Send Topic Print
Las Vegas...... (Read 391 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Las Vegas......
Reply #45 - 10/04/17 at 07:18:01

Something else, I  heard Bill O'Reily say gun deaths are the price of freedom in the US. Maybe so, but I heard a lot of people ready to crucify him over that comment.

However, how many people go online and read how to commit suicide and then do it? Or how to commit fraud? How many elderly are easily robbed by being hacked?  Didn't a girl 'text' her ex-boyfriend to committing suicide?

Honestly, just how much more violence is there in the USA because of the immediate access information, and certainly to information that is false? Here in St Louis, we are still having protest over police shootings and much of that anger is over events that never occurred yet were widely disseminated online to a gullible audience. Hands up Don't shoot is one. In the latest case, there is a false believe of a 'kill shot' from 6" away from the victim's head that never happened. But 99% of these idiots blocking freeways here in St Louis believe it happened. Some nut is going to kill a St Louis cop and it will be because of the false news spreading.

We would never consider doing away with the internet or texting because of these events which have caused more harm so why guns? Because their more visible, more easily tracked?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #46 - 10/04/17 at 07:31:57

I've been hunting for video.
The audio is not what I expected. There is a heavy, slow gun that lays down a ton of fire. The shell casings in the room don't look nearly big enough to come from the gun I'm talking about. I do hear a lighter, quicker report that would agree with those casings. Yes, the floor is somewhat littered, but the number of rounds I heard would have made seeing the carpet difficult.
Split the shooting between the two rooms, still should be way more spent shells.
The AR is a small round.
The hospital reports large caliber damage.
What were the bipod equipped guns? IDK....
I want lots more information.
Video of him checking in.
Hauling bags.
I'm supposed to believe that room service is gonna be awarded off for four days by a do not disturb sign?

They can't even give a straight up answer to how many guns he had or how many minutes it lasted.

I'd like to see what the bullets did when they hit the ground.
That would answer some questions.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #47 - 10/04/17 at 07:45:08

Let the conspiracy games begin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #48 - 10/04/17 at 07:58:03

Have you listened to any automatic fire, ever? Do you know what a high cyclic rate sounds like compared to a lower one and understand the difference?
Or, are you comfortable with the Police reports STARTING at
Ten Guns
And now what is it?
It started at four minutes.
Now it's nine to eleven.
Yeah, let someone else tell you what you should think.
Why Not SEE what the bullet strikes look like on the ground?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #49 - 10/04/17 at 08:31:42

Serowbot wrote on 10/03/17 at 16:14:13:
A fairly simple and immediate solution, or at least a start,... would be to outlaw these $50 kits that convert semi-autos to machine guns... (Bump stocks?)...
Nobody, but nobody needs a full auto machine gun in America.
The founders couldn't anticipate weapons that would allow a single individual to assault 20,000 people from 1,000ft away... Killing 59 people and wounding 500 in less than 10 minutes would take an army back then.

WMD's... You can't own.  Full auto qualifies...
This was mass destruction...

+1 about the bump stocks, no so about the rest.

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 10/04/17 at 08:47:20

I've been hunting for video.
The audio is not what I expected. There is a heavy, slow gun that lays down a ton of fire.

The video I saw you can hear heavy, loud machine gun fire. A break in the action, then lower volume, but higher pitch slower firing, like a semi-auto and then a break followed by the machine gun fire again. Sound like he was moving from one window to the other and firing different guns.

The shell casings in the room don't look nearly big enough to come from the gun I'm talking about.

I do hear a lighter, quicker report that would agree with those casings. Yes, the floor is somewhat littered, but the number of rounds I heard would have made seeing the carpet difficult.
Split the shooting between the two rooms, still should be way more spent shells.
The AR is a small round.

The room photos are not complete, only a couple were smuggled out. I don't think you can draw any conclusions from those.

The hospital reports large caliber damage.
What were the bipod equipped guns? IDK....
I want lots more information.

I've not seen any hospital reports about large caliber damage. Where did you see that?

Video of him checking in.
Hauling bags.
I'm supposed to believe that room service is gonna be awarded off for four days by a do not disturb sign?

Yes, you can do that. We've had meetings in hotel rooms that we requested no service for a couple days. Never 4 days, but I'll bet that's not all that uncommon. In fact, I've been in a couple hotels where you can opt out of service for a small room discount and pick up clean towels yourself.

They can't even give a straight up answer to how many guns he had or how many minutes it lasted.
I listened to the sheriff's press conference yesterday and he specifically said it's not that he can't give certain information, it's that he won't.

I'd like to see what the bullets did when they hit the ground.
That would answer some questions.

Like all instances like this, initial news reports are usually wrong. Answers will trickle out.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #51 - 10/04/17 at 09:01:49

Serowbot wrote on 10/03/17 at 16:32:27:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/03/17 at 16:30:30:
You can't be taught what the Second Amendment is meant to accomplish.
"..that being a well regulated militia. That one?.... Huh

a well regulated militia.

The word, ‘Militia’, was,  YOU AND ME.
 Not what it means today

The word, ‘Regulated’, was that group, that town, that Township,  (whatever the group was), HAD the SAME,  sized ammunition, so anyone could use anyone else’s supply.
 Not what it means today

The word, ‘GAY’,  Was that a person was HAPPY, all the time.
  Not what it means today.

So because the meaning of a word has changed, YOU,
have decided the Meaning, of a word,
in a statement that word is used in, has changed ????

The 2nd is to make sure the 1st Stays.
   And Not from the King, but from H.R.C.

Saying:  ‘He used a Gun’,     (So we have to  BAN  GUNS)
 IS  EXACTLY, the same as.
“‘Someone Robed a Bank and they had a Red Car”
 “So  let’s BAN,  ‘Red’ Cars, and their will be, NO  More  Bank  Robberies”. !!!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Las Vegas......r:
Reply #52 - 10/04/17 at 09:02:00

Search

number of guns paddock had in his motel room

Yeah, great reporting

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #53 - 10/04/17 at 09:14:02

Serowbot wrote on 10/03/17 at 22:12:21:
Now, you try to grasp mine...
These men,.. lived in a different time...
A literal interpretation cannot work...
In their time, a slave was not a man... person without landholding could not vote... women could not vote.
Arms, were muzzle loaded...
...and the ""militia" was needed to defend against invasion by King George of England....
None of this applies today...

The times are a changing, once again old threats are new again.
In their time it was expected that a "militia" could be formed at a ring of a bell to respond to an attack by an outside force.  And the people were expected to know how to fire a weapon.  They lived in a land where a threat whether it be man or beast could appear in a heart beat.
In our time, beasts still roam the land even in my neighborhood bears can present themselves without warning.  And jihadi's can arise at a whim with illegally modified weapons banned in California and purchased by stawmen.
Should I only be limited to muzzle loaded weapons because that's what the founders had?  Get real, we don't live on an island where arms can be limited.  National confiscation would do no good, we would be at risk to a reverse fast and furious.  And with a border so porous that illegals cross at will, how will you prevent the cartel from doing what they do?
And limiting to muzzle loaders would defeat the intent that the populous be skilled in the operation of weapons.  These skills can only be had by experience.
And yes, leadership should be afraid of a populous wronged.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #54 - 10/04/17 at 09:39:40

WebsterMark wrote on 10/04/17 at 04:50:09:
The 2nd Amendment is to protect us from our own government. That's what its for, that's what's its always been for, that's its real purpose. It's not about self defense from criminals, its not about hunting or recreational shooting, it's about the last line of defense from an oppressive government.

Yes, you are right, however I read it as a "state militia" against the tyranny of a centralized (federal) power.
You couple that with why these men so struggled with separation ( of powers)  and how this very 3 tiered goverment almost stopped the United States from ever being realized.
This was the single most obstacle these men argued/debated over in drafting our founding laws....
It was decided after one person switched their vote, to allow only two senators, per state.
It took months, and mostly accredited to a very frail Ben Franklin, who swayed these men we needed this separation.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 10/04/17 at 09:52:34

Read the Federalist Papers and other writings of the time. There's simply no misunderstanding the intent of the 2nd amendment. We have the right to arm ourselves to protect us from the Federal Government.

And if you go down the road of State Militias and thinking the individual states can arm themselves, that ship sailed a long time ago when the 10th Amendment has all but been ignored. In other words, Missouri's national guard is not a state militia in that sense.

Regarding muzzle loaders, it's worth pointing out that at the time, the citizens and armies had mostly equal weapons. No, they couldn't have foreseen AR-15's, but a citizenry armed with AR15's, shotguns, hunting rifles etc... can defend themselves against a modern army. Don't think so? Why couldn't the Russians and later the US crush the enemy in Afghanistan all those years ago? Unless you're willing to bomb cities into dust, armed civilians could defend the US.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #56 - 10/04/17 at 10:17:08

We should be a heavily armed country or heavier armed. All the criminals have them and so should the law abiding citizens, open carry for 50 states and watch the crime rate spike and then drop off when criminals figure out we shoot back! Watch how fast people learn to act right ! And any country dumb enough to try and invade !
As much as I hate it , Las Vegas is a fact of life , this is what it is ! Goes back to that nut on a roof in Texas way back in the sixties !!!
It's nothing new it just happens far too often !!!

« Last Edit: 10/04/17 at 12:28:57 by Ruttly »  

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 10/04/17 at 15:59:15

Anyone that's spent any time in urban combat will tell you that you aren't going to make an accurate assessment of weapon type due to echo alone, let alone deciphering it on a recording that is not even near the weapon(s) being used.

Gun range Rangers have a ton of knowledge about guns until its used against them.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Las Vegas......r:
Reply #58 - 10/04/17 at 19:45:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/04/17 at 09:02:00:
Search    number of guns paddock had in his motel room      Yeah, great reporting

Watching the, ‘Broadcast’, News on TV  last night,
Not ONE, said the same thing.

Looking at the Web this morning, not ONE, ’News’, source, said the same thing.

Probably going to be the same thing as,
totally knowing what is at,   ‘Area 51’.

Just ain’t gonna  happen.

But of course, if the, ‘reporting’, fits the, ’spin’,  
      (Or POV), of the person reporting.

Do everything, the, ’News’, places can do, to make you,
         ‘Believe’, what they want you to.
Instead of, reporting,  “FACTS”,
          and let, YOU,  Decide.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #59 - 10/04/17 at 21:28:44

But I'm supposed to believe what I'm told, or I'm a conspiracy theorist.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:05:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Las Vegas......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.