Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
gtnerd - Scrambler Build (Read 1022 times)
gtenginerd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

MO
Re: gtnerd - Scrambler Build
Reply #60 - 08/08/21 at 21:12:32

Refreshing this chain. Been traveling for work, entertaining kids during the summer, and riding instead of working on the bike. No problems with the bike, just started to notice some nuances. would like to put together a plan of next projects for the winter. Current list is:

1. Rear pulley wobble
2. cosmetic cleanup and electrical from airbox delete
3. helmet lock relocation
4. horn replacement
(not too likely this winter from here)
5. rearsets
6. gas tank/speedo replacement
7. once the tires are more worn down, put the 18" rear wheel on and new tires front and back

1. Rear wobble - After reading up on the recent posts, I think this is pretty bad on my bike. Measuring wobble tomorrow.

2. cosmetics: Thinking I may put a number panel over the frame where the airbox was. Anyone have some good examples of this? Here's something bezos has available: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074MJP1Y9/
Thoughts?

3. Helmet lock: Another side effect from my mods, no more helmet lock...haven't found a good place to put it yet. Thinking, I'll just find a spot on the frame where the helmet won't hit the exhaust or dangle close to the ground.

4. Horn: The horn is the last major piece of chrome on the bike. It looks out of place and sounds weak. Seems like a easy/quick fix.

Will keep you posted as progress is made.

Thanks to Gary for suggesting I slow down. It's been a nice relaxing summer, and I spent plenty of time looking over my work and riding, instead of tinkering with no real plan or QC process.

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #61 - 08/08/21 at 21:22:57

Great to hear an update, keep plugging away, but having a good plan is really important. More pics will be welcome as your progress continues!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #62 - 08/09/21 at 03:52:48

gtenginerd wrote on 08/08/21 at 21:12:32:
3. Helmet lock: Another side effect from my mods, no more helmet lock...haven't found a good place to put it yet. Thinking, I'll just find a spot on the frame where the helmet won't hit the exhaust or dangle close to the ground.

I mounted my helmet lock on the license plate mount.  I just used a longer screw in one hole and attached the helmet lock.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #63 - 08/10/21 at 11:56:58

I mounted my helmet lock where stock horn was located. Aftermarket horn is large and had to relocate it. It’s  not the best place , but it rarely gets used.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #64 - 08/20/21 at 15:40:49

Wait.  Our bikes have a helmet lock?

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
gtenginerd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

MO
Reply #65 - 08/22/21 at 12:50:22

Mounted the helmet lock to the old air box mount.

20210822_144855-COLLAGE.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 07:27:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gtnerd - Scrambler Build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.