Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #240 - 10/31/19 at 04:13:40

Deb would like to go - but can't go.  She committed to singing at two events over the weekend and also attending some kind of event at church.

It is a bit of an irritation to me......she is committing to so many things that we seldom have an opportunity to ride together - and she does not have the ability to do anything without planning months ahead of time.

So....I am coming alone, by myself, without a wife.

« Last Edit: 10/31/19 at 08:14:59 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #241 - 10/31/19 at 11:44:59

Yea Dave I can sort of understand that .   That's how it is with Marcia working .   But even if she goes  , then its the truck for the trip and the bike for the Day-rides.

Things are a changing !

With my son being in Korea for a year , I hope to check some  places off my bucket list this next year.  

Lets look at the weather forcast again.  The 13th of Nov. is the only thing I've got locked in for Nov. so far , those night/early morning temp make me shiver just thinking about them ...  Embarrassed

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #242 - 10/31/19 at 12:35:37

MM, if it gets cold at night you can warm up your hands between those two pillows  Grin Grin Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #243 - 10/31/19 at 20:31:30

I might want to warm more than my hands ?   You know like my feet too ?  Grin   I don't know if pillows come big enough for size 12 feet.  Roll Eyes

Last spring in Suches was about as cold as I can do.  Some times I think my bod don't work as good as it used to ?

The weather for 8,9,10 Nov.  looked promising on the local news tonight.
We would bring the truck/Bike , stay in budget motel , and day ride after a late breakfast if it works out .   Maybe stay in Helen and day trip to robbinsville ?  Huh    Call it a Fall Color Cruise ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #244 - 11/01/19 at 03:23:17

I don't remember Suches being particularly cool last year.......is my memory fading?  I do admit that it gets harder with each trip to remember that event specifically....details of the trip tend to blend together with other trips I have taken.  I can remember stopping for gas and it being really hot.....and enjoying the air conditioning inside the little rustic store.

All of us will be hauling the bikes to Robbinsville this year.......I believe I will be coming very early on Thursday morning during the cool hours, and I should be arriving around noon and take an afternoon ride.

At this point Friday weather looks a little bit iffy for rain - we will just have to wait and see what develops.  Monday is forecast for showers - so staying on an extra day would not make any sense.  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #245 - 11/01/19 at 13:48:21

Dave , so your referring to 7 Nov. in Robbinsville ..(I believe I will be coming very early on Thursday morning during the cool hours) .    So , you , Stew and Stew's Pillows are sharing a room and me and Marcia are sharing another one ?   Huh

I haven't got the wife's blessing on all this yet.  But once I get my story straight then it should fly under the Fall-Color-Cruise flag .  Wink   I'll try for Thursday - Saturday nights (3) then come home Sunday morning.  

Partnerships can be a balancing act sometimes going both ways !  Wink
Sometimes we agree just to have Stories to share when we get back home !  Grin

Dave , you got the name of that motel ?

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #246 - 11/01/19 at 17:30:29

MM:

We are staying at the Two Wheel Inn.  Biker friendly folks, good people who have owned the place a bit more than a year - they need our business.  The place comes with a garage to put the bike in!

https://twowheelinn.com/

You might be able to find a bit cheaper place at one of the hotels in or near Robbinsville.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #247 - 11/01/19 at 19:24:19

The $$ is not a problem , the cool weather might be .  ?

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #248 - 11/02/19 at 03:27:46

MM:

First.....I am sorry your sister passed.  I find it really hard to express my feelings for that event - what does someone 300 miles away say that makes anything easier for you and your family?  I hope that like your family, she went knowing that she had been a good and faithful servant and she was called home.

The weather forecast keeps changing, and that is no surprise a week out.  A couple days ago Wednesday was forecast to be the wettest day - now it is supposed to be sunny and the warmest day of the week!  All of the mornings are going to be down around freezing, and the afternoons are supposed to be 53 - 60.

I can bring Deb's heated vest for Marcia - she has never worn it on a long trip so I don't know if it will last all day....but if it only lasts a few hours it could help to get her through the first part of the ride until things warm up in the afternoon. Deb also has some warm motorcycle pants that I can bring along in case Marcia wants to try them.  (I believe that on a bike with a windshield, the passenger gets more wind and it is a bit harder to stay warm).

I will call the Two Wheel Inn today and let them know of our plans - I don't expect we will have to make any reservations, as last year only about 20% of the rooms were occupied.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville/28771/daily-weather-forecast/3...

« Last Edit: 11/02/19 at 09:19:32 by Dave »  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #249 - 11/02/19 at 08:37:19

Thanks for the kind words Dave.  Its not a sad thing that she passed away.

Now the weather forecast looks like next Sunday - Wednesday would be the time to visit the area. ???  
So Marcia tells me she don't care about going if all we are going to do is ride all day .   Well , by time the days warms up  to 50 deg. there won't be no all day day-ride !  Roll Eyes

Maybe we should go ride the Natchez Trace to South Mississippi instead ?  Or somewhere warm ?    

We might be better off just to take a local fall color cruise some time next week.

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #250 - 11/02/19 at 09:42:06

If the weather there acts like the weather here today - it was 28 when we got up this morning and the sun had warmed things up to 45 by noon......and we will top out at 50 by 2PM, - it will stay there until 6PM.

I expect that the routine will be getting up and going up to Huddle House for breakfast with the ride starting around 10AM.  We ride here and there, get a light lunch somewhere, and then start a path toward home so we can arrive just about the time dark and cold set in.  The ride will not be too aggressive with cold tires and leaves scattered all over the road - the riding is really good however as there are almost no campers, motor homes or tourists clogging them up. There will be a few "leaf lookers".......that tight section of 28 heading into the Highlands was great last year - we sailed through without the normal parade of slow tourists blocking the road.

We will just have to watch the weather and plan on the arrival and departure dates.  Stewmills and his brother can be there Sat/Sun so I will be there to ride with them on those days unless the weather turns really foul - riding Thur/Fri or Mon/Tues makes no difference to me as long as the weather is good.

I have only ridden the Natchez Trace in the area south of Franklin around Leapers Fork, and it is not very exciting or scenic in that area.  It is a 45mph strip of asphalt with mowed grass along the edge....then trees beyond that - the view in almost any direction doesn't go beyond the tree line.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #251 - 11/02/19 at 14:34:26

I can understand what you guys are talking about, it was down into the 70's here in Florida! I ALMOST wore a long sleeve jersey for my bike ride this morning. A light jacket felt good on the M/C going to the range this afternoon, still wore shorts thou. If you want to ride after the frost has invaded the great white north, head south,,,WAYYYY SOUTH.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #252 - 11/03/19 at 08:22:56

The weather forecast is changing rapidly.....now it appears Mon/Tue/Wed are excellent - too bad I have to work!

Thur/Fri are now looking like they could be wet, Sat/Sun are dry and sunny, and Mon (11th) is potentially drizzly.

So....we just need to wait and see how the forecast is going to change as the week progresses.  I am still planning on leaving Thursday morning and staying until Sunday if the weather allows.  If only Sat/Sun remain as the dry days......I am not opposed to coming down Friday afternoon/evening and riding Sat/Sun.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville/28771/daily-weather-forecast/3...

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #253 - 11/03/19 at 15:31:36

OK......8 hours later and now the forecast is all dried up and not a single day calls for rain!

The bad news is the temperature drops almost 20 degrees between Thursday and Friday.....the high on Friday will only be 45.  The overnight temperature will be 23 degrees when we get up Saturday morning.....almost a carbon copy of the cold Sunday we had last year - except there is supposed to be sun and highs up near 60......it is just the morning warmup that is brutal  (Last year I don't think it got up above freezing on Sunday when we were on the Cherohala Skyway..

Let's hope for a warmup - but at the moment it isn't scaring me away.........Thursday will be great, Friday looks to be a bit chilly all day....and the mornings on Sat/Sun will be chilly.

The following weekend has similar daytime temps - and the overnight temps are expected to be in the middle 30's.  If this coming weekend is just too cold - can anybody do the following weekend?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #254 - 11/03/19 at 19:34:45

The color in the trees are about at their peak in my area now.   But my spare room is occupied by a young man just getting on his feet , so I don't have anywhere to put a body (or two) up at the moment.   Embarrassed

We might have to go all the way to see Bad Wolf before nice weather gets into the picture , how twisty roads fit into the picture , I don't know.  Undecided

can anybody do the following weekend?  

45 at night and 70 in the day ?   I day ride all winter long on sunny afternoons for short trips of a couple of hours.   I've found that below 50 deg. it ain't fun no more.   Every day is Saturday .  except Sunday ...  Smiley

« Last Edit: 11/03/19 at 23:41:38 by MMRanch »  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 04:39:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.