Events for 2022 (Read 1622 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Events for 2022
Reply #60 - 01/18/22 at 15:29:19

Dave wrote on 01/18/22 at 14:16:48:
Hey MM:

Here is the low water crossing in Center Point.

I will bring the GoPro to record your crossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9mX0-cOZXc

Fear monger!!!   That was from 2016.   This is same place from 2021..
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4909987495684622&set=pcb.4909987662351272

Grin

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #61 - 01/18/22 at 15:30:05

Dave wrote on 01/18/22 at 14:00:14:
Just a block away from Los Dos Amigos!

Been there.. good eats!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #62 - 01/18/22 at 16:50:44

Hay YouzGuyz , is that the same crossing you led us through the first year we made the pilgrimage to the HILL COUNTRY ?  Huh

If you remember , I was the last one across even back then  ... now that I've grown OLD and CAUTIOUS , that really looks scary !  Tongue

Dave , the page had turned over , so I just now saw where the scary picture came from !  ...  I hope it runs down before we get there , so your go-pro don't get scared too !

I'm not sure even a Himalayan could cross that High Water ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #63 - 01/19/22 at 13:23:56

MMRanch wrote on 01/18/22 at 16:50:44:
Hay YouzGuyz , is that the same crossing you led us through the first year we made the pilgrimage to the HILL COUNTRY ?  Huh

If you remember , I was the last one across even back then  ... now that I've grown OLD and CAUTIOUS , that really looks scary !  Tongue

Ummmm... which water crossing??  Was it paved?  Creek bed??  
Any clues at all??? (Yeah.. it was ... wet!  Tongue )

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #64 - 01/19/22 at 15:15:48

I think it was creek bed.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #65 - 01/19/22 at 16:36:54

Maybe - Creek bed the one I was thinking of with a slight right turn build into it and an uphill on the other side , but there were many the way I remember it !
We all got our wheels washed ya might say .   Smiley

Not that is matters , but I'll be the last across anything resembling the one Dave found .   Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #66 - 01/19/22 at 22:01:23

Well ,

I got good news and bad news today !

The good news is :
Anders (my son) got  approved for his "Skills-Bridge"  thing today !   Smiley
That means he could be coming home in April this year instead of Oct.   Hopefully durning the first part of the month , so he can get settled in with training for a new job and all before its TEXAS TIME .

The bad news is that :
Marcia won't go anywhere for the first 6 month her baby is home after being gone for 3 years.    

So ,

I might have to leave Anders to look after his mom till I get back ?   He's been home for visits twice in the last year , and calls home at least a couple time a week.   That first visit after a year in South Korea was a month long visit .  Wink

It could be May before the Skills Bridge thing starts ???  I'll know more in a week or two ?  Huh

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #67 - 01/20/22 at 04:26:44

MMRanch wrote on 01/19/22 at 16:36:54:
Maybe - Creek bed the one I was thinking of with a slight right turn build into it and an uphill on the other side , but there were many the way I remember it !

Not that is matters , but I'll be the last across anything resembling the one Dave found .   Roll Eyes

OK.  That was probably Middle Creek Road.  
Steep down hill paved, then gravel, then a right turn, go into the creek and go downstream for 20ft or so, then back out and uphill gravel, then back paved.
I'll take Thumper through there and get a video.

I don't know if I would try that with the Rocket.  It's making that turn in the creek bed that is "iffy".

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #68 - 01/20/22 at 04:36:09

youzguyz wrote on 01/20/22 at 04:26:44:
MMRanch wrote on 01/19/22 at 16:36:54:

OK.  That was probably Middle Creek Road.  
Steep down hill paved, then gravel, then a right turn, go into the creek and go downstream for 20ft or so, then back out and uphill gravel, then back paved.
I'll take Thumper through there and get a video.

I don't know if I would try that with the Rocket.  It's making that turn in the creek bed that is "iffy".

Wow.. I already HAVE a video!  Grin

https://www.facebook.com/neal.achterhof/posts/5020101118006592  Middle Creek

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #69 - 01/20/22 at 08:56:23

That is it Neal !    Looking at it now , I feel a little silly for being reluctant to cross it .  Roll Eyes

It seem like there might have been more water at the time maybe ?    It looks like a fun ride now !  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #70 - 01/25/22 at 04:37:49

MM:

Are you getting any practice with the new GPS?

When Youzguyz heads back home at the end of each day - We might need you to guide us back to Kerrville! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #71 - 01/25/22 at 08:22:04

"O-Yea"  ,  It's an Android System , so it's not the same as a Garmin and involves a learning curve ya might say !   Huh

I've only got two places in "Favorites" , but don't have the saving into Favorites quite figured out yet ... so far its been "push buttons till it works ???  Tongue

Maybe by spring I'll have it figured out   Undecided

These Cold "Heart of Winter Days" put Marcia in the mood for a new kitchen counter top and tile walls above it .
And we had an old Squair 1960 type hot water heater in a corner under our old kitchen counter.
So
You know I hate to pay people to do things that I can do.  That would cut into my Motorcycle money.
We got a "Lazy Susan" corner to replace it.
But  You know I hate to pay people to do things that I can do
Well , that has involved "re-spacing" the under counter cabinets.  Nothing fits anymore.
As of now the new Granit Rock counter person is coming to measure tomorrow.
The old kitchen sink is out and the old counter top is on the car port.
My Kitchen don't work and won't work for at least the next two weeks .  

Its to cold to ride much anyway !   Roll Eyes

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #72 - 01/25/22 at 13:30:28

Dave wrote on 01/25/22 at 04:37:49:
MM:

When Youzguyz heads back home at the end of each day - We might need you to guide us back to Kerrville! Wink

Ah reckon ya should go yonder for a bit and turn more or less north at the old church.  Ifn ya see that busted old truck in the corn field to the left, ya done went to fur..  Turn yourselves around and ask Ralph at the post office in the general store which way ya should be goin..
Welllll.. you made it back.. right?

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #73 - 01/31/22 at 15:08:17

Back? Back where? Where I am?? Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #74 - 02/01/22 at 19:44:24

Springman I'll follow you BACK to the cabin ...

I did successfully save a place into the "Favorite" section of the bike GPS today.   I'll practice on another few places before Texas time.   Once into the Favorite section all is easy.

I don't think Marcia is joining us this year ?  She thinks both of us should not take off for Texas only a month after our son get home to start the "Skills Bridge" thing - where he gets out early to train for a civilian job.   He will be home almost a month before Texas time.  Son is a very capable young man and mom is a very attentive mom.  Not to say I don't worry about him but ... he is a jet mechanic in the USAF and has spent a full tour of duty in South Korea !  

So who all is in the cabin now ?
If I need to then I can bring a cot (but not the same one I did the first year we got the cabin)I fell out of that thing at least twice a night !   Smiley

« Last Edit: 02/01/22 at 21:27:35 by MMRanch »  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 19:44:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2022

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.