Send Topic Print
2024 Rides (Read 2642 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #495 - 05/08/24 at 03:46:21

Dave wrote on 05/07/24 at 15:24:15:
I spoke with Neil yesterday - he is still in pain and hasn't been on a motorcycle since we last rode with him.

He is likely turning the corner and is hoping to be over it in a couple more weeks!

Keep him in your prayers!

Actually, I was on a motorcycle the other day.  
Managed to put the shiny new clutch cable in on Mad Hamish (thanks Springman!  Cheesy ), and had to test the adjustments.  Rode it all of 3 feet or so...  Shocked
PSA..  If you have not had a shingles vaccination.. get one.  This is hurting.. a LOT.   Angry

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #496 - 05/08/24 at 06:25:35

That LTIP is definitely new to me. Yikes  Grin

Neal, glad you are starting to feel a little better and that you got the cable installed. I've been too busy to do any riding or anything else that would be considered fun. Glad I washed the bike the day I got home or it would still have the Hill Country grime and dead bugs on it.

Take care of your self Neal. I think I will schedule the vaccine for myself. Thanks for everything. You're a good man. Don't care what anybody else says. Shocked

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #497 - 05/08/24 at 19:48:01

Glad your getting better Neal.

I don't know what PSA is and not sure I want too know ... but from what I found it should be below 2.5  ?

I was glad to get home to my lighter bike.  I try to take a ride everyday even if it's only around the "Country Block" .

To day I took the 530 pound bike to the Planet Fitness and then back home the long way.   Just to keep the battery charged up good.

We are getting the storms today that came through Texas a few days ago.

It isn't often we get tornado " Warning " , but we got them tonight !  Also really heavy rain for about 3 hours now.   We live on a hill and my bikes are in the dry ... so ... let it rain !   Smiley
Normally , I have to "Cut Hay"  before we get rain like this !    Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #498 - 05/09/24 at 04:01:46

MMRanch wrote on 05/08/24 at 19:48:01:
I don't know what PSA is and not sure I want too know ... but from what I found it should be below 2.5  ?

In this context: PSA = Public Service Announcement.

Another PSA would to have blood drawn for a PSA test, especially those of us that are of a senior status.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #499 - 05/09/24 at 18:54:37

Another PSA would to have blood drawn for a PSA test, especially those of us that are of a senior status.  

yes

I date back to 1953 , and go have blood drawn every 6 month .  
So
I'm glad my Dr. hasn't felt the need to explain the PSA stuff to me yet.
She did tell me about being "Pre-Diabetic" , so the Mountain Dew got replaced with water or Juice .
And , something about what kind of material Cancer likes to hide in .   That where the trips to the gym root from  Wink also I've had a few visits with a dietitian   Sad   I didn't like nothing that lady said !   Embarrassed

Life was so much simpler with a 30 year old body !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #500 - 05/10/24 at 04:53:23

Surely you’re not saying that we are AGING are you ? 😕

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #501 - 05/10/24 at 07:14:45

Surely you’re not saying that we are AGING are you  

Oh , NO ...  Roll Eyes

Not sure about anybody else ... but I'm getting more connected to the Cosmos every year.   Better and Better all the time !  I'm a Blessed man and Thank God for it every day !

But I do find that : I search for a more comfortable and lighter bike all the time , as the years roll past ! ?   Grin

What's worst than " Aging "   ?   Huh

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #502 - 05/10/24 at 13:04:55

Harder aging.

I can attest to some of that.

Some vehicles just require more maintenance and repair and replacement of parts than others, and lets don’t forget the constant tuning to TRY to stay in tune.  The tolerances on parts overall can be marginal at best, which leads to lack luster performance and maintenance problems; we call it a Lemon.
Then there are those that run perfectly, as if built and Dyno tuned from the factory, and just lasts forever.  We call it Highly Collectable.

Bodies are the same way, mine tends a little toward the lemon, while my stepdad Don, who is 102 years old, tends toward the Highly Collectable.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #503 - 05/10/24 at 20:40:35

Grin Grin Grin

Good comparison !

Smiley

Most of the time I feel like a FORD !   ....   Or
Maybe a Yamaha ... either Super Great or In the Shop !

Roll Eyes

I'm already "Thinking  ... Next time the weather has a string of Warm-Dry-Days ... it may be time for a Dragon Run ?  
Last time I was there my 350 Meteor was STOCK , now it's got all the right breathing equipment !  DNA air intake , Performance Cam (20%-increase) , and the Free-Flow Exaust .    
The only thing left is the (72mm to 78mm) piston swap , Stroke is 86mm  ?    But , that's the high dollar option (New Cylinder).

That long pull going up the  Skyway from the NC.-side took full throttle last  time to hold 55-60 mph.

« Last Edit: 05/11/24 at 09:04:34 by MMRanch »  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 14:57:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.