Happy Birthday! (Read 352 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Happy Birthday!
Reply #30 - 06/29/21 at 10:37:30

WebsterMark wrote on 06/29/21 at 10:31:48:
And I see we’re expecting record low temperatures where I am so global cooling is back on the menu!

You should learn the difference between climate and weather.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 06/29/21 at 13:44:04

Bull$hit…….

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 06/29/21 at 13:52:21

WebsterMark wrote on 06/29/21 at 13:44:04:
Bull$hit…….  

No, there really is a difference between climate and weather.

You should read up on it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 06/29/21 at 14:31:42

You just pointed out unusually high temperature in one area of the country occurring at the same time as unusually low temperature in another area of the country is climate and not weather.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #34 - 06/29/21 at 14:54:02

I think weather is considered a daily variation.
Climate is a trend over extended time.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 06/29/21 at 16:37:35

WebsterMark wrote on 06/29/21 at 14:31:42:
You just pointed out unusually high temperature in one area of the country occurring at the same time as unusually low temperature in another area of the country is climate and not weather.

Yeah, because climate affects weather.

Making it extreme.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 06/29/21 at 16:42:52

Serowbot wrote on 06/29/21 at 14:54:02:

Exactly.

Extended time when it comes to the Earth could be hundred million years. We have actual data for a tiny fraction of that.

So there’s high temperatures in the Northwest because the jet stream turned north and some guy on a motorcycle forum says it’s climate change.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 06/29/21 at 16:54:19

WebsterMark wrote on 06/29/21 at 16:42:52:

Exactly.

Extended time when it comes to the Earth could be hundred million years. We have actual data for a tiny fraction of that.

So there’s high temperatures in the Northwest because the jet stream turned north and some guy on a motorcycle forum says it’s climate change.

LOL. No, it's not some guy on a motorcycle forum saying that. The guy is just relaying the facts that scientists have uncovered using core samples of the Earth that go back millions of years.

AND THESE SCIENTISTS ARE A MAJORITY OF ALL CLIMATOLOGISTS,  NOT JUST A FRINGE.

The Earth's average temperature is rising at unprecedented speed since the start of the industrial revolution.

It's not just the temperature that is concerning,  it's the rate of change.

These are facts, supported by hand kept records and core samples from the poles and elsewhere.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 06/29/21 at 19:55:57

My experience has been that 30 years of weather data is the most widely used set to average out climate.

When building 2 placebo models for an assessment on weather modeling and climate prediction for a section of agricultural land in CO I was informed the models would look suspicious if they were less than 30 years.  Mine were 10.

This came from multiple sources.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 06/30/21 at 05:30:44

T And T Garage wrote on 06/29/21 at 16:54:19:
WebsterMark wrote on 06/29/21 at 16:42:52:

Exactly.

LOL. No, it's not some guy on a motorcycle forum saying that. The guy is just relaying the facts that scientists have uncovered using core samples of the Earth that go back millions of years.

AND THESE SCIENTISTS ARE A MAJORITY OF ALL CLIMATOLOGISTS,  NOT JUST A FRINGE.

The Earth's average temperature is rising at unprecedented speed since the start of the industrial revolution.

It's not just the temperature that is concerning,  it's the rate of change.

These are facts, supported by hand kept records and core samples from the poles and elsewhere.

You’re repeating what you’ve heard from approved outlets and refuse to listen to retorts that demonstrate valid scientific data offering evidence that the climate change claims are vastly overrated.

Sure the climate is changing and sure the temp is increasing over time. As I’ve pointed out before with no retort on here, a fraction of a second ago on the earth’s geological clock, you would not have been able to stand where Chicago’s lake front land sits today because there were no Great Lakes 15,000 years ago, they were still frozen glaciers.

People lie or fool themselves all the time. Climate Change is its own industry now. Do you seriously believe data that calls into question the foundation for the life’s work and livelihood for so many is going to get a fair shake? You would never trust oil or tobacco people and the scientists they hire to tell the truth, yet you practically grant Sainthood to a lifelong career climatologist? (as long as they’re not one of the claimant allergist who dispute the excepted narrative. Those guys are evil.)

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 06/30/21 at 08:58:32

WebsterMark wrote on 06/30/21 at 05:30:44:
You’re repeating what you’ve heard from approved outlets and refuse to listen to retorts that demonstrate valid scientific data offering evidence that the climate change claims are vastly overrated.

Sure the climate is changing and sure the temp is increasing over time. As I’ve pointed out before with no retort on here, a fraction of a second ago on the earth’s geological clock, you would not have been able to stand where Chicago’s lake front land sits today because there were no Great Lakes 15,000 years ago, they were still frozen glaciers.

People lie or fool themselves all the time. Climate Change is its own industry now. Do you seriously believe data that calls into question the foundation for the life’s work and livelihood for so many is going to get a fair shake? You would never trust oil or tobacco people and the scientists they hire to tell the truth, yet you practically grant Sainthood to a lifelong career climatologist? (as long as they’re not one of the claimant allergist who dispute the excepted narrative. Those guys are evil.)

To what end, mark?  "Big climate"?  

LOL - you mean to tell me that these climatologists have been playing the long con to finally... what?.... prove themselves right???  Were they just waiting for Elon Musk to reach adulthood so they could make billions?.....

It's funny that you don't see how you're projecting onto me, exactly what's happening to you - who do you think supports "scientific data offering evidence that the climate change claims are vastly overrated"?  If you think it's anyone but big oil, you're sorely mistaken.

The vast majority of the scientific community supports the fact that man-made global warming is the single biggest threat to mankind.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

You deniers are just wrong.  Plainly and simply wrong.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #41 - 06/30/21 at 09:23:59

Web,... in some posts you deny Climate Change,.. in others you admit it but say it's natural.
If I assume you will agree that it's happening, what difference does it make whether it's natural or not?

If we admit that it's happening, shouldn't we try to reduce the effect?
It will displace millions of people, costing trillions of dollars.  It will destroy farms.  It will devastate ports and commerce.  Insurance rates will soar.  Lives will be lost by flood, fire, and storm.
Doesn't it seem socially and economically sound to fight it?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 06/30/21 at 10:37:24

Serowbot wrote on 06/30/21 at 09:23:59:
Web,... in some posts you deny Climate Change,.. in others you admit it but say it's natural.
If I assume you will agree that it's happening, what difference does it make whether it's natural or not?

If we admit that it's happening, shouldn't we try to reduce the effect?
It will displace millions of people, costing trillions of dollars.  It will destroy farms.  It will devastate ports and commerce.  Insurance rates will soar.  Lives will be lost by flood, fire, and storm.
Doesn't it seem socially and economically sound to fight it?

I don’t deny the climate changes. I just pointed out again the Great Lakes were formed by retreating glaciers as the temperature shifted a very short 15,000 years ago so clearly the climate changes.

I believe gases generated by human activity could and do impact the earths climate. VOCs from the wildfires on the West Coast are detected in airborne sampling on the East Coast so certainly gases released into the atmosphere could trap heat. They could also generate many other interactions that we don’t understand yet.

I just question why scientific debate is shut down on this topic unless the premise has been agreed to before hand and that premise is a predetermined temperature increase will occur due to CO2 despite the fact temperature predictions made for the previous 20 or 30 years have not been met.

Climate change is an industry in and of itself. As I said, people make fortunes, peoples careers or made, enormous amounts of money changes hands based upon the premise I stated above. And if you disagree with the premise or offer legitimate scientific evidence to suggest otherwise, you are labeled, as my Chicago friend just did, a denier because that’s easier than considering for a moment that maybe the reason why the temp predictions have been way off is because we don’t understand the dynamics like we thought we did and perhaps we should listen to these other ideas rather than force then into the dark or end their careers.

Climate change has not displaced millions, has not created massive immigration, is not the cause of more powerful hurricanes, tornadoes or not even the cause of a condo collapse in Florida. As I’ve challenged everyone on here before, give me evidence of one thing you’ve seen in your lifetime that’s different now than 25 years ago that you can directly tie to a temperature increase of a fraction of a degree.

Climate change is a convenient reason for all  types of social engineering schemes which mostly come out of the left side of the political spectrum.

So yes I’m suspicious. Like Obama, Kerry, Biden and others, if I had the ability to buy a seafront house, I would because like them, I’m not seriously worried about the sea flooding inland.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 06/30/21 at 10:48:47

"As I’ve challenged everyone on here before, give me evidence of one thing you’ve seen in your lifetime that’s different now than 25 years ago that you can directly tie to a temperature increase of a fraction of a degree."

I did that for a section of agricultural land in Colorado and you told me to go to a party instead of verifying that data.  Over 3.6 million data points were used, two climate models were fabricated to test analytics, 6 total models were cross referenced with 9 additional climate predictive overlays.

The agriculture sections that utilized two specific increased temperature models resulted in increased crop yields over 9 years.  One even utilized the non-increase overlay for corn, beets, watermelon and pumpkin to see if there was measurable differences over time.  That section showed losses in 4 years.

So I can provide a specific section of land that has used both standard modeling and increase overly that shows the increase overlay planting schedules offer more yield.  To me, that indicates either all modeling is off or there is at least one place on the planet that is effected by increased temperatures - and can adjust accordingly to mitigate those losses by using climate models.  Specific to the interior of this perimeter:

-104.505130 (does not include airport temp readings)

So the question is what evidence are you willing to accept?

IP Logged
Rockn

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 06/30/21 at 11:06:29

Yeah Eegore you might have experience doing a study using millions of data points, but I've watched a YouTube video saying climate change is a hoax.

Checkmate.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 20:17:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Happy Birthday!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.