ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Honda Rebel 1100
Reply #45 - 12/12/20 at 11:13:18

Lancer,

I do not know Trampas personally, but I remember and will never forget his accomplishments!

He was a AMA Pro at the height of Americas world domination of the sport.   The US circuit had the world's very best riders and still does.  Before that the euros dominated and the world's best riders usually raced in Europe.  

I think Trampas was competitive on the US circuit but maybe not fast enough to compete for a Championship.   He got an offer to ride on the World GP circuit and won a couple of world championships!  Something only a few Americans had accomplished and I think he was the first and maybe the only American to successfully defend his championship.  Something to be proud of.   Americans were dominating the sport worldwide.  We all loved it!!

To this day, most best riders are racing in in the US but it has never been easy to win a world championship and fast riders are coming from all over the world.

If you see Trampas you are looking at a World Champion!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #46 - 12/12/20 at 12:54:36

Yes Lancer , we did take the loop ride around the lake.    

I thought it was odd that the dam wasn't any higher than it is , especially considering how much water it holds back !     The land is REALLY FLAT in the area !!

That might be fun to come help ya'll and camp-out at the track !   Smiley   If ya'll get different CMAUSA clubs to help ?

There is a feller here who does something like that with "Flat-Tracking"  , one of the races is the "Houngan" race , where you race what ya rode.   But its for 750cc and above , so guys like me on a Savage can't show-up the Harley bunch.  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #47 - 12/12/20 at 17:33:19

Those hooligan races look like so much fun!!  

« Last Edit: 12/13/20 at 18:01:28 by ohiomoto »  
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #48 - 12/13/20 at 14:39:12

ohiomoto wrote on 12/12/20 at 17:33:19:
Thos hooligan races look like so much fun!!  

If I were much younger I would want to try to see if I can get around the track in something resembling a broad slide, if not then not.  
Practicing by myself with a good instructor would be immensely beneficial though....better wait to see if I passed..

But the IDEA of it ?
Oh yes, I would love to, it’s my favorite type of racing to watch.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 16:41:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Honda Rebel 1100

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.