Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #165 - 06/14/19 at 14:26:38

KSL sounds like the most good for the most folks, I will pull a trailer up next to the bunkhouse and just move my stuff over onto my favorite bunk.

Somebody say a fixed date to arrive to give the weather forecast a referenced looking point.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #166 - 06/15/19 at 17:36:54

dont they just have two person bunk houses  ?   but you can add a tent next door  ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #167 - 06/15/19 at 18:17:14

KSL has cabins, and they have a bunkhouse on the near end of the bathhouse.  I believe there are 8 beds in the bunkhouse, and you just rent one bed and might have room mates you don't know.

I believe you need to rent a cabin if you want one - I think it is easier to get a bed in the bunkhouse without a reservation.

The bunkhouse provides a very short walk to the bathroom! Wink

MM - It is not good weather for cutting hay up here - we have rain forecast for the next 9 days straight!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #168 - 06/16/19 at 05:10:52

Sleeping with strangers, eh, as long as I can get a bottom bunk and sleep next to a fan in a window I am golden.   My fall back will be an air mattress and sleeping bag under the tail of my trailer.

Bunkhouse in July will be hot until about 9-10:00 at night, so I might have to sit up and be sociable for a bit.  

Have a Dr's appointment the 24th concerning the same left leg & knee that made me drop the barcalounger last trip.   Has no strength occasionally and I have had rare issues where the first few steps taken after sitting up get faultery.   Think of it as your leg goes to sleep, except you get no tingling sensations to warn you.

It is neurological and is known as a diabetic progressive, but drugs exist and I want a prescription to try them well in advance of trip time.

What will happen on trip if I run out of gas is that I will split off and head back to KSL, stopping periodically for rest breaks where they will sell me a cheap $0.69 Sr. drink (Burger King, Hardees).   There should be no interruption of your 12 hour joy rides and I will see you back at camp.

This trip will be a learning thing as I have been riding the Savage around town with no issues since this spring.

So you won't get shocked, I have lost about 40-50 pounds due to new diabetic drugs and the associated lighter eating regimen.   This is simply a new treatment level that all diabetics have to deal with.  

And yes, I look old as dirt now ...... duh, I am old for a diabetic, most lifer male diabetics don't last this long so I am not complaining.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #169 - 06/16/19 at 07:15:41

MM - It is not good weather for cutting hay up here - we have rain forecast for the next 9 days straight!  

Dave we have about the  same forecast  !   :'(

before the end of June , for sure ?  Huh

OldFeller ,  you scare me when I think about ... "I'm older than you are"  at least in years !    

If your bod and your mind can't agree on how old you are then I'm guessing  your body wins all arguments.  

I can wish ya luck with all that stuff and do !   I'm also glad you've changed some of your habits for the better !   Smiley

We might get to go-on meeting for a mountain ride for years to come .  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #170 - 06/18/19 at 03:59:58

It has been rain, rain, rain....and it will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.  It started raining on Saturday and has been raining on/off ever since, and some of the rains have been intense and the low areas are getting flooded repeatedly.  For the next 9 days rain is forecast for every day except this coming Friday.

The news this morning reported that this is the 3rd wettest year for weather up to June 17th at 33 inches for the year - which is 12" above normal.

If this trend continues - it is likely to put a damper on any ride planning.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #171 - 06/28/19 at 17:40:36

MM,  Check your messages, I sent you one Fri evening about being in your area shortly.
Badwolf

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #172 - 06/30/19 at 17:24:47

Yesterday, the main 5 ton AC unit died.   Wife is sweltering and all we have out of the AC guy is a quote for a new compressor unit and new style controls to mate up to it.   He has no unit, unit has to come from Charlotte.

Wife will get her new AC as soon as it arrives and I will be broke for the rest of the summer.

No mid-summer mountain trip for me, even if the weather cooperated somewhat.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #173 - 07/01/19 at 11:33:45

Sorry to hear that oldfeller. I went through that last year.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #174 - 07/01/19 at 14:43:17

Hay ,

We did that the year before last .  ($5,000.oo) really just a little over 5 grand but I had the extra $32.oo !   Grin

Later this week I'm going to Texas for the 4th time this year and still haven't got but one bike ride in for the season.  
The bright side of that is Marcia has gone on several "Day" rides this year.

We should do at least one NC. or Arkansas trip before the summer is up !  

My hay is in the barn .
The Savage has a new tire
Some time about the first or second week of August I'll have a Arizona trip in the car with the wife.

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #175 - 07/01/19 at 15:11:16

MMRanch wrote on 07/01/19 at 14:43:17:
Some time about the first or second week of August I'll have a Arizona trip in the car with the wife

Arid-zona in august?!?!
Don't plan on getting out of the car.
At least not while the sun is shining.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #176 - 07/01/19 at 22:18:35

Yea Versey !  Wink

Our son is moving to the base that has all the Airplanes stored in it for more training.   Well they will pay for his move and he can't haul all his stuff on a plane ... so we're picking him up and moving him with a good visit thrown into the mix also.   Don't know if the AF will pay enough for the entire trip but we would go visit anyway .  Smiley

So ya been to Arizonan in August ?    I'd like to visit the Black Hills in August but don't think its going to happen this August  .    Sad

Arkansas might be nice in late August , I'll likely be trucking in and bring a date if I go anywhere much , we've made the guzzi comfortable with that CORBIN seat and it pulls good even ridding double.    If my Harley seat on the Savage wasn't so comfee  I'd put a Corbin on the Savage.   Getting spoiled I guess ?  Roll Eyes

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #177 - 07/02/19 at 17:05:54

MM:

If you get near Tucson.....go see the White Dove of the Desert.  You will enjoy it, it is the oldest building in AZ.  Deb and I went to a Sunday morning service......we really liked it and loved the authentic guitar music for singing the hymns.
http://www.sanxaviermission.org/

Deb and I will be going to the Ozarks sometime in August....maybe we can work it out so you and Marcia will be there at the same time.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #178 - 07/02/19 at 18:32:40

I hope we can join ya'll in Arkansas ,

Getting the date for our Arizona adventure seems out of reach just yet .  Huh

badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #179 - 07/08/19 at 16:54:49

Mo say's HI to all the put put boys. The weather was great this weekend, hot but nice while you are moving.
Had a flat 5 miles north of Franklin last night! Got to ride 24 miles back to the KSL with a flat front tire,NO FUN! New tube in today and all is right with the world.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 16:13:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.