Honda Rebel 1100 (Read 479 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Honda Rebel 1100
12/02/20 at 08:50:47

Seems we are always lusting after a light weight powerful cruiser. Check out the 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 with claimed weight of 487 lbs and claimed 87 HP. Curious to see what ya'll think.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Honda Rebel 1100
Reply #1 - 12/02/20 at 15:59:37

Bigger and more expensive, but just as ugly as the 500.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 12/02/20 at 17:37:52

The price tag makes it uglier , LOL

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 12/02/20 at 18:58:38

Springman  , if you show up on one of them in the Spring ... Then I want to ride it once !   Smiley

I've been dueling over a RE Twin , sorta ?     Then today I saw what's under the valve cover.   The cam chain is in the middle of the cylinders ... so ... about 50,000 into the ride ... when its time for a new cam-chain , where does that leave the owner ?    
Maybe I don't want a RE Twin after all ?    Undecided

Maybe , keeping the W650 might be the best "Twin" to have ?    But I'm disappointed in the power level of it .    The Savage is really close to the same power/weight stuff ... Practical HP.

The Guzzi is more get-up-and-go than either of them , but its got that stiff clutch thing .... it sure if tuff to find the perfect bike !  

This one is a nice looking bike ?   I think the MPG might be on the low side ?   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 12/02/20 at 20:06:54 by MMRanch »  

Honda_Shadow_1100_2001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 12/02/20 at 20:20:57

Maybe , keeping the W650 might be the best "Twin" to have ?    But I'm disappointed in the power level of it .    The Savage is really close to the same power/weight stuff ... Practical HP.

Okay, not anything I was expecting..

I was considering trying to stuff my W engine in Savage frame.

Talk to me about the W versus Savage cruising power..okay?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 12/02/20 at 20:38:51

That's a good looking bike MM! Wink Highway mpg on it is around 50+, but get into rush hour traffic and you are going to drop down to around 40 mpg. But it sure is comfortable and has all the power I need. Good choice! Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #6 - 12/02/20 at 20:41:04

Hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But yes, price is too much for me. But in about 5 years, who know what a good low mileage used one will go for. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 12/02/20 at 20:44:03

MM, that Guzzi sure seems like a nice bike. Have you called the dealer to ask why the darned clutch lever has such a hard pull? The good thing is if you keep riding that bike you are going to have a left forearm like Popeye's.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #8 - 12/02/20 at 20:52:20

Hey MM. Take a look at this link. This might be what you need for the Guzzi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CWVUAJtspM

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 12/02/20 at 21:34:18

guys

The clutch wasn't hard when I first got the bike.

During the first 5k miles or so , the adjustment kept needing adjusting out till it ran out of adjustment , then the cable broke .  With the new cable I planed ahead on fitting the cable. The constant adjusting ended about 10k miles ago , but the clutch pull got harder the whole time.  .
But
Something isn't right with the rod.    I need to put an new tire on it this winter .   So , while I've got the tire off , I'll pull the swingarm , pull the transmission , and the bell-housing .  
There is a push rod running through the transmission , then through the middle of the clutch to the pressure plate.
A Guzzi guy told me the clutch-rod is hollow with a ball stuck on the end of it , and the ball might have expanded the push-rod and be stuck into it.   If that's the case I'll be designing a better system.   I've got a 1930's model farm machine lath and know what it can do.

Its just like a 1980 ford ranger strait shift , mostly .
If I haven't found the problem by then ... then I'll go to playing with the clutch spring .
Wink

Looks simple enough doesn't it ?
« Last Edit: 12/02/20 at 22:43:07 by MMRanch »  

moto-guzzi-motorcycle-2015-v7-ii-racer-abs-750-engine-clutch-ii.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 12/02/20 at 21:48:40

I don't want to high-jack the thread , so the short version of the W650 power is :
The Carburetors might not be right ?   I'm thinking if one more trip to the air-compressor don't fix it then I'm going  to replace them with some simple ones off ebay.

34mm_carb_001.jpg

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 12/03/20 at 03:33:18

MM:

If you can find out what diameter the Guzzi push rod is before you take it apart.....maybe you should order some "drill rod" that you could use to make a replacement to the hollow push rod.  I didn't see the ball you described in the diagram - but those are normally installed to allow the clutch rod or ball to spin without transferring the spin to the other end of the rod.

I have a nice heated garage up here and good lighting - if you want to load the bike in your truck and bring it up here we can "Gut the Guzzi" and get that clutch fixed.....the clutch is not working right and needs to be fixed if you want me to ever ride it again! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 12/03/20 at 08:55:02

300, 500, now 1100...
I think I'll hold out for the 2400...
...bigger is always better, right?... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #13 - 12/03/20 at 09:13:59

I like that Sero! Grin

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #14 - 12/03/20 at 09:15:52

Good luck on that MM. I know you are very capable but I would probably take Dave up on the offer. A heated garage and two great minds working together....! Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 04:51:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Honda Rebel 1100

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.