Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Tariffs: The Data is In (Read 383 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Tariffs: The Data is In
Reply #45 - 03/07/19 at 10:05:12

T And T Garage wrote on 03/07/19 at 09:50:30:
Well, fortunately vers, anyone with half a brain can figure out how to go back and look at the history of this forum and my comments (not to mention all the comments from mn, jog, you, mark, pg, etc.)

We all know you won't be doing that.

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 03/07/19 at 10:10:56

The great American jobs machine is still roaring. Slowing global growth and trade friction may cloud the economic horizon, but U.S. small businesses in February went on an historic hiring binge. That’s according to the latest employment report from the National Federation of Independent Business, due out later today.

NFIB has been conducting this monthly survey for decades. The organization’s chief economist William Dunkelberg reports that they’ve never seen results like these:

Job creation broke the 45-year record in February with a net addition of 0.52 workers per firm (including those making no change in employment), up from 0.25 in December and 0.33 in January. The previous record was 0.51 reached in May 1998.

NFIB also found a historic low in the percentage of business owners reducing employment—just 3% of survey respondents. “Owners are trying to hold on to the employees they have,” says Mr. Dunkelberg.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 03/07/19 at 10:15:36

verslagen1 wrote on 03/07/19 at 10:05:12:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/07/19 at 09:50:30:
Well, fortunately vers, anyone with half a brain can figure out how to go back and look at the history of this forum and my comments (not to mention all the comments from mn, jog, you, mark, pg, etc.)

We all know you won't be doing that.

Well, actually I already did. I posted several examples of it in another thread a while back.  You should pay more attention to the forum you admin.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 03/07/19 at 10:18:24

WebsterMark wrote on 03/07/19 at 10:10:56:
The great American jobs machine is still roaring. Slowing global growth and trade friction may cloud the economic horizon, but U.S. small businesses in February went on an historic hiring binge. That’s according to the latest employment report from the National Federation of Independent Business, due out later today.

That's great news!

NFIB has been conducting this monthly survey for decades. The organization’s chief economist William Dunkelberg reports that they’ve never seen results like these:

Job creation broke the 45-year record in February with a net addition of 0.52 workers per firm (including those making no change in employment), up from 0.25 in December and 0.33 in January. The previous record was 0.51 reached in May 1998.

NFIB also found a historic low in the percentage of business owners reducing employment—just 3% of survey respondents. “Owners are trying to hold on to the employees they have,” says Mr. Dunkelberg.

Awesome!  Then why are trump's numbers in the toilet?

This is all happening in spite of him, not because of him.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 03/07/19 at 10:34:05

......and prove my point. A solid piece of economic news is twisted  to fit an opinion. TDS on full display. Which is to bad for my friend because he probably will be sick until 2024.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 03/07/19 at 10:40:20

WebsterMark wrote on 03/07/19 at 10:34:05:
......and prove my point. A solid piece of economic news is twisted  to fit an opinion. TDS on full display. Which is to bad for my friend because he probably will be sick until 2024.

So, which part do you have a problem with?  The part where trump's numbers are indeed in the basement?  The part about how our economy is doing well in spite of him.  Or the part about how you are not my friend?

(BTW, I have a feeling that by 2024, trump will be in jail, having been convicted shortly after his massive loss in 2020.)

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 03/07/19 at 11:20:01

Odds are good he'll be your President until 2024.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 03/07/19 at 11:22:57

WebsterMark wrote on 03/07/19 at 11:20:01:

LOL - if I were you, I'd find a different bookie!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #53 - 03/07/19 at 11:27:05

WebsterMark wrote on 03/07/19 at 11:20:01:

Putin will have to work a lot harder next time...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 03/07/19 at 14:50:30

Keep believing that....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 03/07/19 at 16:04:47

I think the issue is that few if any of you are willing to look at the numbers as numbers and review collaborative assessments.

Instead its about Trump.

People who like Trump will see the good things in tariff alterations, and the people who do not like Trump will see the bad.  In this forum I don't know of anyone who actually uses the empirical data to make a decision, instead they use empirical data to reinforce their attitude towards Trump, or Obama, or Hillary, or each other.

This very thread is an example.  It can go pages upon pages of bickering without one reference to the data presented as the original topic.  

« Last Edit: 03/07/19 at 17:40:29 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 03/08/19 at 04:41:50

That's not exactly true Eeg. I pointed out the ridiculousness of Krugman and the lack of emphasis on the .1% number. You pointed out the obvious fact fron the report its way to early in the game to declare victory or defeat.

What happened was the Aussie put a paragraph from a TDS deranged NY Times loser. I don't know if he read the full report or not. I doubt it but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. TT waded in as if he'd read it which we all know he was lying about. I said I hadn't read it to that point and I skimmed through it. From there, TT did his usual Trump thing and that's where we are.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 03/08/19 at 05:42:06

"its way to early in the game to declare victory or defeat. "

This may be true, but verifiable data concludes, through multiple sources, that at this time it is defeat.  Without adjustments the current timeline will not become profitable.

The issue is that people hear "Trump is bad" when those numbers say the tariffs, at this time, are not beneficial to the majority of US interests.

When in actuality all the numbers are saying is that the current implementation of tariffs have had certain specific results.

We all know if this was an Obama era implementation it would be perceived as bad by Trump supporters and good by Hillary ones and that is only because people interpret best policy by who they like over what they do.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 03/08/19 at 05:47:08

Eegore wrote on 03/07/19 at 16:04:47:
 I think the issue is that few if any of you are willing to look at the numbers as numbers and review collaborative assessments.

Instead its about Trump.

People who like Trump will see the good things in tariff alterations, and the people who do not like Trump will see the bad.  In this forum I don't know of anyone who actually uses the empirical data to make a decision, instead they use empirical data to reinforce their attitude towards Trump, or Obama, or Hillary, or each other.

This very thread is an example.  It can go pages upon pages of bickering without one reference to the data presented as the original topic.  

Of course, you're right Eegore.

Suffice it to say, the data shows that - as of today - the tariffs have not worked and have had the opposite effect that trump promised.

That's the main point that I'm making.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 03/08/19 at 05:53:25

WebsterMark wrote on 03/08/19 at 04:41:50:
That's not exactly true Eeg. I pointed out the ridiculousness of Krugman and the lack of emphasis on the .1% number. You pointed out the obvious fact fron the report its way to early in the game to declare victory or defeat.

What happened was the Aussie put a paragraph from a TDS deranged NY Times loser. I don't know if he read the full report or not. I doubt it but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. TT waded in as if he'd read it which we all know he was lying about. I said I hadn't read it to that point and I skimmed through it. From there, TT did his usual Trump thing and that's where we are.

LOL - you're funny mark.  You only wish I hadn't read it.

Hey, why not just use your ripping retort "shut up" next time you're so frustrated?

Grin

Have a great weekend.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 10:25:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Tariffs: The Data is In

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.