Events for 2022 (Read 1622 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Events for 2022
Reply #270 - 09/17/22 at 20:43:13

I finally got all the pictures on my computer , but now it too late to put a story together !  

Oh well !!   Tomorrow 's another day ... This is up on the Sky way , I'm all packed up on the way home.
« Last Edit: 09/19/22 at 19:37:41 by MMRanch »  

IMG_20220916_142202298_2mp.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #271 - 09/19/22 at 09:47:23

On roads like these the seventy two mm long stroke piston is just as good as any size .    

SwitchBack2mp.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #272 - 09/19/22 at 10:01:26

I'll bring the Guzzi next time on these "Mountain Trips" , those long high speed steep roads need more CC's .  

We (me) saw a new place this trip.  Dave had already seen it , but It's QUITE A SIGHT"  There is a marker and a view , two pictures .

Marker2mp.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #273 - 09/19/22 at 10:02:20

View

View2mp.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #274 - 09/19/22 at 10:12:03

We ( me)  wasn't through for the day so I didn't want to climb the stairs to the top .    Yep , there was more ,  here's a snap shot of the part we didn't do.   From up there the other side of the mountain is visible.  Smiley

I didn't take a picture of the road going up AND down Bell Mountain.   If ya ever get to ride up it you'll see why there ain't no picture of it.   Its a 1.2 lane twisty up (or down) broken blacktop.   We meet a truck coming down as we were exiting one of the switch backs ... it was one of the EXICITING PARTS !!!  

TheRestOfBellMountain.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #275 - 09/19/22 at 10:28:51

We did go up to the observation deck on the other side Deals Gap.   Here's a picture of a quiet morning in the middle of the week.

DealsGapMidWeek2mp.jpg

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #276 - 09/19/22 at 12:36:23

Does Deals Gap own both sides now ?
Seems like years ago when the outer side was first built it was a different company.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #277 - 09/19/22 at 18:47:26

They have different prices and different stuff , so I'm thinking different folks.  

There were so many people buying  Dragon fuel while we were trying to get a few stickers -  that me and Dave walked across the road.

The bathhouse and campground still looks the same .    Dave got the parking space closest to the tent area.    But the long walk up to the bath house hasn't got any shorter , so I rode my bike up to it the first night (spinning all the way)  and had to come down the black top road to get back down.
« Last Edit: 10/17/22 at 06:33:09 by MMRanch »  

CampgroundDragon2022.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #278 - 09/19/22 at 19:02:43

There were a few tents , but not crowded at all .

2mpCamp.jpg

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #279 - 09/29/22 at 03:47:39

We picked a good time to go to ride the Dragon and surrounding roads.

The night temperatures are in the 30's and 40's now - it is currently 36 degrees in Robbinsville as I type this message at 6:42AM from the comfort of my warm home.

Daytime temps are in the 60's and low 70's.....and rain is forecast for the next 3 days with dry weather to follow.

With October just 1 day away and our morning temperatures being in the 40's or 50's it is obvious that winter is coming (we had one 36 degree night last week).  I believe my riding will be limited to local rides on nice afternoons - I generally can get some nice cool weather riding in October and November.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 10:05:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2022

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.