Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
NYT "Day of Rage" 40min. documentary of 1/6/21 (Read 359 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: NYT "Day of Rage" 40min. documentary of 1/6/21
Reply #15 - 07/07/21 at 11:00:47

Why exactly should the guy swinging the hockey stick at police be absolved from an assault charge?

I certainly never said absolved. Charge him in exactly the same manner the two guys swinging a 2x4 at the old lady during one of those mostly peaceful protest. I’m fine with that. Dumb$hit shouldn’t have been swinging a hockey stick.

But at its core, Jan 6 was the same as the attacks on The White House after George Floyd and invading the Senate during Kavanaugh hearings. There’s a difference in scale and level “of success “ but that’s all.

Leftist and their media partners condoning, encouraging and participating in violence all summer share blame for Jan 6.

And Trump does too. He acted stupidity and showed to me the bubble that encompasses Presidents got him too. He lost perspective.

It was a protest that got out of hand. If you investigated the dozens of antifa and BLM riots (or the Kavanaugh hearings) under the same microscope used to investigate Jan 6th, you’d no doubt find conspiratorial emails, plans, diagrams etc…and a bias media could make an armed insurrection case. You don’t think there was coordination between groups as the targeted which Senators could be flipped? Sure there was. Now just imagine the right with the same partnership with the news and entertainment culture as the left has now. You be talking about the Supreme Court Justice insurrection……

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 07/07/21 at 12:20:55

It was a protest that got out of hand.

For some.  Other's planned for weeks to do this.  They purchased gear, had meeting, practiced door breaching etc.

If you investigated the dozens of antifa and BLM riots (or the Kavanaugh hearings) under the same microscope used to investigate Jan 6th, you’d no doubt find conspiratorial emails, plans, diagrams etc…and a bias media could make an armed insurrection case.

I agree there was a degree of planning here as well.  Not sure if SCOTUS, to me, is insurrection material.

You don’t think there was coordination between groups as the targeted which Senators could be flipped? Sure there was. Now just imagine the right with the same partnership with the news and entertainment culture as the left has now. You be talking about the Supreme Court Justice insurrection……

Same as before, I don't think insurrection and SCOTUS are necessarily compatible.  It's like saying there was a Wal-Mart insurrection when they killed the owners and Board of Directors and took over Wal-Mart.  My understanding is insurrection is an assault to take over control, or alter control of the Nation.  

Most everyone on Jan 6th does not meet that criteria.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/07/21 at 14:27:24

We’ll just have to disagree and leave it at that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/19/21 at 06:20:18

“Today, Paul Hodgkins will be the first 1/6 defendant sentenced on a felony guilty plea. He engaged no violence. His crime: entered the Capitol wearing a Trump t-shirt, held a Trump flag, took a selfie with Q Shaman. Prosecutors want 18 months in prison:”

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: NYT "Day of Rage" 40min. documentary
Reply #19 - 07/19/21 at 06:53:43

"They also noted how he boarded a bus in his hometown of Tampa bound for a Jan. 6 Trump rally carrying rope, protective goggles and latex gloves in a backpack."

Just got caught up in the peaceful event, no premeditation, didn't expect violence at all. He always carries that stuff.  Even though his own words indicate otherwise.

Oh yeah, using the court case to make my assessment is Academic and doesn't matter.  I should let someone else assess for me, they won't leave out anything.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/19/21 at 07:25:12

Yep, let’s put him in jail for 18 months because he’s a political prisoner. Those who attacked White House and came from long distances carrying items to throw at police? Nothing because it was politically acceptable to the media/Democrats/DOJ so no investigations were launched.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/19/21 at 08:34:27

Yeah Billy brought more rocks.  Let's keep on that train to nowhere as if anyone here is saying ANTIFA gets a free pass.

It's not fair, it is not being equally enforced.  So does that mean everyone gets a free pass now?  Ignore what this guy who went to trial, and by his own words outlined why he took those items?  Ignore that because of garbage private news networks?

I know a guy that got away with shooting his girlfriend.  So now nobody can be prosecuted for shooting their girlfriend.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/19/21 at 11:25:56

Eegore wrote on 07/19/21 at 08:34:27:
 Yeah Billy brought more rocks.  Let's keep on that train to nowhere as if anyone here is saying ANTIFA gets a free pass.

It's not fair, it is not being equally enforced.  So does that mean everyone gets a free pass now?  Ignore what this guy who went to trial, and by his own words outlined why he took those items?  Ignore that because of garbage private news networks?

I know a guy that got away with shooting his girlfriend.  So now nobody can be prosecuted for shooting their girlfriend.

That’s a ridiculous comparison and beneath you.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/19/21 at 13:23:34

It's the same thing.

You are saying ANTIFA got away with committing crimes.

I am saying nobody should get away with crimes.  I get that it's not fair, but I think expecting me to ignore some parts of this guys pre-event planning because ANTIFA got a free pass is ridiculous.  Other criminal activity is the defense here?

My cousin was involved in a hit and run with no injuries and he was never prosecuted, so now nobody should be prosecuted.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 07/30/21 at 04:38:27

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/30/21 at 05:37:37

The actual report.

https://majorcitieschiefs.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/MCCA-Report-on-the-2...

Remember nobody on Jan 6th should be considered armed so the report is fundamentally flawed as it compares humans armed with guns, lasers, and arson material with unarmed humans carrying hockey sticks, batons, and flagpoles.  

Overall I agree with the content.  The only thing I do contest is the perception that the US POTUS election process is equal to a City Hall.

It absolutely should be.  But it, at this time, is not when it comes to funding and allocation of law enforcement.  There will obviously be more enforcement of violations at the US Capitol for an election process than a State protest or even criminal activity at the White House during non-election event timelines.  

I think there are multiple factors for this, including mainstream media, but also international perception and availability of resource.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 08/20/21 at 09:35:36

Can one person with a sharpen pencil in their backpack be called an insurrectionist? Apparently.

The FBI has found scant evidence that the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 08/20/21 at 10:51:16

Can one person with a sharpen pencil in their backpack be called an insurrectionist? Apparently.

On that evidence alone?  Weird that schoolkids everywhere are insurrectionists now.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 08/20/21 at 11:08:19

A car,.. is a deadly weapon in the hands of one with malicious intent.

Imagine a schoolchild with a sharpened pencil in her rucksack going to school,.. then imagine someone with a sharpened pencil in the waistband of their trunks in a public swimming pool.

Now consider,... why would anyone sharpen the tip of a flagpole?
Why?...  
Can you add 2+2 ?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 08/20/21 at 12:39:45

Yep, a few sharpened flagpole makes for an insurrection.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 09:51:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › NYT "Day of Rage" 40min. documentary of 1/6/21

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.