Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Decline of White Christian America (Read 587 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Decline of White Christian America
Reply #15 - 07/10/18 at 12:21:05

WebsterMark wrote on 07/10/18 at 12:13:55:
I really dislike religion. Religion really is the culprit for virtually every war and grief. No, that is not objective. It is highly subjective.

Categorically untrue. Demonstratively untrue.Equating Nazis with religion is incorrect.

Not that organized religion is blameless because it certainly isn’t but any honest evaluation clearly shows exponentially greater benefit to society than harm.

If you don’t want to participate in organized religion, that’s fine but I don’t understand why people want to lay all the world’s problems on its doorstep.

Web is right, its not even arguable.......
Just repeated enough times that folks who are looking for "their" answer, find it as such.

Not by a long shot.

Stalin, Mao Zedong did not even follow religion, yet they killed  millions of people. Religion was not behind most of the wars - including the 1st and 2nd world war.

Leopold II of Belgium killed about 10 million people in Congo, Pakistan killed 3 million in Bangladesh, Khmer Rouge (KR) regime killed about 2 million in Cambodia - none of these killings were religiously motivated.

If you go by the following list, the top ones are also not related to any religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_by_death_toll

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #16 - 07/10/18 at 13:42:41

I really dislike religion. Religion really is the culprit for virtually every war and grief. No, that is not objective. It is highly subjective.

Categorically untrue. Demonstratively untrue.Equating Nazis with religion is incorrect.

Not that organized religion is blameless because it certainly isn’t but any honest evaluation clearly shows exponentially greater benefit to society than harm.

If you don’t want to participate in organized religion, that’s fine but I don’t understand why people want to lay all the world’s problems on its doorstep.

Religion in itself is not bad, if you follow the books. That goes for any mainstream religion. However, religion is used as means to control people, not as intended. If muslims followed the book, they would act virtually the same as christians. All the crap about violence is not based on the religion, but how some use their version of the book to control mostly illiterat masses and make them do horrible things.

I fully agree that you cannot call Hitler a Christian, but the fact is that he went to war in God's name. Just as ISIS is fighting what they claim to be a holy war. Both were/are of course in absolute conflict with the real intents of their religions, but I will reiterate that religion is mostly used to control people and to gain personal benefits. Just take a look at the many American (and elsewhere) so called christian churches where you habe 100,000 people shouting HALLELUJAH and believing they can make paraplegic walk again through prayers and donations. Especially donations. Big donations - to the filthy rich priests. And don't get me started on the enormous sexual abuse seen on Catholic churches around the world.

So religion itself is not the problem, it's how many abuse it that is. Of course, there are thousands of caring, honest, humble priests around the world of all kinds of religion. But there are enough rotten apples to cause a lot of damage.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/10/18 at 14:52:11

I fully agree that you cannot call Hitler a Christian, but the fact is that he went to war in God's name.

Nope.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 07/10/18 at 15:49:01

faffi wrote on 07/10/18 at 13:42:41:

Religion in itself is not bad, if you follow the books. That goes for any mainstream religion. However, religion is used as means to control people, not as intended. If muslims followed the book, they would act virtually the same as christians. All the crap about violence is not based on the religion, but how some use their version of the book to control mostly illiterat masses and make them do horrible things.

I fully agree that you cannot call Hitler a Christian, but the fact is that he went to war in God's name. Just as ISIS is fighting what they claim to be a holy war. Both were/are of course in absolute conflict with the real intents of their religions, but I will reiterate that religion is mostly used to control people and to gain personal benefits. Just take a look at the many American (and elsewhere) so called christian churches where you habe 100,000 people shouting HALLELUJAH and believing they can make paraplegic walk again through prayers and donations. Especially donations. Big donations - to the filthy rich priests. And don't get me started on the enormous sexual abuse seen on Catholic churches around the world.

So religion itself is not the problem, it's how many abuse it that is. Of course, there are thousands of caring, honest, humble priests around the world of all kinds of religion. But there are enough rotten apples to cause a lot of damage.

Well using your reasoning Communism( or any other "ism" ) would work GREAT if only the LEADERS DIDN'T USE IT TO THEIR ADVANTAGE, yeah?

However, history does not have one bit of evidence that it HAS worked.
The "early" church, even Jesus's disciples, argued over importance.

Its just odd that presently Christianity is "liberally" under attack, for the failure of liberalism......  in the USA.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 07/10/18 at 16:01:52

raydawg wrote on 07/10/18 at 15:49:01:
Its just odd that presently Christianity is "liberally" under attack, for the failure of liberalism......  in the USA.

You what?... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #20 - 07/10/18 at 16:11:35

The decline of Christianity (of the white variety) is due in part to its obstinate adherence to a social system that is three thousand years old.
Its historic use to legitimatize the conquest of the New World, the importing and use of slave labor and the controlling of women all add to its devaluation, as well as the ongoing dislike of Protestants and Catholics (The Christian variant of Shia - Sunni split in the Islamic faith).

The growing number of women who are the primary bread winners in their families has led to their revisionist view that maybe they should be the bossed of their lives, not some minister/priest dude.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 07/10/18 at 17:22:41

Trippah wrote on 07/10/18 at 16:11:35:
The decline of Christianity (of the white variety) is due in part to its obstinate adherence to a social system that is three thousand years old.
Its historic use to legitimatize the conquest of the New World, the importing and use of slave labor and the controlling of women all add to its devaluation, as well as the ongoing dislike of Protestants and Catholics (The Christian variant of Shia - Sunni split in the Islamic faith).

The growing number of women who are the primary bread winners in their families has led to their revisionist view that maybe they should be the bossed of their lives, not some minister/priest dude.

Wrong, well, I mean secularly you just pointed out what I eluded to above, in blaming.
I mean really, a 2000 year old religion stuck in a time warp, how silly to think societies have not evolved.....
Except mans own selfish desires haven’t changed, nor will they, no matter how much you intellectualize it.
It is not in his script, like homosexuality is that persons script, not learned....
Nor will a man ever know life within his womb, no matter how hip and so evolved.

Christianity can not, like in never, be experienced without the Trinity.....
Nor any semblance to its understanding, without directions of the Holy Spirit.....
Not possible, just like a man can’t conceive life in his womb.
Whoever designed us, made us as such, for a reason.
Try and push a round peg in a square hole, go for it, hope you have a peg and a hole left, when you come to realize you can’t intellectualize yourself to any life sustainability without relying on other elements.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/10/18 at 19:47:34

So if we aren't blaming, then what are the primary causes of the decline of white Christians in the US?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 07/10/18 at 20:17:16

Society has been turning more and more hostile to Christianity for decades.
If you're too young to know what Madeleine Murray ohaire did, and if you don't remember how schools have been driven into a
Hate God
Position, then you might ask that question honestly.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #24 - 07/10/18 at 20:24:55

Eegore wrote on 07/10/18 at 19:47:34:
 So if we aren't blaming, then what are the primary causes of the decline of white Christians in the US?

Maybe it had to do with why nobody told the pollsters they would vote for Trump......
Or maybe more likely, those taking the poll, twisted the results to show Hillary was going to win the election.

Have you yourself done any study in this matter?
How did you gather your data?
Did you question those walking out of a church on Sunday morning, or sitting in a bar watching sports?

Or.....

Are you relying what others say, as gospel?  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/11/18 at 04:23:09

Eegore wrote on 07/10/18 at 19:47:34:

In a word: prosperity.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 07/11/18 at 05:31:16

"Have you yourself done any study in this matter?
How did you gather your data?
Did you question those walking out of a church on Sunday morning, or sitting in a bar watching sports?

Or.....

Are you relying what others say, as gospel?"

I started with the US Religion Census and since this is specific to Christianity I also am using National Council of Churches which is Christ oriented.  The information is dated though.

http://usreligioncensus.org/
http://nationalcouncilofchurches.us/

Also the Association of Statisticians of American Religious Bodies provides verifiable data.

http://www.asarb.org/

The Association of Religious Data Archives is the most comprehensive:

http://www.thearda.com/rcms2010/

None of them really touch on recent politics as a source of generational White Christian decline in the US.

"Or maybe more likely, those taking the poll, twisted the results to show Hillary was going to win the election."

Are you saying that polls caused white Christians to change religions?  Most the information I see has to do with family life, modern media, antiquity in local church activity and perception of historical Christ.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 07/11/18 at 07:24:24

No, I am not saying anything either way.....
I do believe folks say many things contrary to what they really believe.
When any data is cited, I question the need for such reporting.
What is the motivation.
Then, how does it impact me, and why.....

On my OWN personal observation, I question many who say they believe.....  Huh

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 07/11/18 at 11:28:50

Well if you read the Holy Bible you will learn why Christianity is in decline.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #29 - 07/11/18 at 11:37:07

MShipley wrote on 07/11/18 at 11:28:50:
Well if you read the Holy Bible you will learn why Christianity is in decline.

Sure enuff right there....

Gnashing of teeth, yikes, I hope Obamacare expands to dental coverage too  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 07:29:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Decline of White Christian America

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.