Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
If you care to read....... (Read 241 times)
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: If you care to read.......
Reply #45 - 07/19/18 at 07:51:53

Eegore wrote on 07/18/18 at 14:19:56:
"Do you believe it is wrong to murder innocent people or is that something you also just have no opinion on? Let me rephrase that question. Do you believe that it is wrong for someone to murder your family?"

In most cases yes, but there are some outlying factors such as stopping major widespread disease, or if they sign up for military service.

How does assessing wrong behavior and assessing a universe model or religion model come together?  The question seems off topic.

The original statement you disagreed with was "It is absolutely untrue that any human being operates purely on empirical evidence and fact."
There is NO empirical evidence to say killing is wrong. It is simply a Moral construct that we Believe....

We ALL Believe something....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: If you care to read.......
Reply #46 - 07/19/18 at 15:38:22

"The original statement you disagreed with was "It is absolutely untrue that any human being operates purely on empirical evidence and fact."
There is NO empirical evidence to say killing is wrong. It is simply a Moral construct that we Believe....

We ALL Believe something...."

Ok I see what you are saying.  I don't think to look at the ideas of right/wrong regarding ending human life as a belief but as an assessment of advantages or disadvantages of the action on an individual basis.  

Killing is one of those right from one side, wrong from the other but not as clear cut as say algebra.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 18:41:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If you care to read.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.