Good Guys With Guns (Read 628 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Good Guys With Guns
Reply #75 - 11/15/18 at 12:13:58

WebsterMark wrote on 11/15/18 at 12:04:36:
Feeling that, at any time, you'll be shot at or victimized in some way is no way to live.

So the argument that someone owns guns for the express purpose of protecting themselves is (to me) silly.

The greatness of America is my definition of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness does not get to be defined by anyone but myself. I suggest you mind your own business and leave us to our own lives.

LOL - go live in fear in the middle of the woods mark.  Git yerself some jerky, mash & fix yerself up with a good sturdy filly!

Sad day for you mark - I don't have to "mind my own business".

I get to talk/post as much as I want - and there's not thing one you can do about it.

I love 'merica!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #76 - 11/15/18 at 12:20:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/15/18 at 12:12:15:
Feeling that, at any time, you'll be shot at or victimized in some way is no way to live.

I don't drive down the road stroking my seatbelt, thrilled in my knowledge that I'm ready for the crash that is Surely coming in the next few minutes.
You ATTRIBUTE ideas to the people who would be prepared for a moment that will Probably never happen and use YOUR BULLSHIT ideas as a reasonable way to sneer down at them.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #77 - 11/15/18 at 12:46:51

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/15/18 at 12:20:02:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/15/18 at 12:12:15:

I don't drive down the road stroking my seatbelt, thrilled in my knowledge that I'm ready for the crash that is Surely coming in the next few minutes.
You ATTRIBUTE ideas to the people who would be prepared for a moment that will Probably never happen and use YOUR BULLSHIT ideas as a reasonable way to sneer down at them.

Take it however you want jog.

What kind of life is it to live in fear all the time?  Fear of the "invasion" on our southern border.  Fear of the Muslims "taking over".  Fear of the "big bad gubment" coming to take all your guns.  Fear of the "war on Christmas".  Fear of everything...

Enough.

Yeah, be cautious, don't be stupid - but don't turn it into something that it's not.

Don't try and tell me that there's a need for a "well regulated militia" to rise up against a "tyrannical government" in this day and age.  There just isn't.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #78 - 11/15/18 at 13:05:47

T And T Garage wrote on 11/15/18 at 12:46:51:
 Fear of the "invasion" on our southern border.  Fear of the Muslims "taking over".  Fear of the "big bad gubment" coming to take all your guns.  Fear of the "war on Christmas".  Fear of everything...

What about all those things,
that  Cenk Uygur, TELLS YOU,
to fear ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 11/15/18 at 13:09:03

MnSpring wrote on 11/15/18 at 13:05:47:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/15/18 at 12:46:51:
 Fear of the "invasion" on our southern border.  Fear of the Muslims "taking over".  Fear of the "big bad gubment" coming to take all your guns.  Fear of the "war on Christmas".  Fear of everything...

What about all those things,
that  Cenk Uygur, TELLS YOU,
to fear ?

What things?  Be specific.  Because I don't remember him ever giving advice about "fearing" anything.  Once again, I think you're making sh!t up mn.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #80 - 11/15/18 at 13:32:23

T And T Garage wrote on 11/15/18 at 13:09:03:
What things?  Be specific.  

LOL, he is YOUR,  Savior/Mentor/Idol/Hero.
Not mine.

Besides I am not going to be a member,
and PAY him,
to go on his web page, and read/see,
his drivel.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #81 - 11/15/18 at 13:47:57

Throw out the spare tire.
Ditch the smoke alarms and fire extinguishers.
Throw away the helmet and gloves.
The world is your oyster and you can't get screwed.
Idiots and just bad luck will not cross your path.

You ATTRIBUTE preparation to fear.
Good sense dictates that we prepare.
Or do you not have a savings account?
Why not just piss away everything?
You must be AFRAID of not having enough.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 11/15/18 at 14:32:40

"Feeling that, at any time, you'll be shot at or victimized in some way is no way to live.

So the argument that someone owns guns for the express purpose of protecting themselves is (to me) silly
."

That makes more sense although I'm not sure I agree entirely.  I agree that feeling you may be victimized or shot is no way to live, but during my time in CA that was a normal, uncontrollable way of life for some people in the inner cities.  Unfortunate, but a measurable, factual risk.

My mother was murdered in her home, it makes sense to me that even though she wasn't a hunter, a sport shooter, or even interested in guns that if she would have survived that she would today own a firearm for the express purpose of self protection.  

I will however acknowledge that being killed within one's home is a very low risk that is most-likely going to get lower as security tech, like cellphone linked alarm/camera systems become more available to middle and lower class incomes.  

Going back to what I said before about some of this outlook may depend on our line of work.  On the side I help volunteers learn how to be active assailants in civilian self defense programs.  As part of that preparation we listen to a 911 call of a woman being actively raped.  In that call she says she is on the phone with 911 and that police are on the way.  The assailant states clearly "I don't care." and proceeds to sexually assault her while she screams and begs him to stop.  He completes the assault and leaves before law enforcement arrive.

Not one person including law enforcement staff that partake in this training exercise suggest she use a phone over a gun, but that's because of our line of work.  Due to consistent exposure to criminal behavior and victims of violence I think those people would lean more towards firearms as protection.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #83 - 11/15/18 at 14:34:43

My mother was murdered in her home,..

Words fail

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #84 - 11/15/18 at 14:37:36

MnSpring wrote on 11/15/18 at 13:32:23:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/15/18 at 13:09:03:
What things?  Be specific.  

LOL, he is YOUR,  Savior/Mentor/Idol/Hero.
Not mine.

Besides I am not going to be a member,
and PAY him,
to go on his web page, and read/see,
his drivel.

Oh, so then you're lying about him saying that?

I see.  I should have known.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 11/15/18 at 14:48:17

Eegore wrote on 11/15/18 at 14:32:40:
"Feeling that, at any time, you'll be shot at or victimized in some way is no way to live.

So the argument that someone owns guns for the express purpose of protecting themselves is (to me) silly
."

That makes more sense although I'm not sure I agree entirely.  I agree that feeling you may be victimized or shot is no way to live, but during my time in CA that was a normal, uncontrollable way of life for some people in the inner cities.  Unfortunate, but a measurable, factual risk.

My mother was murdered in her home, it makes sense to me that even though she wasn't a hunter, a sport shooter, or even interested in guns that if she would have survived that she would today own a firearm for the express purpose of self protection.  

I will however acknowledge that being killed within one's home is a very low risk that is most-likely going to get lower as security tech, like cellphone linked alarm/camera systems become more available to middle and lower class incomes.  

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother.  I now understand your point of view much better.

All the more reason I respect you, because you also see mine.

To be clear Eegore, I'm not, and never will, call for the banning of guns.  I'm not even calling for the banning of assault weapons (mostly because that's a BS term).  What I am calling for are tighter restrictions at the federal level and holding gun manufacturers to a higher standard.

As to the "paranoia" claim/statements I've made - I've seen far too many people with the constant mindset of self-protection.  Many of them border on full blown paranoia (in the clinical definition).  These were the same people that bought thousands of rounds of ammunition when Obama was elected.  Most of them thought Sharia law was coming and they needed to protect themselves.  I guess I simply don't understand nor have ever had that mindset.  Fortunately.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #86 - 11/15/18 at 15:00:38

What I am calling for are tighter restrictions at the federal level and holding gun manufacturers to a higher standard.

Ohhh, do expand on that.
After being educated on the fact that manufacturers sell to licensed dealers, what more do you want?
Pretty sure you have been asked this before.
Describe the wonderful society that America will be when lefties are satisfied with the
Change they demand.

Shall I call
Krikkits now or wait?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #87 - 11/15/18 at 15:23:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/15/18 at 15:00:38:
What I am calling for are tighter restrictions at the federal level and holding gun manufacturers to a higher standard.

Ohhh, do expand on that.
After being educated on the fact that manufacturers sell to licensed dealers, what more do you want?

I want those manufacturers to ban sales to the "bad apple" dealers.  They should be more aware of who they sell to.  Then, they should be held accountable if they continue.

5% of the licensed resellers provide about 90% of the guns used in crimes.

And, yeah jog - tort reform.  Lawsuits against the gun industry could promote safety standards in the design of firearms and restrictions on the ways guns are marketed.

Works for tobacco and alcohol...

Pretty sure you have been asked this before.
Describe the wonderful society that America will be when lefties are satisfied with the
Change they demand.

Shall I call
Krikkits now or wait?

Naw - just go crawl back to your shelter with your kindle and wait for the apocalypse... lol

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #88 - 11/15/18 at 16:15:09

Show me.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #89 - 11/15/18 at 16:22:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/15/18 at 16:15:09:

Show me.

OK lazy...

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/fact-check/2015/11/30/ruben-gall...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/our-impact/campaigns/keep-crime-guns-off-our-str...

Sadly, the Tiahrt Amendment now prevents this type of investigation...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/23/AR20101023029...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 21:05:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Good Guys With Guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.