ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Honda Rebel 1100
Reply #30 - 12/09/20 at 03:33:20

https://www.v1moto.com/blog/patents-reveal-honda-rebel-1100--28400

Did you know ...... Honda has already patented a supercharged version of this same engine?

It comes natural as a full computer controlled automatic (dual auto clutch) transmission?   Completely lacks a foot shifter, completely lacks a clutch lever to aggravate MM with?  Just twist the throttle and go go go .....

EACH VALVE is controlled separately by their own camshaft lobe?    This helps explain the high hp OR high torque that was selected for each cylinder?   Each piston can also have a separate compression ratio?

It has the same seat height and ergo reaches as the Savage?  Weight is 25 pounds more though. (engine is wider, too)

Understand that anti-wheelie & anti-tire spin  tech is built into it at three different levels/settings (has rain mode, normal mode and sports mode).   Engine torque and HP is still relatively high for the bike's weight and wheel base although the bike is detuned specifically for safety reasons because of this.  If you don't like to spin a rear tire or lift the front end periodically, go get something else weaker to ride.

AND you can buy several 155 to 165 to 185 width 16" rim Darksider tubeless car tires that will fit inside the rear fender envelope.

Shocked         No, I am way too old and far too crip to be buying me a $10,000 motorcycle.

« Last Edit: 12/12/20 at 07:27:29 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #31 - 12/09/20 at 07:52:21

No, I am way too old and far too crip to be buying a $10,000 motorcycle.

Its only Money !   Smiley     Its make to be spent !!   Smiley Smiley

Passing "Rolling Road Blocks" on the back wheel ...  Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #32 - 12/09/20 at 10:54:46

Dead inside 15 minutes, more likely ......  that bike has a 140 mph top end to it.

« Last Edit: 12/09/20 at 15:22:24 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #33 - 12/09/20 at 13:37:51

Another long a$$ cam chain... no thanks.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #34 - 12/09/20 at 15:16:25

verslagen1 wrote on 12/09/20 at 13:37:51:
Another long a$$ cam chain... no thanks.

Yes, but it is a substantial looking cam chain that is NOT in the middle of the crankshaft, so replacement by popping the top cover and the side cover wouldn't be such a bugger bear to do.

Bad news is it has a cat converter so no ZDDP rich oils need apply.  Good news is ball bearing roller cam followers are used and the cam chain adjustment arc permits some fair amount of miles before you have to figure out how to cheat on it.

But NO, I am too too frail to even think about it .......   bad bad bad evil motorcycle.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9BN1HJ_jc   Don't watch this ...... killer eye candy warnings apply.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #35 - 12/10/20 at 06:25:18

Ok, so I am a complete idiot for telling you this ---- I went for a test ride this morning at my local mega shop who had free "ride me" days set up for Christmas.

I had to wait for a ride to become available, but they had four so I didn't have to wait long for one to come back in.

Got settled in on the recessed seat and it feels exactly like a Savage as far as set height and curved form goes.   Start button pushed, and hit the twist grip.   There is no clutch so it just rolls on out instantly.   They have a course laid out with some fairly long rows, so you do not get to leave the mega store's facilities proper and the total ride time is fairly short anyway.

Handling is pretty much typical, you can make a short radius turn if you need to, but you have to back way off the throttle a whole lot if you do that.  Overbalancing in a sharp turn is possible, so don't try to go fast as you are responsible for any damage that takes place.

Acceleration is SHARP and ABRUPT, you have twice the torque available than what you are used to.   Braking is typical as you don't have a lot of speed to kill on that little windy path they make you take.   Rolling off the throttle supplies a considerable amount of braking force, which was unexpected (and potentially dangerous) at times.

The thing has a form of cruise control, but I would have to have a lot of open space before I'd dare try hitting on that push button.

All in all, it was fairly frustrating to me, as I felt it could do so much more if given some open road to do it in.

Coming back in was also aggravating as they wanted me to back it back into the go position for the next user.

Plus the little beeping sound it makes when backing it up reminds me of a kiddie ride at the fair.

Would I pay $10,000 for one?   Heck no, they are a lot cheaper later on when the OEM battery gives out and it won't run any more.

Grin

https://static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/4YFD9_AS01?$lgthumb$&hei=1...;
wid=150&$adapimg$=     betcha feel silly, don't you?  I know I do .....

« Last Edit: 12/18/20 at 11:26:44 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #36 - 12/10/20 at 15:15:55

Price is steep, that's why I said let's see what becomes available in 5 years or so! Cool

Oh, by the way, really good review there Oldfeller.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #37 - 12/10/20 at 15:28:33

I think turbocharging would be more fuel efficient than supercharging as you get your exhaust gas driven compression practically for free but you have to pay up front for crank hp to run the supercharger all the time.

Both would be ugly as sin, however --- might be better to put the standard Africa Twin motor into it instead and go from 80 to 100 hp in the least ugly way possible.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 12/10/20 at 20:11:30

Wow OldFeller !  Cool

I'm glad to catch wind of you getting on two wheels again !   Smiley

The Older I get the Lighter/Smaller bike I'm going to.   In a few years we could meet to go Ridding again !  

Seriously !  Wink   I don't think I could get comfortable on a turbocharged 1100cc.   .

Honda_Trail_125_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #39 - 12/11/20 at 00:19:06

Once again, I feel stupid doing this, but you need to look at the pics of what I was test riding to get the full picture.   Read the post again, I never said two wheels.   Them durn assumptions get you every time ......

I also apologize for practicing my Intel Press Release skills on trusting people, I am ashamed about that (again).

https://static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/4YFD9_AS01?$lgthumb$&hei=1...;
wid=150&$adapimg$=     betcha feel silly, don't you?

This is what I ride now, I am a crip who needs these things now.

Still an evil crip though, one that would pass you in a tunnel and give you a backfire to munch on while doing it.   (if I was still riding motorcycles in the mountains that is)

Still, I drive my wife around in the car though and she gives me proper driving laws and proper road manners and good driving advice and an occasional slap on the head as needed.

hee hee

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #40 - 12/11/20 at 07:03:49

The MP3-500 from the guzzi company.

It tilts/leans with ya like a two wheeler.    Maybe I should buy Marcia one so I can ride it sometimes ?  

https://www.piaggio.com/us_EN/news-list/Piaggio-MP3-Sport-500-3-Wheel-Scooter...

MP3_500.jpg

Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #41 - 12/11/20 at 14:30:54

MMRanch wrote on 12/10/20 at 20:11:30:
Wow OldFeller !  Cool

I'm glad to catch wind of you getting on two wheels again !   Smiley

The Older I get the Lighter/Smaller bike I'm going to.   In a few years we could meet to go Ridding again !  

Seriously !  Wink   I don't think I could get comfortable on a turbocharged 1100cc.   .

I like that Trail 125 also , I just wish it would have three things.
1 the high - low  transmission like the trail 90.
2 The detachable gas tank like the trail 90.
3 A clutch, unlike the trail 90.

« Last Edit: 12/12/20 at 03:48:07 by Matchless G11 »  
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #42 - 12/11/20 at 18:19:49

MMRanch,

Funny how I used to hate these things when I was younger but they make so much more sense the further past 50 I get!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #43 - 12/11/20 at 18:24:10

But the moto in me still wants this:

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #44 - 12/12/20 at 09:22:56

ohiomoto wrote on 12/11/20 at 18:24:10:

Do you remember or know of Trampas Parker ?
He lives locally and is a AHRMA race promoter and we have a sanctioned race here every fall.  He’s had this one here for 4-5 years and it was HUGE this year.
They ran races literally nonstop from 9am-dark Fri. night, Sat. & Sun. morning.  Our CMA chapter volunteers as flangers for the races but I wasn’t able to attend this one.  The past 2 years they have been big but this year [b]Doubled[b] in size.  

Years ago I heard about an American rider winning motocross in Europe but I had no clue who he was.  He is a very good man now, and readily admits problems in the past.  He is a changed man from his own description.

Late September is the general timeframe for the races.  Plenty of camping space on the sight too, it’s in Nichols Park, which encircles a small lake.  
It’s just a mile or 2 south of Henryetta on the Lake Rd., if some of y’all remember that.  We may have taken the loop around it, just can’t remember.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 08:14:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Honda Rebel 1100

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.