Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #225 - 10/23/19 at 06:41:02

Sounds good...I don't know of any hard commitments after this weekend other than Thanksgiving.  If is is cold, we'll bundle up and make the best of it. Whether or not Paula comes is a toss up...she seems to think she won't have fun up there because it is just motorcycles, hard women, liquor and cigarettes all weekend.  I have no idea where she gets that Idea. She has met Dave and likes him, so I guess that means MM is the one with all the bad things she's worried about  Grin Grin

If it is cold, I am going to get me some of those race tire warmers we saw at Barber's and wrap them around my legs Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #226 - 10/23/19 at 19:47:30

Burrrrr !  

50 deg. is about my lower limit for fun .     I have suffered lower temps but they require "bundling - up" time and "Long-Johns"  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #227 - 10/26/19 at 05:13:52

I agree.....50 degrees and above is a range that provides for fun riding.  When it is colder it ends up being more of a "survival challenge" for me.  

The Milwaukee heated vest I bought has been a very good investment for me, it works really well and on the low setting a single battery keeps me warm for about 6 hours.  I have used it on the motorcycle in temps down in the 30's, when skiing in temps below zero, and even when I get to the office and the heat has not come on and got the room warm yet.

I have bought a good cold weather riding coat and pants, and that helps a lot......last year I used my ski pants and they worked fine.

Having a bike with an windshield also helps - especially if it is wide enough to deflect the wind off your hands.

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Lithium-Ion-Heated-Front-Zones/dp/B075TH19KT...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #228 - 10/26/19 at 09:17:12

Stew , seems like Dave has discovered something we should check into ?   Huh

I'll have to go with ebay prices if I go there .    That two prong plug for the battery tender might be a good power source , I have that on all the bikes.   So a pig-tail from the vest could be a path to year round ridding ?  Huh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-USB-Winter-Heated-Warm-Vest-Men-Women-Heati...

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #229 - 10/28/19 at 12:10:07

MMRanch wrote on 10/26/19 at 09:17:12:
Stew , seems like Dave has discovered something we should check into ?   Huh

I'll have to go with ebay prices if I go there .    That two prong plug for the battery tender might be a good power source , I have that on all the bikes.   So a pig-tail from the vest could be a path to year round ridding ?  Huh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-USB-Winter-Heated-Warm-Vest-Men-Women-Heati...

MM, if you get one of these let me know how it works.  It was hard for me to tell if it comes with the battery (edit: it says mobile power not included), and if you ride with it connected to the USB.  It says in two separate places: "When heating, you need to connect the mobile power supply all the time." and "Do not use for a long time, please do not connect to mobile power."

So, do I or do I not? Hmmm.

I have the battery tender USB adapter as well as my standard USB pulling from the headlight bucket. I suspect using the battery tender would be preferred over the headlight tapped USB due to the amount of draw these things have?

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #230 - 10/28/19 at 12:21:26

Stew , I'm thinking it needs a power pack.   A prudent person might have two power packs , knowing they can't last long even with a carbon fiber heat core.   Been my experience that resistant heat take a lot of energy .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/900000mAh-Power-Bank-Portable-Waterproof-Solar-LED-T...

I have a 5 volt 2maA plug coming off the bike battery it this don't work ???  Huh
I'm hoping this part really works   in the vest description  !   Wink

Specifications:

1. Face beautification and body shaping:

powe_pack.jpg

stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #231 - 10/28/19 at 13:14:37

MMRanch wrote on 10/28/19 at 12:21:26:
Stew , I'm thinking it needs a power pack.   A prudent person might have two power packs , knowing they can't last long even with a carbon fiber heat core.   Been my experience that resistant heat take a lot of energy .
I have a 5 volt 2maA plug coming off the bike battery it this don't work ???  Huh
I'm hoping this part really works   in the vest description  !   Wink

Specifications:

1. Face beautification and body shaping:

HAHAH.  I am just glad to see that I can connect my charge treasure to it. Hard to find a treasure compatible jacket.

However, I really need the advertised " Vitality restoration: It provides deeper adjustment of physiological functions to avoid sub-health state and restore the vitality"

I agree and am thinking no on tethering the vest to the bike, but ok to tether the battery pack to recharge it.  

900,000mAh is a pretty dang hefty battery. The vest will run 6+ hours at 10,000mAh, so that should work for about 4-5 days  Cool

Only downside is the jacket has to come on the slow boat from China....

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #232 - 10/28/19 at 17:20:08

900,000mAh is a pretty dang hefty battery. The vest will run 6+ hours at 10,000mAh, so that should work for about 4-5 days  

Roll Eyes

I'l bet its a typo ... or they claim its a typo ?   I'm thinking 9,000mAH is what will show up.   I already have two simular packs  that are 10k...

Its a $20, gamble , sometimes the China stuff works out great and sometimes not  ???  Huh

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #233 - 10/28/19 at 19:00:28

MMRanch wrote on 10/28/19 at 17:20:08:
 900,000mAh is a pretty dang hefty battery. The vest will run 6+ hours at 10,000mAh, so that should work for about 4-5 days  

Why didn't they save themselves some ink?

900,000 mAh = 900 Ah

10,000 mAh = 10 Ah

Divide the Ah by the current draw and you get hours.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #234 - 10/29/19 at 14:50:35

MM:

I was out on a group ride with 3 others today - temps in the high 50's, and it may be the warmest we get for a while.

This 1980 Goldwing was there and it is for sale.....the owner is in his 70's and downsizing and he has another one of these that he will be riding (can't ride 2).  The bike looks good and he is only asking $2,500....you and Marcia would be very comfortable on this bike.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bethel-classic-1100cc-honda-goldwing/...

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #235 - 10/29/19 at 22:19:49

I'm glad I come to mind once in a while .  Cool

That bike looks a lot like the V-7 with the Corbin seat ,the 40L bags and the 40L top box.  
But somehow I suspect its not as nimble .   I've also drag raced a 1100 Wing with the V-7 and the V-7 is just a little bit quicker.   Also the same 1100 wing vs the Savage the Wing is just a little bit quicker , not much but a little especially after 75/80 mph.   The Harley 883 and the 1100 GWing were a Really close match.
A buddy of mine has a 83 1100 GoldWing.  He went through a 888 rear tire in 6,000 miles and needed a new one. Sloans Cycle put it on 2 years ago.  So , he went to Sloans Cycles  to have another tire installed .   They run him off --- with the story of old bikes having rusty bolts that break-off on disassembly.   They wouldn't touch it.  
He don't have  paypal account either .  
So , he ask me what to do ?  
First thing I told him was "Lets get you a tire that don't need replacing no more than necessary".    You can guess what tire that is.  So I ordered him one.
Then we spent about 3 hours on my carport putting it on the bike.   You don't ever want to have to put a tire on an old GWing !   Embarrassed
I'd rather do the Guzzi twice than the Wing once again !   It took two jacks - one for the bike and one for the swing-arm/shaft thing getting "JUST RIGHT".   It seems the axle only comes out when its in the perfect position.

I have rode his old GoldWing and its easy to like till ya get to a corner , then its like a low/wide/monster.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #236 - 10/30/19 at 03:45:28

Accuweather forecast for the period Nov 3 - 11 still looks picture perfect.  Weather is dry, partly sunny/cloudy, night time temps in the 30's and daytime highs in the mid 50's to mid 60's.  As the next week unfolds we need to start picking days to arrive/depart....we know Stewmills and his gang would be arriving late Friday night and riding Sat/Sun (8th,9th).  I can adjust my arrival a few days before or after if anyone wants to ride on a weekday and the weather warrants it.

Is this more to your liking?  I had a friend who owned one of these and said it was the best bike he ever owned......smooth as silk!

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ft-mitchell-1990-bmw-k75-low-miles/70...

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #237 - 10/30/19 at 08:16:52

Right now I am tied up at home this weekend putting in hardwoord floors in the kitchen (finally got the base cabinets resolved and finished yesterday).  Considering I am close to losing my mind, I can aim to have the floors done this weekend so I can break away next weekend if that looks viable?

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #238 - 10/30/19 at 15:21:03

Wife can't go - so this is a solo trip for me.

I can drive down as early as Wednesday, and I can also stay beyond Sunday.  If I were to stay and ride all Sunday, I could come home on Monday.

The weather forecast has changed to allow more wetness toward the weekend.  Rain and drizzle is possible on Wednesday, Thur/Fri are mostly sunny, Saturday and Sunday are showing a couple of showers possible.  I really don't like riding in the rain - I like it even less when it is cold rain.

We still have a week for the weather to make more changes - so we will just have to watch and see what happens.  Last year the advance forecast showed temps in the 50's - but it ended up being 20 degrees colder by the time we arrived! (It was 23 degrees when we got up on Sunday morning).

Fri/Sat/Sun of this week is clear and cold.....but no rain!

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/daily-weather-forecas...

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #239 - 10/30/19 at 19:50:46

We are burying my sister on the 3rd.

So Dave ,
Would Deb be more interested if we went to Helen instead of Robbinsville ?

Marcia told me she is ready for a Helen trip.  That would be ride in the middle of the day and walk/shop till the day warms-up .  

Dave , I'm not sure you understand what a wonderful bike the V-7 is .   Its big enough to go anywhere and be fun doing it.  But not so big as to be trouble waiting to happen .   It also is very easy to drive , and comfortable for a all day ride.   I don't like the 17" rear tire , but I can live with it as a "WE" bike.   Smiley

« Last Edit: 10/30/19 at 21:25:36 by MMRanch »  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 08:19:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.