Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
If I was gonna buy a Triumph ... (Read 209 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: If I was gonna buy a Triumph ...
Reply #15 - 01/29/20 at 17:22:50

I think the huge tanks are worse than the engines.  May as well strap a 5 gallon gas can up there.  

But to each his own.  I'm just salty because I loved my old TR6 and I'm mad I get just buy a modern version of it.  Just not many modern bikes that float my boat I guess.

IP Logged
Juliana

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/29/20 at 17:39:42

I know what you mean. I really dislike the angry insect transformer styling that is so popular, and its a deal breaker for me on a couple of bikes I like. I wanted ( and still do ) a KTM 390. It pushes a lot of my buttons but I couldnt live with the ugly headlight. Ditto the styling on the Yamaha MT range, great bikes, but Id couldnt look at one in my garage every day. But then again they are hugely popular here.

Ive got a feeling the Yamaha riders look at me on the S40 and can only think " why would she ride that relic? "

All goes to show we  have a feeling about how a bike should look and can just sit and look at our bikes enjoying the lines/proportions/memories/trips that we all love so much.

Another thing abut the Triumphs ..i couldnt bear looking at the carbs and knowing they are fake. Its funny how the things that some people presumably admire, rub others the wrong way haha

« Last Edit: 01/29/20 at 19:16:16 by Juliana »  
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #17 - 01/29/20 at 18:00:21

Relic, Yamaha makes/made a thing called Bolt. I look at them on Trade Me now and again.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #18 - 01/29/20 at 19:28:41

I sat on the new Bolt in the showroom the other day. That's what drew me into the new bike section where I saw the Bonnie 'Ace'.

I reckon the Bolt was the best looking metric cruiser on the floor. White satin finish with red trim on the seat and wheels. The seat was bobber-inspired (uncomfortable, but I'd ride it). Also, the bike was narrow. I could just about get my knees against the tank. Beautiful bike!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #19 - 01/29/20 at 19:38:32

If you guys like the Bolt, that's cool but this was so wrong:

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #20 - 01/29/20 at 19:45:28

Dave wrote on 01/28/20 at 14:12:30:
I like the bike - but not the "plank" looking seat.

I think the seat should be made with a bit more style.
------------  

Well if the tank didn't stick up like someone shoved and Airbus A380 in there maybe that seat wouldn't look like a skateboard.
Wink

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #21 - 01/29/20 at 19:46:38

I like the T100 the best because it's closest to the classics, but that tank...
 Sad

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #22 - 01/29/20 at 20:30:02

While we're talking, I'm just gonna throw this into the mix too. I think Triumph have done a great job on the bobber too. I reckon the faux-hard-tail works (I've already mentioned the radiator). The seat? ... well it could have been made of walnut - it was that hard. But, a great looking street-legal bike.

IMG_20200130_152618.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #23 - 01/30/20 at 00:52:56

Island Road, can you still buy Bolts off the floor over there, seems they are only on special order here and since I have an S40, won't be paying special order prices.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #24 - 01/30/20 at 14:44:37

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #25 - 01/30/20 at 21:47:26

Fair few of the W650, and W800 sold in NZ, but I think no more.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #26 - 02/01/20 at 23:26:42

Second hand Bolts seem to run from $7 to 12 thousand  $NZ, but I have an S40, so the Bolt can stay in fantasy  land.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 02/02/20 at 06:12:05

ohiomoto wrote on 01/29/20 at 19:38:32:
If you guys like the Bolt, that's cool but this was so wrong:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0783/8397/products/SCR_C_Dk2_2048x2048.jpg?...

I have one of these in grey. 2017 only and actually its an awesome bike, but as an SCR it lasted 3 days before I un "bolt" ed it back to a bolt.
Yamaha took a bike they could not keep in stock at 8K bolted $1000 worth of crap onto it and turned it into a bike they could not give away at 4K.
Too hard, too heavy, too high, too slippery and too grabby. And it really can only cover 3 of those 5 LOL. Man was that skateboard of a seat painful as druck. There was a dealer in MO called St Charles who in mid 2019 had 3-4 of these 2017 new SCR's clearanced to $2999. Yea a new 1000 cc bike for 3K. That's how bad it was, mine became a bolt 3 days after I bought it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #28 - 02/02/20 at 06:48:31

Right, they should have dressed up a SR400 if they wanted a scrambler.  It would have been more appropriate.  The odd part is the Bolt is one of many V-twin Harley wannabe bikes and that's the bike they started with??!!  Harley has never been know for their scramblers.  SHM

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 02/02/20 at 07:55:40

The bolt was given to 15+ bike builders and they built some versions of them, and the award went to Hagemann, and Yamaha took the "best" of their ideas and turned it to a total piece of garbage - I have one, and the implementation was all the problem.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 02:12:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › If I was gonna buy a Triumph ...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.