Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #150 - 06/04/19 at 10:26:01

The wife and I are up for a trip to Arkansas (she won't let me go on that trip without taking her along for ballast company). Wink

Oldfeller:  If you can find a couple days with a good weather forecast, I will sneak off to the mountains with you and dodge afternoon showers!  I can't do it the last 2 weeks of June  - so that would only allow sometime between now and June 14th.  The current forecast shows the 11th - 14th to be cloudy but dry.

July is pretty open for me at the moment.

« Last Edit: 06/04/19 at 13:10:56 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #151 - 06/04/19 at 14:49:39

Guys, I was just trying to spot what you are doing next ......  MM wants some cool mountain weather and I can remember that we always got some mix of hot on all the mid summer trips ---- a few of them were seriously tire killing hot.   Unpleasantly hot.

Dave, I don't want to go to the knife store again in other words.    If you want cool, then mebbe plan for last week in August or first week in September.

Did we ever get really hot while up on the parkway or was that so high up it stayed pretty cool?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #152 - 06/05/19 at 20:55:52

I going to need to use the next dry spell to get my first hay crop into the barn.

So , later in June or July I can get Marcia and the bike into the Truck and go almost anywhere.   Subject to approval by said "Marcia"  Roll Eyes
or
I can put a tent and overnight bag on the bike and take a week long ride .  With no need for approval from anyone.  

In either case it would be nice to meet one or more of you fellers for a day or three .  Smiley

This place is ruffly $50.oo a night and if the wife goes then I don't get to save $$ on camping ...

About:The Ozark Inn & Suites provides lodging accommodations in scenic Ozark, Arkansas. The city of Ozark overlooks the beautiful Ozark Lake on the Arkansas River. As we are centrally located, you will find us a great place for beginning trips, such as exploring The Pig Trail, Turner Bend, the Mulberry River or going south to beautiful Mt. Magazine for hiking, driving and maybe to enjoy a meal in their new rustic Lodge dining room overlooking southern Arkansas. All rooms at the Ozark Inn and Suites offer high speed wireless internet, microwaves, refigerator and coffee makers. Some rooms have available iron and ironing board. All rooms have a 27 inch television with cable TV. Free local calls. We offer free fax service. Deluxe suite rooms are available with full kitchenette. We also offer free coffee in room. Front desk and office are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We offer a great corporate rate and government rates. Special rates for bikers. Call or email for details. Park your cars directly in front of your rooms. "The pig trail" is a scenic highway used by Razorbacks on their way to Fayetteville for Razorback Football and Tailgaiting. With the development of the new freeway system, the famous Pig Trail is now a beautiful highway through the Ozark National Forest and the Boston Mountains. This page is pictures and descriptions of what is a beautiful Day Trip from Ozark, Arkansas, where The Pig Trail starts through the Ozark National Forest to Eureka Springs, Arkan

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?aid=356281;label=metatripad-link-d...;

« Last Edit: 06/06/19 at 10:33:49 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #153 - 06/08/19 at 21:54:57

Here is a link to a part of NC. we haven't seen YET .  Roll Eyes

https://www.romanticasheville.com/dry_falls.htm

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #154 - 06/09/19 at 03:46:17

Those falls look like something I will have to do when the wife comes along.....she wants to spend as much time hiking/shopping as she does in the saddle!  The Highlands area is always clogged with tourists and slow traffic - when Stew and his brother Bailey and I were in the area in November - it was one of the first times we were able to enjoy the narrow/curvy road at a normal speed.

The weather here has been very wet, and I was only able to ride the bike 1 evening......Fri/Sat/Sun has been on/off drizzle and a peak of sun now and then.

I need to use up some vacation days before July 1 - or I will lose them.  If the weather turns nice - I likely will head down to the Daniel Boone National Forest and see if I can find any good riding and lodging in the area.....for me to get there is about half as far as going to the Dragon area.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: new style of tire
Reply #155 - 06/13/19 at 07:09:19

MM, you know my methods -- propose an idea, listen to the feedback, dodge around the problems and then have a secondary plan for rotten weather.

The cell phone location trick opened up a lot of ground to us as far as meeting up on the fly and regrouping after getting separated.

I am serious, we could bring wives and then ride with the wives to the shopping meccas and then the rest of the adventurous boys can go find GUN STORES and BIKE SHOPS and other neat stuff to kill the hours while wives do what they like best to do.    Everybody can be happy on a trip like that.

Communications and knowing an individual's location is no more than picking up a cell phone away ...... this gives us a lot to work with you know.

I'd start out with general DAYTIME TEMPERATURE as the wife places are down hill in the larger cities ..... i.e. HOT.    Next, I'd pick which general area zone you want to work out of.   The Blue Ridge area covers more civilization than any other zone we have ever done.

We talk out the ideas and see who is coming, then refine the plans to suit the needs of the group that is going.

I will be trailering and staying in a cabin, and thus will have at least one rainy day car to drive us all around with if we need it.   I can remember using that car a few times, too, to good advantage.

And yes Dave, if we take the wives to the Knife Store area we will drive a car or two with AC because we are Nice People ...... or generally always try to be.    Summer heat and stop and go in that shopping area makes poor bike riders wilt, it does.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #156 - 06/13/19 at 07:34:22

It all sounds too complicated to me.  Trying to include the wives, shopping and a couple days ride up the Bluegrass Parkway in good weather and fit it into everybody's schedule sounds like a hard thing to plan and execute well.

If you want to meet at the KSL and ride around for a few days with the guys - pick some good weather days and I will come if I can get away.

I can't go the rest of this month.....July 2,9 & 12-14th I have commitments that will keep me from going.

So far the weather up here is like last year - rainy whenever there is a chance to go riding.......this is getting old as I had hoped for more chances to go riding this year.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #157 - 06/13/19 at 08:24:00

I'm in the same kinda boat as Dave about  rain messing up my adventurous aspirations .     I need a 5 day dry spell to get the hay inside , and this time its only 3 days of sun , maybe the next dry cycle will be a 5 day run.

OldFeller , so your saying your wife is now ridding with ya for short rides ?

If my wife goes then the truck is sure to be involved .    Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #158 - 06/13/19 at 08:58:54

MMRanch wrote on 06/13/19 at 08:24:00:

I believe it is the same for my wife.  She says she wants to try some longer rides - but she has her schedule so full of daily events that it is nearly impossible to get her on the back of the bike for more than an hour or two.  Whenever I am off and the sun is shining....she ends up being too busy to go on ride with me.  If we did come down to the KSL area, it would likely be a tow down and unload.......trying to get to the area on back roads would likely be a 10-11 hour ride.

I don't see how I could get her schedule to include any time for a ride down to TN/NC this summer.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #159 - 06/13/19 at 10:05:47

MMRanch wrote on 06/13/19 at 08:24:00:
I'm in the same kinda boat as Dave about  rain messing up my adventurous aspirations .     I need a 5 day dry spell to get the hay inside , and this time its only 3 days of sun , maybe the next dry cycle will be a 5 day run.

OldFeller , so your saying your wife is now ridding with ya for short rides ?

Clarification:    My Wife is the owner of the only bike I have now -- she doesn't ride, not in front nor in back.   None, whatsoever.

Dave is saying he doesn't think wifey on the Blue Ridge is a good idea.    Too complicated.

I understand.  

So, simplify guys, simplify.

And Badwolf and the others who are hanging back & keeping mum and withholding their ideas and feedback, well, that sends a signal too.   Speak up guys, are you interested in a trip or not?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #160 - 06/13/19 at 14:46:45

how's the weather July 21-26th ?

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #161 - 06/14/19 at 03:32:30

Mixed, we are too far out for any accurate weather predictions.   And I am not getting any signal from folks saying where they want to go to check the weather for that weekend as where counts for as much as when.

So far bringing wives gets a down check for being too complicated.    Rolling up the Blue Ridge seems to have hit some "lack of interest" for the broader group.   This leaves a simple trip to a place where you can park a trailer.

Mike is proposing a time span week of July 21st - 26th which is back into the heart of HOT.   Weather will be HOT with occasional pop up mountain thunderstorms wherever we go during that week.

So see, weather prediction can be simple and easy, too.

« Last Edit: 06/14/19 at 06:52:32 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #162 - 06/14/19 at 08:01:34

The schedules and erratic weather just don't seem to make the BlueRidge ride work for the coming months.

Today is nice here in KY....then thunderstorms are forecast for all of the next 10 days.  This year is looking to be a match for last year - which was the 4th wettest year since they started keeping records.

At this point I think the best we can hope for is some good weather in July, and with a nice forecast we can "bug out" for a few days of riding our favorite roads.  I am starting to believe that staying at the KSL and riding to north GA or other remote areas does not make any sense.  We should ride around in the area we are staying......then move for the night if we want to ride somewhere else the next day.  The weather difference between TN/NC/GA seems to be nearly identical as a weather front seems to hit them all similarly - the pop up storms are local and unpredictable.

I am ready to go riding for a few days in July.......hope it works out.

We can schedule a proposed date and hope for good weather - but I believe we need to be able to shift those dates a few days if the forecast is better.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #163 - 06/14/19 at 10:17:06

Kick Stand Lounge is right in the middle of a lot of places !  Smiley

stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #164 - 06/14/19 at 13:17:10

I'm in so long as I am not traveling with work when it happens. I will have to do my usual arrive late Friday and rode Sat and Sun as to limit my time taken off of work.

One of these days I am going to roll up with that pop-up camper so we can relocate on the fly and not have to mess around with tents.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 21:19:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.