Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Crap !!  Bike won't start this morning ...... (Read 133 times)
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Re: Crap !!  Bike won't start this morning ......
Reply #15 - 09/21/17 at 14:22:05

verslagen1 wrote on 09/21/17 at 07:21:53:
most likely battery, but could be decomp solenoid adjustment.

How is the decomp apparatus supposed to work in conjunction with starting?  I have been wondering as I have on several occasions had an issue with starting in colder weather (around 40 degrees).  I try to ride mine every day to work - even when it is cold out.

Also, is there a thread that demonstrates the proper way to do the solenoid adjustment as you describe?

Thanks ahead of time!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #16 - 09/21/17 at 14:40:21

Decompression solenoid.

Adjust the pin to extend 4mm from the solenoid body, plus or minus 1mm.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 09/21/17 at 15:44:16

piedmontbuckeye wrote on 09/21/17 at 14:22:05:
verslagen1 wrote on 09/21/17 at 07:21:53:
most likely battery, but could be decomp solenoid adjustment.

How is the decomp apparatus supposed to work in conjunction with starting?  I have been wondering as I have on several occasions had an issue with starting in colder weather (around 40 degrees).  I try to ride mine every day to work - even when it is cold out.

Also, is there a thread that demonstrates the proper way to do the solenoid adjustment as you describe?

Thanks ahead of time!

I've forgotten if you can see it with the chrome caps on...
The decomp lever will activate for about a half second when you push the start button.
The adjustment should appear loose, when activated it will pull up.
If it's not loose to start with, it won't have enough momentum to open up the exhaust valve.
Just needs to kick it open a little bit to kill the compression on that 1st rev.
If it has compression on that 1st rev, the starter will stall.

Like we all said, check your bat 1st.
If not fully charged, it may turn.  But if it doesn't have 10v while turning you won't have spark.
And if it's too weak it won't turn at all.

WWW   IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #18 - 09/23/17 at 12:31:56

My starting issues all had to do with it being cold (about 40 deg).  One of the 4 or 5 times I think was my fault, as I forgot to pull out the choke.  By the time I figured that out, the bat was then too low.

The other times, the bike would crank over, but would not start, but the sound from the muffler was "bloop, bloop, bloop" and no matter what I would do from then on, it simply would not start.  I figured that my turning the throttle too much/too little may have also been a contributor.

If anyone has had this experience and there actually was a fix, I would appreciate the input.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 08:02:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Crap !!  Bike won't start this morning ......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.