Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2019 (Read 1981 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2019
Reply #15 - 01/16/19 at 09:05:36

Guys ,  I don't know what to say at this point.  

How about I modify my plans around what the majority wants .  I might get to enjoy two trips to Texas this year ?     April seems like a long way off . You fellers put a trip together and I'll work around it .   The Sure thing now is :   I'll be at Good-Fellow AFB on the 17th - 19th with the wife.  

I'm kinda excited about my son going into a "Career" ,  instead of just a "Job" (like I did).   I'll be glad when he gets to "lite" at a base where he'll be for more than a few month so I can plan better.    Planning with the wife makes it more "complicated" too !  Roll Eyes

I'll be keeping an eye out for how I can meet-up on this trip !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 01/16/19 at 22:23:20

Well, mike, get out your almanac see what the weather will be like for the week before or after the 18th.
I can work around your plans if I have enough time.
I'd prefer after myself.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #17 - 01/17/19 at 11:24:51

Just keep me in the loop. I want in and right now the only week I cannot make it is the week we move into our new building and when that will be I do not yet know. I will be royally annoyed if I have to cancel my riding plans again because of this building like I had to last year.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 01/17/19 at 13:22:13

Ya'll are the best !  Smiley

I'm headed to the Dollar General for an Old Farmers Almanac  next .   Then start Bouncing ideas off the wife after the candle-light dinner tonight ...  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 01/22/19 at 02:35:59

On my road trip last Friday, I was on I-77 in Virginia and I passed by the Blue Ridge Parkway at Fancy Gap, VA.  The temperature was in the 30's most of the drive, and since I left at 4:30AM it was dark for a lot of the drive and the roads were very wet - but as I went through Fancy Gap and got on the south side of the mountain - the sun shown through the clouds, and I could see the entire valley covered in a thick cloud/fog layer.....with only the mountain tops poking through the clouds.  It was really surreal looking - and there was no place to pull over and look so I just pulled out my cell phone and started clicking pictures without looking......and I hoped that at least a few of the photos would turn out OK.  It is pretty amazing that they have been able to hang an interstate on the side of this mountain!

I looked at the weather for this part of the Blue Ridge....and the overnight temps don't get into the 50's until June......a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway shouldn't be done any sooner than that if you are sleeping in tents!

« Last Edit: 01/22/19 at 04:43:10 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 01/22/19 at 21:28:55

Hay That's impressive Dave !   Cool

So , June or July for a Blue Ridge ride .  No hurry on that .

I was checking the Farmers Almanac for favorable weather in south Texas

Well, mike, get out your almanac see what the weather will be like for the week before or after the 18th.
I can work around your plans if I have enough time.
I'd prefer after myself.  

It looks like May 13 - 25 is the Riding weather , but I suspect thats past the peak desert bloom time

I'd like to check the long range weather for the area on OldFellers weather map too .   I'll try to get that done during this cold snap we're having.

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 02/18/19 at 10:29:26

Accuweather has posted their predictions for april/may...

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/kerrville-tx/78028/april-weather/335918?mon...

and I'm looking at my schedule and thinking late may ain't looking too good.
A week anywhere in between april 7 and the 20th looks good to me.

Post your preferences and let's work out a schedule.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 02/18/19 at 16:11:14

The Accuweather forecast looks good for me to leave Tn. Saturday the 13th , stay in Natchez Ms. Saturday night and get to Kerrville Sunday night.  
Then do the reverse the next Saturday  morning.
I'd like to try to find company for the ride .  Two days on the road is more fun with company.
The odds of finding a ride partner with a LS-650 is slim , so does it matter what kind of machine a person shows up on ?   I might even have to find somebody on a "Harley- Embarrassed"  or maybe a "Goldwing- :"   Roll Eyes
Hay !  It could be somebody on a BMW even ?  Huh

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 02/19/19 at 09:21:43

MMRanch wrote on 02/18/19 at 16:11:14:
The Accuweather forecast looks good for me to leave Tn. Saturday the 13th , stay in Natchez Ms. Saturday night and get to Kerrville Sunday night.  
I'd like to try to find company for the ride .  Two days on the road is more fun with company.
The odds of finding a ride partner with a LS-650 is slim , so does it matter what kind of machine a person shows up on ?   I might even have to find somebody on a "Harley- Embarrassed"  or maybe a "Goldwing- :"   Roll Eyes

You know we don't discriminate... they might have a hammer, a roll of duct tape or an adjustable metric wrench in time of need.

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #24 - 02/19/19 at 10:13:19

verslagen1 wrote on 02/19/19 at 09:21:43:
MMRanch wrote on 02/18/19 at 16:11:14:

You know we don't discriminate... they might have a hammer, a roll of duct tape or an adjustable metric wrench in time of need.

Except a Slingshot..  unless they are willing to carry beverages, spare parts, tools, beverages, lunch, gasoline, extra clothing that we discard as it gets warm, and.. beverages.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #25 - 02/19/19 at 12:22:52

youzguyz wrote on 02/19/19 at 10:13:19:
Except a Slingshot..  unless they are willing to carry beverages, spare parts, tools, beverages, lunch, gasoline, extra clothing that we discard as it gets warm, and.. beverages.

Are you looking to replace MMRanch?

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #26 - 02/19/19 at 15:13:44

This dang new building is giving me headaches right and left. I'll continue to monitor this talk and as I sure expect to be riding them twisties with ya'll.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #27 - 02/19/19 at 16:11:26

Well , my son is now looking at two weeks later for graduation .   That would make graduation sometime in May .    So , it appears anytime is alright in April.
His knees have gotten tired of so much PT. , walking everywhere , etc.   So the medic person told him to take a two-week brake but he still has to walk to the eating place and everywhere else ?  Roll Eyes

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #28 - 02/19/19 at 18:08:55

MMRanch wrote on 02/19/19 at 16:11:26:
Well , my son is now looking at two weeks later for graduation .   That would make graduation sometime in May .    So , it appears anytime is alright in April.
His knees have gotten tired of so much PT. , walking everywhere , etc.   So the medic person told him to take a two-week brake but he still has to walk to the eating place and everywhere else ?  Roll Eyes

HIS knees are tired ? ?
So the medic put him on light duty ?
Did he injure or damage them them in an accident ?

If on light duty he is still walking.  Light duty does not mean he is ambulatory which means he cannot walk at all.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 02/19/19 at 20:01:04

NO , they call it "Casual" , or as I understand it " put  off the training schedule and on stand-by" ,  for two weeks .    Knees tired of being abused.

No accident , Just the same thing the "Peace-Time" military has always done , Training without regard to knowing when  " enough is enough " .  Don't tell me you never saw this before .  Grin

Its common enough that the medical officer knew what it was and what to do automatically like it was a very common thing ...  Wink

The sense able  thing would have been :  NO "PT" , continued training  , but that has nothing to do with doing things the "Military Way".

Main thing is : I can go ridding in April now .  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 09:25:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2019

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.