Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
How cold is too cold..... (Read 539 times)
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How cold is too cold.....
Reply #30 - 10/23/17 at 11:17:28

That face shield frosting up is an issue. Mine was just slightly frosty the other morning and when I came around the corner into the early sun it was instant blindness. Fortunately I knew the road very well.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #31 - 10/24/17 at 09:37:37

Houston is pretty close to being year round riding. I rode in to work yesterday. Probably mid to lower 50's in the morning. Wore sweater underneath leather jacket. Quite comfortable. It was mid 70's when I left office in the evening so I opened up all the vents in the leather jacket and was comfortable heading home. Except for the last 15 minutes or so, I should have stopped to zip up the vents on the jacket. It got a little chilly.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #32 - 10/24/17 at 18:23:50

78 here in the Central Valley !
You guys hear that , yup it's my Sportster calling my name. Sun is down ,  I got time for a hour ride till dark , Later !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #33 - 10/25/17 at 03:19:51

Ruttly wrote on 10/24/17 at 18:23:50:
You guys hear that , yup it's my Sportster calling my name.

All I hear is a very faint "Potato,potato,potato.........cough,bang.........potato,potato,potato......"

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #34 - 10/25/17 at 04:55:51

Dave , I need to know , how did you know my sporty needs a carb rebuild ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #35 - 10/25/17 at 07:11:54

Ruttly

Its not only Harleys , I took my LS out for a ride yesterday .   It was cool weather and it has gone to Popping , and talking back a lot more than it did last week !   Grin

Especially on shut down !  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #36 - 10/25/17 at 08:48:57

MM , She is just jealous of you new girl and wants attention! Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #37 - 10/25/17 at 08:58:47

No it's time to pull the tank , flush & replace in tank filter/strainer and give the carb the once over. This bike has run flawless for thirteen years. She has a cold with a cough & sneeze common to these carbs. Maybe just throw a Mikuni VM40 on it.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 10/25/17 at 21:29:48

I had a neighbor sitting on my LS this evening , and when he asked if I'd sell it ... I had to tell him : "I'd sell the Harley , Sell the Guzzi , but I had to keep "My-Savage" " .  Smiley

I did tell the feller he could get him one off ebay and I'd help him make it "His" .    Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #39 - 10/25/17 at 23:56:21

Feel the same way MM, my savage tracker stays and my Honda TLR200 just cause I still like to ride he trails in the mountains , but all the rest can go , but I love them all ! I sick I know. There is no help for my kind. Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #40 - 10/26/17 at 04:27:51

We had our first frost this morning....and the high forecast for today is 60 and 67 on Friday - then the high drops to 46,45,54,53 the next 4 days.  I may have to go home at lunch time tomorrow and get the bike out and ride it back to work.

My Savage Cafe' bike will be with me until I just can't ride it anymore. The engine runs great, it handles the curvy local back roads really well, it looks really cool, and it makes me smile when I ride it.  

The Honda NT700 will hang around as my long distance tourer, riding double with my wife and hauling on the trailer for vacation day ride bike...it is a bike that has very little resale value, and it is a bike that can easily go over 100,000 miles with little effort - so I might as well just ride it and rack up miles without worry.  

The little Ninja 250 Cafe' project is a fun bike and it is light and nimble - but I will likely sell it when I get the Savage "standard" touring bike done...I hope to make something along the lines of the Suzuki Tempter shown below - it is a shame Suzuki never brought this to the US.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #41 - 10/26/17 at 07:34:22

I think Suzuki would do really well with a Tempter now with the LS650 engine, fuel injection, chrome front/rear fenders, at least a good front disc system if not the rear also, current front/rear suspension upgrades, headlight/signals, etc.  Heck, even throw in a 9.5 or 10:1 piston.
AND ... if you want to perk it up for real fix the exhaust ports !!!
They have everything they need on the parts shelf already, with the exception of the frame but they probably have the dies somewhere and the fixed head, so it should be a very easy build.

SUZUKI ... BUILD IT !!!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #42 - 10/26/17 at 13:06:07

If they hurry and build it I think it would outsell SR400 & S40.
Cause it will get a big bore and all the other goodies it needs to run as sweet as it looks when it's in my garage.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #43 - 10/26/17 at 13:14:34

No disc brakes , that's what gives the Tempter it's period correct charm !
It's perfect European styling , who ever designed it has a very good eye for building vintage/retro.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #44 - 10/26/17 at 18:10:45

Ruttly, sorry   Roll Eyes   but I like the Stopping Power of Disk Brakes .

Lancer , so what's wrong with the exhaust ports , my bike runs fine
But a little more power might be good 1  Wink
I'm leaving mine stock after the last experience I had , but to each his own  Smiley

I rode about 60+ miles today in 65 deg. and it was good ... nylon Jacket , gloves , long-johns , boots and windshield on the bike !  Roll Eyes

Dave , that "Standard Bike " reminds me of my new addition ,  Undecided .   Reminds me of the Bikes I learned to ride on " .   Cool

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 12:17:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › How cold is too cold.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.