Cafe Build (Read 2337 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Cafe Build
Reply #195 - 08/25/21 at 18:12:25

Whatever happened with this build and ZSteele?  

I always felt like he was getting in too deep with all of the mods he was doing but I liked his gusto.  (Too many mods at once is a recipe for trouble if you aren't experienced with said mods.)

I know his WiFi got blocked but he was active for several months after.

IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #196 - 05/24/22 at 16:00:36

Life happened! Moved away from the city, changed jobs, had a baby. All sorts of hijinks!

Currently the bike is torn down and I'm going to start from scratch with the seatpan, seat, electronics tray, etc. All of my electronics and wiring we're stable contrary to popular opinion so I won't be changing anything there, but I'll likely have to rewire it for cable management purposes. The battery and regrec will get a new box below the carb. This will allow me to take things leaner and cleaner with the brains under the seat.

I'm looking at grabbing a new tank as well, something with better lines that I can use when I remake the hump. Likely I'll ditch the fuel gauge and maybe repurpose it with my wife's savage.

I still dig an alternate route for the pipe but I think pie cut welding one myself is out of the question. Looking into sand bending but I'll likely tackle that last.

I still want a 3/4 fairing, but I'd rather have a running bike 🥲

Updates to come in time

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #197 - 05/24/22 at 21:17:03

That all sounds great!  Keep us updated as you can (with pics!).  Congrats on the new family.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 03:18:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cafe Build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!