oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: ummmmm, ok then
Reply #15 - 10/18/18 at 19:15:35

Quote:
I'd rather not be forced to immigrate inland like a refuge in 30 years when I'm 70....

Thirty years is a long time. The way things are headed, you could very well be a refugee by the time you are seventy for reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with the climate.

Feel better?

You're welcome.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #16 - 10/19/18 at 03:33:29

By the way, is climate change caused by us or is this a natural occurrence?

There has been many cycles of the earth climate  throughout  the years.
when my brother was young people were screamming "We are entering the next ice age!"
When I was younger it was acid rain that was going to get us.

Just a short time ago it was global warming and now it is climate change.

Yes we have more accurate models  but as far as the weather goes.
The guy on the six o'clock news  rarely can tell me correctly if it will be sunny or rainy tomorrow.  Cool

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/19/18 at 06:56:00

"The guy on the six o'clock news  rarely can tell me correctly if it will be sunny or rainy tomorrow."

Part of that is because of the rate of change that causes modeling to be less accurate.  Rate of change is actually the issue but there's basically no way to prove it in a way that some people will accept.  If one needs to see the rate of change over 250 million years for themselves to believe it, then climate change wont ever be something they will accept as happening.

If someone needs a predictive factor on an element that over millions of years is in a constant state of flux to be accurate within a decade then they won't ever accept the data.  

Its like saying a hummingbird flaps its wings over 1 million times in its lifetime and somebody says that on the 867,988th flap of the wings they only went halfway, so there's no way that the hummingbird will flap its wings 1 million times.  They flap a lot, I can agree to that, but no way 1 million times because look at that 867,988th time when the prediction was off.  If we select a small enough part of the data we can get any result we want.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 10/19/18 at 08:22:23

Matchless G11 wrote on 10/19/18 at 03:33:29:
By the way, is climate change caused by us or is this a natural occurrence?

There has been many cycles of the earth climate  throughout  the years.
when my brother was young people were screamming "We are entering the next ice age!"
When I was younger it was acid rain that was going to get us.

Just a short time ago it was global warming and now it is climate change.

Yes we have more accurate models  but as far as the weather goes.
The guy on the six o'clock news  rarely can tell me correctly if it will be sunny or rainy tomorrow.  Cool

it's caused by us, there are literally 100s of scientific studies proving it. but sure, don't believe science...  

oh, and you know what, when you were younger and acid raid was going to get you, guess what we did, we changed some sh*t and stopped it, just like we did with the Ozone hole,  and lead in paint, etc...   we have the power to change the world, we've DONE IT.  

and the Ice age belief, that was based on the cycles you talk about, we were due, ummm, guess what, we changed that too.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 10/19/18 at 08:28:09

Eegore wrote on 10/19/18 at 06:56:00:
"The guy on the six o'clock news  rarely can tell me correctly if it will be sunny or rainy tomorrow."

Part of that is because of the rate of change that causes modeling to be less accurate.  Rate of change is actually the issue but there's basically no way to prove it in a way that some people will accept.  If one needs to see the rate of change over 250 million years for themselves to believe it, then climate change wont ever be something they will accept as happening.

If someone needs a predictive factor on an element that over millions of years is in a constant state of flux to be accurate within a decade then they won't ever accept the data.  

Its like saying a hummingbird flaps its wings over 1 million times in its lifetime and somebody says that on the 867,988th flap of the wings they only went halfway, so there's no way that the hummingbird will flap its wings 1 million times.  They flap a lot, I can agree to that, but no way 1 million times because look at that 867,988th time when the prediction was off.  If we select a small enough part of the data we can get any result we want.

ONLY IN AMERICA.   conservatives and all political parties of every stripe around the world believe the science, ONLY IN AMERICA does one party deny it and actively fight against any reforms to change

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 10/19/18 at 09:03:20

it's caused by us, there are literally 100s of scientific studies proving it. but sure, don't believe science...  
It was the science of the day who killed women because they thought they were witches....

oh, and you know what, when you were younger and acid raid was going to get you, guess what we did, we changed some sh*t and stopped it, just like we did with the Ozone hole,  and lead in paint, etc...   we have the power to change the world, we've DONE IT.  

and the Ice age belief, that was based on the cycles you talk about, we were due, ummm, guess what, we changed that too.

Really? We changed the ice age?......   and you call yourself the party of Science....

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/19/18 at 10:28:41

I would like a to ask a question of all those out there that think Climate Change is caused by man. I am talking about you guys that think the Government should step in and do something.

What are you doing? Do you ride a bike to the grocery store? Do you turn off your air-conditioner in the summer?  Do you go out in your community and pick-up trash. Do you live in 500 sq ft house.

I hear a lot of complaining and pointing fingers by a lot of people but I dont see them living what the preach.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 10/19/18 at 11:09:59

MShipley wrote on 10/19/18 at 10:28:41:
I would like a to ask a question of all those out there that think Climate Change is caused by man. I am talking about you guys that think the Government should step in and do something.

What are you doing? Do you ride a bike to the grocery store? Do you turn off your air-conditioner in the summer?  Do you go out in your community and pick-up trash. Do you live in 500 sq ft house.

I hear a lot of complaining and pointing fingers by a lot of people but I dont see them living what the preach.

I live in a 456 sq ft apartment, I drive a modernish fuel efficient vehicle, I wish it was better but 34 mpg isn't terrible, I recycle, I try not to use plastic bags at stores, that's what I can do . I sometimes pick up trash, for a single person, I do alright according to carbon footprint calculators I've tried out.  

oh, and I try to keep my trips efficient, meaning, I stop on my to and from work to do shopping, banking, etc...  I don't go out a and joy ride and make special trips just cause....

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 10/19/18 at 11:11:00

WebsterMark wrote on 10/19/18 at 09:03:20:
It was the science of the day who killed women because they thought they were witches....

you're sh*tting me right?   was that science?  really? you really want to stand on that as a rebuttal?  I think you'll find that was more religious and ignorance than anything

but you should be able to spot those, aren't those you favorite things?  

Really? We changed the ice age?......   and you call yourself the party of Science....

when you warm the planet and melt the glaciers and ice caps.....   yeah, I'd say that us stopping the ice age...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 03:28:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ummmmm, ok then

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.