Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Events for 2022
Reply #75 - 02/02/22 at 06:55:03

MMRanch wrote on 02/01/22 at 19:44:24:
So who all is in the cabin now ?
If I need to then I can bring a cot (but not the same one I did the first year we got the cabin)I fell out of that thing at least twice a night !   Smiley

You, me, springman and lancer.
I don't think hammer is coming.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #76 - 02/02/22 at 11:16:28

Yep. Hammer says we wants to come but is iffy due to work. I already got my vacation request approved. Really looking forward to seeing you all and getting some good riding done.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #77 - 02/02/22 at 17:08:33

. Really looking forward to seeing you

Springman , be sure Steve know we want him to come along , just in case we need someone to get us out of getting a drag-racing ticket !  Grin

Five in the cabin still works just fine !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #78 - 02/03/22 at 08:59:02

Thanks MM. He is eager but he basically works projects, and if he has a project on at that time he cannot afford to not take it and miss out on a good paycheck.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #79 - 02/04/22 at 00:10:13

OK

I'm hoping he gets a good paycheck and gets to join us !   (maybe he'll buy us lunch ?)  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #80 - 02/18/22 at 10:32:20

OK, reservations made for cabin #1 from 4/17 thru 23

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #81 - 02/19/22 at 20:00:41

Smiley

I'm working on what route to take now .  Smiley

Its a nice long way either way I go , Just me and the bike for two days unless Steve can join us .   Then I'd like the company.

I've got a new Shinko 312 (thank you Springman) for the trip , not even on the bike yet !

Praying for good weather !

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #82 - 02/24/22 at 09:40:50

That is great Versy. Really looking forward to this. Have had a less than pleasant day at work so far today. Really looking forward to seeing good friends and getting away from this for a week.

Good on you MM. The 712 is a good tire. I've got them both front and back now on the S40 and they do well. I will say that in my experience the 230 front tire is slightly better than the 712, but on the rear both the 712 and 230 feel about the same to me.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #83 - 02/25/22 at 11:34:48

This year , I'm doing  thing a little different.

I've been going down the Natchez Trace and camping at the south end , then running through Texas the next day.    And if Hammer wants to/can go that is still a plan that works good.  
But
Fact is : I don't feel as good about camping alone as I used too and its always better have a ridding buddy along too.  

So
This year I'm going to Lancers on the first day and ridding with him on to Texas for day two.    

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #84 - 03/08/22 at 10:05:09

Anybody got favorite places they want to see again?
I know MM likes "Stone HINGE"  Roll Eyes

Favorite food stops?
HillBillyz, Alamo Springs Cafe

Favorite roads?
Reminder to self.  Three Sisters route.  Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop is CLOSED Tuesday and Wednesday.

Throw them ideas and desires out there!   Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #85 - 03/08/22 at 15:10:26

All that looks about right to me Neal. Don't forget though that Dave and MM want a water crossing! Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #86 - 03/08/22 at 18:22:24

I want clean water if possible please !    Smiley

Hay , thinking of water ... have we been to Bandera Falls area yet ?

I remember the Bandera Hwy to the breakfast gas station , but don't remember seeing any large water falls ?

« Last Edit: 03/08/22 at 20:22:56 by MMRanch »  

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #87 - 03/09/22 at 03:05:48

MMRanch wrote on 03/08/22 at 18:22:24:
I want clean water if possible please !    Smiley

Hay , thinking of water ... have we been to Bandera Falls area yet ?

I remember the Bandera Hwy to the breakfast gas station , but don't remember seeing any large water falls ?

Bandera Falls is a small community over by Pipe Creek and Bandera.  We have been through there on English Crossing road, and it does cross the Medina River.  There aren't really any .. "Falls" there.

Bandera Highway (aka 173) which is where the cabins are, is called that because you can .. well... go to Bandera on that road.

I know where some water falls are.. or what would be water falls if there was enough water.  Going to look a bit pathetic with the lack of rain.  More like a water trickle..

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #88 - 03/09/22 at 06:43:33

More like a water trickle..

I'm going along for the ride anyway but , maybe a walk-a-bout near the trickle would be good .  

One of the things we rode by was a long wall with glass piled on top of it.   I had the idea that Drug money can buy things like that.    That was in a flat land area.  

Have we been to the "Hill Country State Natural Area" near Tarpley yet ?

Or

The "Canyon State Natural Area" ?  

The entire area has me in a Vacation State of Mind , so I'm good with all of it.  Wink

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #89 - 03/10/22 at 02:42:01

One of the things we rode by was a long wall with glass piled on top of it.   I had the idea that Drug money can buy things like that.    That was in a flat land area.  

You probably mean this.  
https://goo.gl/maps/pH2p55CxMPohMmz59
Look at it with satellite view.  Quite the hacienda!

Have we been to the "Hill Country State Natural Area" near Tarpley yet ?
Umm .. no.  There is a road that goes through it.  It is also very .. Natural.  Made up of native texas rock.. caliche..  Sure.  Glad to take you there.  Happy Trails to You!

The "Canyon State Natural Area" ?  
We call that place "Government Canyon".
https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/government-canyon
Very popular with hikers and mountain bikers.
You want to go hiking?  I will take you there and wish you well at the entrance.. then go for a ride and find a beer.  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 08:43:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2022

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.