Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
If you care to read....... (Read 241 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
If you care to read.......
07/13/18 at 08:57:47

The White Christian post was getting pretty long, so I will take the liberty of adding this by itself......

Some folks will never understand faith, they don't want to, period.
They will argue against its possibilities, but they would be better off trying to grasp the wind in the hand.

You can NOT understand, that of which you do NOT know.......

I will explain it like this:

Somewhere in this world exist the smartest man OB/GYN doctor.
Through much study and practice, he is the BEST.....
For all that knowledge, he still, will always remain ignorant, to what a illiterate, woman, in the darkest part of our world knows, and that is what life feels like, in a womb......

As a non believer, as SMART as you think you are, and you may very well be of EXTREMELY high IQ, you are ignorant to the fact of a loving God.

Its like trying to navigate through life with none of your 5 senses.....

If you want to see some biblical referencing, look at John 14, starting at verse 15.

Other than that, ya all have a GREAT weekend  Grin

Hope its not too hot where you live!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: If you care to read.......
Reply #1 - 07/13/18 at 09:50:20

Has it occurred to you, how much wilful ignorance is required, to believe in God?...
Evolution, astronomy, biology, geology, carbon dating, and on and on...
And all this, is based on belief in a God that has been determined by where in the world you were born more than any other factor.

In a hundred years, Christ and Allah will be looked upon as much myths as Zeus, Odin, Isis, Horus, or Mithra..
Many of which, including Jesus share the same stories.
Virgin birth, rise from the dead, the flood, healing the sick, restoring the blind, born on the solstice, died for your sins...
All repeats of myths long before.

So, what do you really believe in?...
Pagan myth wrapped in a Jewish man...

It is undeniable fact, that these myths pre-date Christ.
So, do you believe because of, or in spite of these stories?...
To believe the stories is Pagan,.. to disbelieve is sacrilege...

...to tell me I just can't possibly understand because I'm ignorant,... is delusional, false patronization...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 07/13/18 at 10:38:55

Let’s try this question instead.....

How would you prove faith?

Can you answer all the riddles to the universe?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/13/18 at 10:45:17

I don't think you can prove faith.  You can prove faith exists.

I don't think anyone can answer all riddles.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 07/13/18 at 11:36:03

Eegore wrote on 07/13/18 at 10:45:17:
 I don't think you can prove faith.  You can prove faith exists.

I don't think anyone can answer all riddles.

I agree.....

The only one who knows the answer is the one who test your faith.
Everyone needs to answer their OWN questions and doubts.
I try and not let what I DON’T KNOW, get in the way of what I do know.

Is my understanding predicated on what, and how, others behave, believe?

Am I offended and demand others to adnere to my beliefs, or I challenge them in a manner that removes their freedoms?

Everyone needs to find their own sustainable belief....

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #5 - 07/13/18 at 12:04:45

My father in law, a former fanatic priest, "know" that God exist and he "knows" that Jesus died for our sins. If not, he claims, there would be nothing; no univers, no life, no meaning. He doesn't even want to play with the idea that he could actually be wrong. Not even as a thought experiment.

I do not respect him for that. I respect that people believe, that they have convictions. But when faith escalate into absolute "knowledge", I am lost. You can believe you have found what is right for you, but - like every other living human being - you cannot prove anything, hence you only hold an opinion like everybody else.

If having faith makes you feel better, then it is right for you. Personally, the more I study and discuss religion, the more I am convinced the religious are heading off in the right direction. Still, I am aware that I know nothing more - or less - than them and that I also believe when I think there is nothing god-like out there.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 07/13/18 at 12:41:40

What sustains you?

Is it predicated on what others say or do?

What do you think the final outcome of your thoughts, actions, belief will be?

Based on what?

What do you think you need to be happy?

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #7 - 07/13/18 at 13:52:41

raydawg wrote on 07/13/18 at 12:41:40:
What sustains you?

Life, I guess. And myself.

No, I have never followed anybody, never had a hero, never had a mentor I would follow without question. That goes for everybody from authorities to family.

If you by final mean after I die, I expect to be permanently dead. My actions are generally good because I'm guided by my conscious and not my ego the majority of the time. And like those who believe in a god I hope to open eyes and be rational  Grin

Based on what?

Not quite sure what I should make of that question?

What do you think you need to be happy?

As I sit here today, with wife, kids and grand children, I can say that I have done a lot to try and be a good husband, father and grandfather. I can also say, with the knowledge I have today, that I would be happier on my own. My life would have been very different, with far less focus on material values and far more focus on immaterial values. But my conscious will not allow me to leave the family behind, so I'm kinda stuck. Not that I have anything to complain about, with people generally valuing me well higher than I deserve.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/13/18 at 13:55:48

faffi wrote on 07/13/18 at 12:04:45:
My father in law, a former fanatic priest, "know" that God exist and he "knows" that Jesus died for our sins. If not, he claims, there would be nothing; no univers, no life, no meaning. He doesn't even want to play with the idea that he could actually be wrong. Not even as a thought experiment.

I do not respect him for that. I respect that people believe, that they have convictions. But when faith escalate into absolute "knowledge", I am lost. You can believe you have found what is right for you, but - like every other living human being - you cannot prove anything, hence you only hold an opinion like everybody else.

If having faith makes you feel better, then it is right for you. Personally, the more I study and discuss religion, the more I am convinced the religious are heading off in the right direction. Still, I am aware that I know nothing more - or less - than them and that I also believe when I think there is nothing god-like out there.

fafi, I appreciate your open mindedness. it is where we all must start to seek out truth. I was not always a theist, as a matter of fact I was quite the secularist until I actually started looking and listening to both sides. I know there are some that say all the sciences point to no God however there is much that does point to God. Even the famed atheist Stephen Hawkins said that Darwinian evolution makes no sense. He did not agree with the Biblical either but evolution theory is no more than a theory and becoming less of one all the time. Cosmology points to God, Biology points to God. The entire Theory of information or the Theory of irreducible complexity all point to God.

Yes, be open minded and search for truth.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 07/13/18 at 13:56:55

Why do you come to this site and post?

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/13/18 at 13:58:41

faffi, where are you from?

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #11 - 07/13/18 at 14:00:09

raydawg wrote on 07/13/18 at 13:56:55:
Why do you come to this site and post?

Because I enjoy it would be the short answer.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 07/13/18 at 14:13:42

"What sustains you?

Based on what?

What do you think you need to be happy? "

I don't consider any of those.  I just try to do more for others than I do for myself.  I don't much care how I got here, or where I am going.

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #13 - 07/13/18 at 14:26:20

MShipley wrote on 07/13/18 at 13:55:48:
fafi, I appreciate your open mindedness. it is where we all must start to seek out truth. I was not always a theist, as a matter of fact I was quite the secularist until I actually started looking and listening to both sides. I know there are some that say all the sciences point to no God however there is much that does point to God. Even the famed atheist Stephen Hawkins said that Darwinian evolution makes no sense. He did not agree with the Biblical either but evolution theory is no more than a theory and becoming less of one all the time. Cosmology points to God, Biology points to God. The entire Theory of information or the Theory of irreducible complexity all point to God.

Yes, be open minded and search for truth.

Well, I am going to set myself up for ridicule here and say that one thing that make sense to me, is us being "created" or influenced by extra-terrestrial life. I am not saying this has happened, but it does fill in a lot of the missing dots.

If you read how cargo cults described aeroplanes and radio communication as well as the religions and rituals that followed, you will see that they are pretty familiar to descriptions found in the bible as well as the - to me - meaningless rituals upheld by various churches to this day.

This can also explain the missing link as well as our very rapid evolution pointed out by Hawking.

It can also explain the big number of huge construction/figures only visible from the air, as well as many other things difficult to explain.

Let's say Jesus was from another part of the universe. And let's say that he had the technology to fly to the edge of the Milky Way and back in 60 years - for him. That would mean 4 million years have passed here. So he has only aged a couple of weeks over the past 2000 years here on earth. So even if he plans to come back every annual vacation - for him - it is still a looooong time before you will see him on this grounds  Wink

Of course, this is folly thoughts that are unlikely to be true, but they still make far more sense to me than the idea of a creating god.

PS! Whether you believe the human race is a couple of thousand or a couple of million years old, we are still very young compared to the universe. Now think how far we have developed over just the past century and imagine someone being at our stage 5 billion years ago - what would they be capable of today? Mind blowing, isn't it  Grin

IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #14 - 07/13/18 at 14:27:14

MShipley wrote on 07/13/18 at 13:58:41:
faffi, where are you from?

Rogaland, Norway.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 08:46:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If you care to read.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.