Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Last weekend runninv great, now hard start poor ru (Read 105 times)
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Re: Last weekend runninv great, now hard start poo
Reply #15 - 05/25/19 at 13:48:45

Really, i installed one last fall after working the carb with a Lancer JetSet. 3/8" in line. I'm rather EMBARRASSED to tell you all this...last fall during reassembly of my carb, it seems I got in to much of a rush to ride end of season here in western N.Y. and NEGLECTED to instal the slide return spring!! Strangely enough it ran GREAT as long as it did! After carb removal, disassembly, and verification all passages and jets are clear, (and the slide spring is in place!) I'm ready to reinstall carb!!
Just to put it out there, I have a basically stock engine cept for a Jardine slip on, 155 main 67.5 air pilot, and 55 pilot jet, 2 washers in place of the nylon spacer.
I once again thank you ALL for all your input and chat!
Michael

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Re: Last weekend runninv great, now hard start poo
Reply #16 - 05/26/19 at 07:24:28

Carb on yesterday late afternoon, just as I fired it up and got it out of the shed, it started DUMPING rain!!
So needless to say I was a little bit anxious to wake up and ride today. This morning it fired right up, wired, NO CHOKE, but it stayed in the low 60's overnight. Took it out "around the block" about 34 miles, rural roads, in town, open roads for WOT. great pull up to 83mph, still gaining, but road was getting short, not conditions for this speed.
So all in all it must've been sheer happenstance that it all came to a head at once like this here at home, and not on the road while on a roadtrip!!
My evaluation... or hypothesis is.
I never used to turn the Raptor petcock off when bike sat, something kept the needle from seating, allowing the float bowl to overfill, introducing raw gas into my air cleaner box, thus contaminating crankcase oil enough to always give a "rich" fuel mixture.
I'm glad it all went dow like it did tho!
Long story short... madmike is back in the wind!👍
Oh yeah, NO online filter😜
Michael

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 23:21:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Last weekend runninv great, now hard start poor ru

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.