Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #195 - 07/26/19 at 14:11:12

I thought we agreed not to let MM have a GPS since he tries to always lead us into the woods and gravel pits?  His GPS stood for Goat-trail Positioning System   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #196 - 07/27/19 at 19:37:09

It was my GPS that tried to lead me astray, and on the way home today it tried to take me on a road listed as 119.....it was a dirt path and you could see the muddy creek crossing 100 feet from the intersection!

The ride home today took me 10 hour to cover 409 miles (including the stops for fuel and lunch).  I avoided all interstate travel, and some of the roads through the Daniel Boone National Forest were only 1.5 lanes wide - but there was nice rural scenery.

I traveled 1,100 miles in the 4 days....my but was a bit weary when I got home today.  It was a nice trip - with good riding and perfect weather!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #197 - 07/28/19 at 22:48:28

Goat-trail Positioning System  

So ,  Huh  If I was to get a Himalaya ya'll would still follow me wouldn't ya ?

Versey and Lancer went to the  Church at Swanee to see all the stained glass windows and their stories , so I thought Dave should see them too.  

One day we went to Cannonboro in Murfreesboro Tn.   They have at least one "Steam powered Tractor" , I'm not sure what some of that other stuff even was ... but a few of the pieces of farm equipment were so old they were made of "Wood" ... One of them might have been a wooden "Hay" gathering tool ?  and Massively built .
We went over to Sloan's Cycles and got a throttle Cramp-Buster for my guzzi.

The first day the Savage got to go then day two was the Guzzi's turn.

We did find a inviting looking road that we didn't get to try.   It was about lunch time and we didn't want Dave getting hangry , but we did get some good advice on where to eat at from a local expert.    
When we got to the Dairy Delight (home-padded hamburgers) our neighbors proved to be VERY FRIENDLY  not dangerously so but I barely got any words in at all on the first feller , then when the second feller started in I couldn't hear what the first guy was even saying ... after a while my eyes got tired of lip-reading and I had to leave.    Well , one of them followed us out to the parking lot just "grinning and Jawing" so friendly like I thought we'd never get to leave .   Roll Eyes

I'll post some perty "Grass" pictures next time !   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #198 - 07/29/19 at 04:57:50

MMRanch wrote on 07/28/19 at 22:48:28:
 Goat-trail Positioning System  

So ,  Huh  If I was to get a Himalaya ya'll would still follow me wouldn't ya ?

When we got to the Dairy Delight (home-padded hamburgers) our neighbors proved to be VERY FRIENDLY  not dangerously so but I barely got any words in at all on the first feller , then when the second feller started in I couldn't hear what the first guy was even saying ... after a while my eyes got tired of lip-reading and I had to leave.    Well , one of them followed us out to the parking lot just "grinning and Jawing" so friendly like I thought we'd never get to leave .   Roll Eyes

I will follow you until the pavement stops and the gravel/mud begins.  I hate riding a dirty motorcycle!  (I also don't like riding in the rain for the same reason......it requires a washing and cleanup afterwards).

Those two old fellows in the Dairy Delight were sumthin.......they certainly had a lot of stories to tell, and then wanted them all told consecutively!

At the Indian dealer in Lynchburg MM was trying out the Scout to see if Springman should buy one.  Low seat heat, plenty of power......they do offer it with different handlebars and pegs to ease the forward reach.  We saw two used ones at Sloan Cycle that were in the $6,000 range, and both of them looked pretty nice.  That big fat front tire seems a bit out of place to me......but that must be a fad as the new Honda Rebel models have the same thing going on - they look a bit like the Suzuki Van Van or the big tire bike from Yamaha.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #199 - 07/29/19 at 09:31:37

That picture of MM makes me chuckle.  Maybe because I know him and how silly he can be...and that he was probably twisting the throttle and going "Vrooooom Vroooom" out loud where everyone could hear him.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #200 - 07/29/19 at 09:41:29

MM and I were on our best behavior.

Debbie was minding the store, and she was  a young, pretty, blonde!
She rides a big Indian, teaches motorcycle safety courses.......and was nice to look at and it we both had a difficult time leaving! Wink

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #201 - 07/29/19 at 11:25:19

Dave wrote on 07/29/19 at 09:41:29:
Debbie was minding the store, and she was  a young, pretty, blonde!
She rides a big Indian, teaches motorcycle safety courses.......and was nice to look at and it we both had a difficult time leaving! Wink

Well then, can you replace that picture of MM with one of Debbie?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #202 - 07/30/19 at 07:01:19

I tried to get Debbie on on the bike behind MM for a photo.....I figured I could use it for future blackmail purposes by threatening to show the photo to Marcia!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #203 - 07/30/19 at 15:11:30

Hay , Before I bought the Guzzi , I had Marcia on the back of one of them in Sloans (Murfreesboro) .    So I had my son take a picture of us so I'd be sure to not look over-loaded on our next 'WE" bike.

0728171150c.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #204 - 07/31/19 at 16:14:59

Hi Marcia !
Oh, you too Mike.  😏

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #205 - 08/01/19 at 15:11:26

MMRanch wrote on 07/30/19 at 15:11:30:
Hay , Before I bought the Guzzi , I had Marcia on the back of one of them in Sloans (Murfreesboro) .    So I had my son take a picture of us so I'd be sure to not look over-loaded on our next 'WE" bike.

So...should we tell Marcia that you are eluding to the fact that she creates the "overload" factor when she rides with you?  I don't think she will appreciate that  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #206 - 08/01/19 at 16:36:19

Oh , She thinks that she is 250# and 6'2" , and is proud of it.

I don't think we look like we over-load the Guzzi ... but I believe we look crowded on the S-40 .   Well , I feel crowded on the S-40 anyway.

I go ridding with my CMA group and some of those Monster Bikes they ride are like two wheeled cars .    Heck ! They are TWO WHEELED CARS !   Grin

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #207 - 08/19/19 at 10:44:08

Nice picture of you MM on the Scout. I've ridden the Scout a few times. Each time I like it better. Last time though, after riding the Scout I rode the Chieftain and fell in love with it....until it was time to park it.. Shocked

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #208 - 08/19/19 at 15:49:42

I've ridden the Scout a few times. Each time I like it better.  

Hay Springman

$6,K for a low mileage Scout is very comparable to my deal on the V-9 .

Do ya think the Scout is big bodied enough to put a passenger seat on , and maybe some luggage ?

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #209 - 08/20/19 at 11:16:20

That is a good question. Big bodied enough? I am not sure. I can tell you though that it has plenty of power? Space on the bike though, I really do not know.

I have to admit that even after test riding the scout and feeling giddy with all that power, I always seem to be glad to get back on the savage.  Huh

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 23:43:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.