it on a short ride this evening then if that goes well I'm taking it on a long one tomorrow.

IP Logged
96zukirod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 02/05/24 at 12:29:12

This is mine I traded 400 bucks worth of rifles for.

20231015_121211.jpg
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #34 - 02/05/24 at 13:05:11

Cool.  Bumblebee!!  Hoping for a quiet test ride for you!

The new post office in Houston is a complete cluster f@#^!  (Postwoman's exact words.)  I waited over 3 weeks for many parts.  One part never made it, and Partzilla sent another one via UPS that made it in 3 business days (no charge to me).

I like Partzilla.  They are usually a little cheaper than Revzilla and others and at least they have the option to selected expedited shipping.

My clutch side crankcase gasket arrived in a full-size box placed between 2 pieces of cardboard with shrink wrap plastic around it.  It is an OEM quality gasket - it was ready to go out of the box.

Here's a pic of Woody.

Rt_Side_Front_Corner.jpeg
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #35 - 02/06/24 at 00:11:04

Wow!  A couple of slick lookin Savages procured at bargain basement prices.  Congrats on the successful surgery.  That little biker looks like he's havin a great time.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #36 - 02/06/24 at 02:52:46

ThumperPaul wrote on 02/05/24 at 13:05:11:
I like Partzilla.  They are usually a little cheaper than Revzilla and others and at least they have the option to selected expedited shipping.

My clutch side crankcase gasket arrived in a full-size box placed between 2 pieces of cardboard with shrink wrap plastic around it.  It is an OEM quality gasket - it was ready to go out of the box.

Give Rocky Mountain ATV a try.  Revzilla and doesn't have any parts in stock - they order them from their supplier when you order them.

Rocky Mountain ATV has a parts inventory.  They have been far faster in getting me parts than the other places.  If you order a quantity they don't have in stock they will ship you what they have, then keep shipping you parts as they come in......rather than wait until they get everything.  The first time they did this I almost called to complain my order was short.....then more parts started coming every day or two.

I still order tires and clothing from Revzilla - but not Suzuki parts.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
96zukirod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 02/06/24 at 06:34:20

10-4 and dragbike yeah I'm pretty happy with this bike I put 1600 miles on it before I did any real maintenance I found out last night on a Vin search in 2000 it had 3k miles in 2004 in had 7250 in 2023 when I got it it had 7455 and I looked the whole thing over it looked like someone overhauled the entire bike or kept it in their house lol so I rode the piss out of it before I decided to do maintenance which it probably didn't need

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #38 - 02/06/24 at 07:16:11

Thanks Mike.  Woody is on the road again thanks to you!!  

I just need to cure this pesky oil leak now.  I don't see it coming from the stator wire exit.  I think I got that plugged up for now.  It's either at the bottom of the alternator crankcase cover or the bottom of the gear shifter cover.  If I put the bike on a stand straight up and down, no leak.  On the side stand, it lets out a few drops of oil overnight.  After a ride, with the oil really warm, its a pretty good drip but not a stream.  It's just enough to be annoying and I have to keep a baking sheet under the area when not in use.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #39 - 02/06/24 at 08:10:15

Thank for the tip on Rocky Mountain ATV, Dave.  I'm going to check them out.

EDIT:  I checked on the gear shifter crankcase gasket.  They are a few 30-40 cents higher than Partzilla and its on backover until 3/5.  Partzilla is backorder too but only 3-4 days until shipping (confirmed by customer service guy at Partzilla).  Learned Woody is a Model K5.  Between my S40 and the Shadow, I've become kinda attached to Partzilla.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #40 - 02/06/24 at 10:58:36

I'm partial to Partzilla for OEM parts too.  I've poked around at a few other sites and always ended up back at Partzilla for some reason.

I can vouch for their customer service. UPS lost one of my orders. Partzilla sent out a replacement right away. Several months later UPS delivered the original package. The box was destroyed. I'm guessing most of the parts were missing based on how the box was folded and taped up. I let Partzilla know and they immediately sent a return shipping label and asked that I send what was left back to them.  

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #41 - 02/06/24 at 11:21:26

Rocky Mountain ATV has excellent customer service as well - if you ever need it.

The "BIG" plus about doing business with them - is that they do have a parts inventory.  If they show it is in stock.....it is "at" their place of business and it will ship immediately.

Revzilla, Partszilla, Chapmoto and many others do not actually stock the parts at their business.  When you order an OEM part from them - they order it from their supplier....and when they get it they ship it to you.

Parts from Rocky Mountain ATV will always get to you faster - and if they are missing something in your order....they will still ship you whatever they have right away and then ship the remainder of your order later.  You may get 2 or 3 deliveries as they ship any part of your order as soon as they have it.  They have never help up items they have waiting or other parts to arrive - they ship what they have in stock right away.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
96zukirod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 02/06/24 at 11:27:56

Paul what kind of shadow do you have? I just got one of those and it was very neglected so I'm going through the process to make it nice again

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #43 - 02/06/24 at 15:15:43

I have a mint condition 2006 Shadow Spirit VT750DC.  I'm the 3rd owner.  Got it last July with 2,600 miles on it.  I'm up to about 4,300 now.  Prior owners treated it like a trophy bike to admire in the garage.

I love it.  The baffles in the rear were cut out before I bought it.  It's somewhat louder than stock but not obnoxious.  I need to shim the needles in the carbs with washers.  It has a lean spot right off idle at 1/8th throttle.  It's in a bad spot right when you are trying to do low speed maneuvers like parking lots and parking spaces and sharp turns from a stop sign or light.  I'll probably go up one size of the pilot and main jet too.  I need to see what's in there and if it was changed from stock (pair of 40 pilots and 105 front carb/cylinder and 108 rear main jet). I have all the parts.  Just trying to decide when I want to do it.  I've got some other things going on that are making it hard to plan.

Which Shadow do you have?

IMG_2821.JPEG
  IP Logged
96zukirod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 02/06/24 at 15:23:20

I got a 95 vt1100c it unfortunately was neglected way beyond what most people would try to repair but I don't mind because I'd rather put in the work and learn every bit of this bike than for me to not know anything about it and something go wrong

20240114_155313.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 00:14:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › loud noise

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.