Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
NYT "Day of Rage" 40min. documentary of 1/6/21 (Read 359 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: NYT "Day of Rage" 40min. documentary of 1/6/21
Reply #45 - 08/23/21 at 11:02:57

It doesn’t work that way. Why? Because you are wrong. It was not an insurrection.

Incorrect.  you are wrong.  It was an insurrection.

See.  Anyone can do that.  Anyone can say anything, without reference or evidence and say someone else is wrong by ignoring the evidence they provide.

I placed actual law here as my reference for the term insurrection, and the term "armed".  I cross referenced it with actual case law.  You still don't provide a reason why hockey stick guy should be considered unarmed in court other than on this day, at this location, people need guns to be armed.  You don't think maybe that assessment is wrong?

How many people do you really think will  accept that hockey stick guy was unarmed?

"We had thousands of troops sleeping in parking garages for months around the Capitol for no good reason, but pulled troops out before US citizens were evacuated?"

That's like saying a football team won the Super bowl but a baseball team didn't win the World Series.  Sure it's the military, and it's good vs bad decisions, but totally different teams with totally different missions in totally different locations.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #46 - 08/23/21 at 11:31:56

Hmm,the same FBI you leftists have championed are now saying
Nope
Not organized, not insurrection,
The VIDEO of guards fist bumping the scary government overthrowing crazies might be hard to explain in court,, kinda like them holding doors open, but, live in the delusion,, not my job to repair the minds of those who drank the koolaid.
The same people who chant
Follow the science
Tell me a man can be a woman if he wants to.

Phhhht..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: NYT "Day of Rage" 40min. documentary
Reply #47 - 08/23/21 at 14:46:24

"The VIDEO of guards fist bumping the scary government overthrowing crazies might be hard to explain in court,"

And the VIDEO of the police being dragged down the stairs?

Or the VIDEO of the man spraying Bear Spray?

"kinda like them holding doors open, but, live in the delusion"

Kinda like pretending the VIDEO of the man with the hockey stick wasn't armed or hitting anyone?  Hockey stick man was unarmed and only taking selfies.  Delusion maybe?

Bottom line is there was a mix of activities over a period of time in multiple locations.  This is no different than your claim that one high school student telling you "how it is" is representative of the millions of high school kids out there.

One event does not dictate that all events are equal.  Anyone saying all participants are insurrectionists is wrong.  Anyone saying nobody was an insurrectionist is wrong.

Why can't we just be adults about this and say each human is responsible for their own actions?  Billy is disciplined for breaking one window, Bobby for breaking 5 windows, and Brad for watching isn't disciplined at all.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 08/23/21 at 16:16:24

The FBI have decided
Not insurrection

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 08/23/21 at 17:16:24

"The FBI have decided
Not insurrection"

The FBI stated that it was not centrally coordinated.  Which is something I have said all along.

What I have been saying is that it is wrong to say everyone there was an insurrectionist, and also wrong to say nobody was.  It is wrong to say people planned to overthrow the government and also wrong to say people "only" took selfies.

This is why I said individuals could be charged with sedition, or insurrection, but not the event as a whole.  Some pre-planned, most did not.  Chances of seditious conspiracy being charged are slim to none, which is fine.

But to challenge manipulation by providing manipulation is just plain nonsense.  If that guy is lying why fight it with more lies, just use truth, use facts.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 08/23/21 at 19:03:17

Has anyone been charged with insurrection?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 08/23/21 at 20:19:38

"Has anyone been charged with insurrection?"

No.  It is highly unlikely anyone would.  As I stated before those are hard charges to stick.  At most people will get conspiracy charges when relating to insurrection or sedition law.  

40 cases, that I know of, are charged with conspiracy.  Most others are similar to trespassing, also some with assault, or things like "corruptly obstructing, influencing, or impeding an official proceeding, or attempting to do so."

All those unarmed people (50 +) are wrongly charged with "using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer", because at this one event on this one day it required guns to be "armed" and they were only taking selfies.  

Obviously it makes much more sense to consider everyone there as an individual and instead we should charge all of them as insurrectionists ordered by Trump to destroy the acting US Government and place him back into power.

Both of those make sense right?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 08/24/21 at 05:03:15

Join the cool kids and call it an insurrection. Fine. Go ahead.

If there was an large, armed group who had realistic plans or actually did have arms, and took control with hostages and demands to stop the certification process and demand Trump be left in power, I’d agree with you, it was an insurrection.

But it wasn’t. It was a bunch of wound up, pissed off people tired of being $hit on who watched groups rip cities apart all summer, who got way out of control. That’s it. That’s all it was. It wasn’t an insurrection.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 08/24/21 at 06:04:13

Join the cool kids and call it an insurrection. Fine. Go ahead.

I already clarified, using law, that I do not think it was an insurrection.  I am saying that using "No it wasn't!" to argue "It was!" is a futile exercise.  

If you want to claim on this one day, at this one location people need guns to be considered armed, how are you getting there?  Why are bear spray guy or hockey stick guy considered unarmed?  Why would anyone with all that video evidence say they only took selfies?

Pissed off or not, organized or not, we do not need to be changing definitions to suit the event, then use CNN/FOX and ANTIFA as justification.

This is what this thread looks like:

It was an insurrection.
 No it wasn't.
 It was!
 It was not!
 It was!
 No it wasn't!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 08/24/21 at 06:37:31

Yes, in today’s world, you need firearms to be considered an armed insurrection. Sure, 300 years ago, sharpened flagpoles were  a serious weapon. But a bunch of people trying to take over the capital with homemade blunt weapons, bear spray, slingshots is hardly a serious attack.

If Ashley Babbitt had a sharpen flag pole in her hand, it wouldn’t have done much good. She still would be dead.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #55 - 08/24/21 at 07:33:29

Webster will argue it's not a flood while he's up to his neck in water.

We saw months of ratcheting rhetoric about a stolen election and injustice, and a calling to arms rally on 1/6 led by Trump to "kick a$$, take our country back, stop the steal,and worse...
And then it happened.  No one was really surprised.  We saw it coming.
Now they're trying to call it just another tourist day.

We all saw it.  Gaslighting no longer works when there are a 1,000 visual records.
It was a failed effort by a disorganized group of inept fools, but the intent is clear.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 08/24/21 at 07:55:43

Yes, in today’s world, you need firearms to be considered an armed insurrection

I again challenge anyone to find a legal way to get this done.  Not CNN/FOX as justification, but actual law.  I will pay for it under the terms I indicated before.

This is an example of changing the definition of words to fit your narrative.  Armed is armed.  Not armed is armed except if combined with this other word.  It wasn't an armed insurrection because it wasn't an insurrection at all makes much more sense than saying it wasn't an armed insurrection because there were no guns.  If I commit an armed assault with a hockey stick and later it is proven it was self-defense nobody goes and says I was unarmed.  Why would they?

"Sure, 300 years ago, sharpened flagpoles were  a serious weapon. But a bunch of people trying to take over the capital with homemade blunt weapons, bear spray, slingshots is hardly a serious attack."

I agree that the weapons are not ones capable of high injury/murder rate per minute.  I do however wonder how you can acknowledge "homemade blunt weapons, bear spray, slingshots" and also say they had no weapons at all.

He had bear spray, and also had no bear spray.  That's your argument?

"If Ashley Babbitt had a sharpen flag pole in her hand, it wouldn’t have done much good. She still would be dead."

Yeah anyone who has guns pointed at them and are told not to enter an area can expect to be shot.  By your logic if Ashley Babbitt had a sharpened flagpole in her hand - she had nothing in her hand.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 08/24/21 at 07:56:46

We all saw it.  Gaslighting no longer works when there are a 1,000 visual records.

It does if you cherry-pick the VIDEO you watch and pretend no other VIDEO exists.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #58 - 08/24/21 at 09:07:36

It was or it wasn't can be argued forever with neither giving an inch as new information is unveiled.
But this is the mouse that roared.
A small contingent of right-wing conspiracy nuts are of one opinion, and the FBI, CIA, NSA, DOJ, and the majority of America and the world have a different opinion.

We don't give equal credence because we shouldn't.

This same nut fringe says vaccinations make you magnetic, and are used to track you.
Jews shot laser beams from satellites to start Cali wildfires.
Liberals are baby eating pedophiles.
Trump is really still President.
The election was a fraud.

Seriously?
Why?
Social media has found a way to coalesce the crazy.  
It happens that former President Trump is one of them.
That does not validate their opinions.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 08/24/21 at 10:41:37

Webster will argue it's not a flood while he's up to his neck in water.

No. You’re asking me to call it a flood when I’m standing in a puddle. A puddle is not a flood. You can call it a flood if you want to but it’s not. It’s just a puddle.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 11:30:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › NYT "Day of Rage" 40min. documentary of 1/6/21

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.