Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Send Topic Print
Go back where you came from. (Read 602 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Go back where you came from.
Reply #105 - 07/17/19 at 09:58:47

Federal Law Says 'Go Back To Where You Came From' Counts As Discrimination

Quote:
EEOC cites “go back to where you came from” as a classic form of discrimination that violates civil rights. The President’s bigoted words are so contrary to who we are as a country that we literally have laws against them.

“Go back to where you came from”, is racist.  
Anyone other than the President could be fired for saying this to an employee or coworker.
Presidents are above the law,... that's why we have impeachment.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #106 - 07/17/19 at 10:12:52

"EEOC cites “go back to where you came from” as a classic form of discrimination that violates civil rights. The President’s bigoted words are so contrary to who we are as a country that we literally have laws against them.

We literally have thousands upon thousands of laws which are just as stupid as this one. Grin

I  wonder if this one has ever been tested in court. I think it violates the First Amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The first amendment applies to the POTUS. He's a US citizen too.

Of course I'm aware that our lawmakers in DC mostly don't really give a flying Fook about the Constitution anymore. It's just an annoyance to be circumvented or ignored

Unless someone tells a member of the Trash Talkin' Squad to STFU.
Then they are all about "Muh First Amendment Rights !!!" Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #107 - 07/17/19 at 10:50:42

Besides, congress usually makes themselves immune to all laws.

WWW   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #108 - 07/17/19 at 14:40:23

I have yet to here any rationale why this is racist?  I have only heard it is, if you support Trump you are a racist, if you support trump you support a racist.

Feel free to elaborate.....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #109 - 07/17/19 at 15:12:09

pg wrote on 07/17/19 at 14:40:23:

I have yet to here any rationale why this is racist?  I have only heard it is, if you support Trump you are a racist, if you support trump you support a racist.

Feel free to elaborate.....

Best regards,

Seriously, you really don't know why?  Amazing....

Well pro golfer, the idiot in chief based his comments solely on the fact that the women he referred to were not white.

Have you seen how much Bernie Sanders has got on him?  Has he ever once told Bernie to "go back to where you came from"?  No.  

When you make a statement like that - completely based on a person's skin - it's racist.  Especially given the fact that all but one of those women are natural born US citizens.

Clear?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #110 - 07/17/19 at 15:19:44

Based on that reasoning enormous portions of our population are absolved from all criticism.

That logic has no merit because if the intended recipient of the criticism were white it would make no difference what-so-ever.  Also, Trump has called your homeboy plenty of names.

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #111 - 07/17/19 at 15:28:31

pg wrote on 07/17/19 at 15:19:44:
Based on that reasoning enormous portions of our population are absolved from all criticism.

No, they're not.  trump didn't criticize, he racially profiled them.  You think Obama is immune to criticism?  Hell no.  I've criticized the likes of al sharpton many times.  But I've never once said he should "go back where he came from".

You can criticize someone and not bring their race into it.  Duh.

That logic has no merit because if the intended recipient of the criticism were white it would make no difference what-so-ever.  Also, Trump has called your homeboy plenty of names.

But never once told him to "go back where he came from".

The comment, at its root, is based on skin color.  You wanna try to deny that, go ahead.  But a majority of the people know what he meant.

Best regards,

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #112 - 07/17/19 at 15:48:54

Quote:
the idiot in chief based his comments solely on the fact that the women he referred to were not white.

Really? Below is the statement in Question. Show me exactly where in that paragraph Trump said anything about skin color.

"So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run, Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came, then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

The way I read that, he is calling out some "Progressive Democrat women, whom he doesn't even identify by name, by the way, for being unamerican.

Oh wait. It doesn't matter what he actually said. What matters is how one "feels" about what one "feels" he must have meant  by what one "feels" he said , even though he actually didn't say that.

That about right?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #113 - 07/17/19 at 15:59:36

oldNslow wrote on 07/17/19 at 15:48:54:
Quote:
the idiot in chief based his comments solely on the fact that the women he referred to were not white.

Really? Below is the statement in Question. Show me exactly where in that paragraph Trump said anything about skin color.

LOL - wow... .seriously???

That's not how racism works, old.

The ONLY reason he used that expression was the the people he was addressing were non-white.

Further, as I've said, three of the four were born in the US.  So his "country where they came from" was not only racist, but stupid.

For Christ's sake, if you honestly can't see how that tweet was racist, then you yourself might have a problem.  I don't know what else to tell you....

"So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run, Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came, then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

The way I read that, he is calling out some "Progressive Democrat women, whom he doesn't even identify by name, by the way, for being unamerican.

Oh wait. It doesn't matter what he actually said. What matters is how one "feels" about what one "feels" he must have meant  by what one "feels" he said , even though he actually didn't say that.

That about right?

No, in fact it's completely wrong.

But you wanna play this game - fine.

trump ran his whole campaign on how "terrible" the US had become.  Remember, "Make America Great Again"?  Does that ring a bell?

Well then, why the hell didn't he just go back where he came from then, huh?
(borrowed this analogy from the daily show)

See how that works old?

Is any of this sinking in?????

SMH

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #114 - 07/17/19 at 16:00:34

T And T Garage wrote on 07/17/19 at 15:28:31:

No, they're not.  trump didn't criticize, he racially profiled them.  You think Obama is immune to criticism?  Hell no.  I've criticized the likes of al sharpton many times.  But I've never once said he should "go back where he came from".

The comment, at its root, is based on skin color.  You wanna try to deny that, go ahead.  But a majority of the people know what he meant.

Best regards,

You have used the race card to defend Barry on this forum.  Also, Trump called Bernie crazy, a maniac, and the nutty professor.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #115 - 07/17/19 at 16:05:20

pg wrote on 07/17/19 at 16:00:34:
T And T Garage wrote on 07/17/19 at 15:28:31:

Best regards,

You have used the race card to defend Barry on this forum.  

Not once have I used the race card to defend Obama.  I've pointed out how donny was a racist for the birther movement.

But I defy you to find an example of me defending Obama with the race card.

Also, Trump called Bernie crazy, a maniac, and the nutty professor.  

Yes, he has.  But that's not based on his race, is it?

Why is that so hard to understand?  Racism is about RACE, not criticism.

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #116 - 07/17/19 at 16:11:59

T And T Garage wrote on 07/17/19 at 16:05:20:
Not once have I used the race card to defend Obama.  

Will do!

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #117 - 07/17/19 at 16:18:20

pg wrote on 07/17/19 at 16:11:59:

Will do!

Best regards,

Well that didn't take long.

Started by Serowbot | Post by T And T Garage
pg wrote on 06/04/19 at 11:53:29:
T And T Garage wrote on 06/04/19 at 08:42:17:
pg wrote on 06/03/19 at 19:18:00:
T And T Garage wrote on 06/03/19 at 18:56:24:

you know the only reason he was questioned was the color of his skin and his name.

Sounds like an opinion to me, can you substantiate that statement?

Best regards,

No, it's not an opinion - there's no need to substantiate.

You must be having an off day when you start using the argument "because I said so."  

Best regards,

Not at all.  There simply isn't a need to substantiate.

In the history of presidential candidates or seated presidents, can you name me one single instance where there was a such a movement to obtain that person's birth certificate?

The answer is no.  And why?  Because it was racially motivated - due to the color of his skin and his name.

You can deny that all you want, but then you can also deny that water isn't wet.

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #118 - 07/17/19 at 16:26:39

pg wrote on 07/17/19 at 16:18:20:
pg wrote on 07/17/19 at 16:11:59:

Will do!

Best regards,

Well that didn't take long.

Started by Serowbot | Post by T And T Garage
pg wrote on 06/04/19 at 11:53:29:
T And T Garage wrote on 06/04/19 at 08:42:17:
pg wrote on 06/03/19 at 19:18:00:
T And T Garage wrote on 06/03/19 at 18:56:24:

you know the only reason he was questioned was the color of his skin and his name.

Sounds like an opinion to me, can you substantiate that statement?

Best regards,

No, it's not an opinion - there's no need to substantiate.

You must be having an off day when you start using the argument "because I said so."  

Best regards,

Not at all.  There simply isn't a need to substantiate.

In the history of presidential candidates or seated presidents, can you name me one single instance where there was a such a movement to obtain that person's birth certificate?

The answer is no.  And why?  Because it was racially motivated - due to the color of his skin and his name.

You can deny that all you want, but then you can also deny that water isn't wet.

Best regards,

LMAO - so, pointing out racism is "playing the race card"?

Thats awesome!!!

Are you serious???

pro golfer, let me explain what "playing the race card" is.

If you accused Obama had committed a crime - oh, let's say obstruction.

If I then said - "oh, you're doing that because he's black" - THAT'S playing the race card.

Pointing out that the entire "birther movement" was entirely base on his race is not.

So, now go back and find a time that I accused you or anyone of racism without justification.  Go find a time when I took something that had nothing to do with race and I applied that excuse.

While you're at it - try to explain how the birther movement was NOT based on Obama's race.  Why has he been the only president ever challenged in that way?

You know, I was going to say "nice try" - but it wasn't.  

In your words - piss poor.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #119 - 07/17/19 at 16:44:33

T And T Garage wrote on 07/17/19 at 16:26:39:
While you're at it - try to explain how the birther movement was NOT based on Obama's race.  Why has he been the only president ever challenged in that way?

You said he should not be under any scrutiny because the attention he received was racially motivated.  This clearly demonstrates prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone because they are of a different race.  Yes, you played the race card!

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 02:36:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Go back where you came from.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.