raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Is politics local?
Reply #45 - 08/08/17 at 09:22:33

THREAD JACK  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LockeClone
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 08/08/17 at 13:28:16

verslagen1 wrote on 08/08/17 at 07:35:44:
Long before co2 became an issue, this guy said we're about midway between ice ages, so naturally we are going to get as hot as it's going to get.  Your rise and fall of civilization seems to correspond with a favorable climates and the Milankovitch Cycles support changing climate in various locals.

We are but a pimple on this earth compared to what the sun can do.

My son said rising co2 levels are not the cause of global warming, but an indicator of.  And don't forget 9/11, a week w/out vapor trails being laid around the world and it got hotter.

Natural climate change being true does not make man-made climate change false. And the Milankovitch Cycle is one of many factors. Plus it's a 10,000 year cycle, so it's applicable in some examples but not all... But it doesn't even apply because the reality of man-made climate change is not dependent on this cycle.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying we're a pimple compared to the sun. The whole point of reducing CO2 emissions is that a CO2-rich atmosphere traps more of the sun's energy. Think of our solar system like temperate spring day. Venus is wearing a nice thick parka of CO2 which makes it uninhabitable and sweaty energy from the sun gets in, but it doesn't easily get out... Kind of like me on my bike lately... Earth is mostly Nitrogen (73%ish), but we're still wearing comfortable layer or two.

Mankind isn't some all-powerful god, changing the cosmos against the all-powerful sun... But we are putting on a proverbial jacket, and it's going to get pretty uncomfortable when we have to help dad dig postholes later.

Contrails have been known to mildly alter weather patterns for about as long as planes have be able to reach the heights and speeds needed to flash-crystalize vapor. The three days after 9/11 when most US flights were grounded added some interesting data, but it's not dramatic and it doesn't make things hotter.

Contrails are shown to act similarly to actual clouds, where they close the difference between the hottest and coldest temperatures of an affected region... They reflect heat back at the ground (keep energy in) and reflect light back up at the sun (Keep new energy from being added). But it's a pretty mild effect and isn't really effecting things on a macro level.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 08/08/17 at 13:54:35

But it's a pretty mild effect and isn't really effecting things on a macro level.

Ya think?! No one is seriously suggesting there is a measurable global temperature increase attributed to that are they?.......

IP Logged
LockeClone
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 08/08/17 at 14:58:10

WebsterMark wrote on 08/08/17 at 13:54:35:
But it's a pretty mild effect and isn't really effecting things on a macro level.

Ya think?! No one is seriously suggesting there is a measurable global temperature increase attributed to that are they?.......

Yeah actually. A couple comments ago someone was trying to connect the three days after 9/11 to man made climate change being a hoax or something. I'm not sure what the poster's point was exactly... That's who I was addressing with that comment. A quick google search showed that there is a "chemtrail conspiracy" that is... more widely spread than it probably should be.

I work with a lot of people from different political beliefs and different backgrounds, and the conspiracies that people believe... Man, it's completely insane, but these are good people who have been shat on a lot so they have to believe in some sort of puppet strings. Most people seem to crave believing they are part of some bigger, yet tangible narrative to make sense of the pain and chaos.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 08/08/17 at 15:35:00

oh no.... I'm afraid I may have opened a big box of $hit. Let's let this stay in the box.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #50 - 08/09/17 at 07:38:51

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 08/09/17 at 08:05:29

The researchers report that the "diurnal temperature range was statistically significantly reduced at outbreak stations versus non-outbreak stations." In the South, this amounted to about a 6 degree Fahrenheit reduction in daily temperature range, while in the Midwest, there was about a 5 degree Fahrenheit reduction. Temperatures the days before and after the outbreaks did not show this effect, indicating that the lower temperatures were due to the contrail outbreaks.

"Weather forecasting of daytime highs and lows do not include contrails," said Carleton. "If they were included in areas of contrail outbreaks, they would improve the temperature forecasts."

Sorry, but I don't give a "F" how many letters are behind some researcher's name, there is not a 5 degree difference in temp due to jets flying. BS flag....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #52 - 08/09/17 at 08:23:34

Can't we just all leave the refrigerator door open?

I'm supposed to believe that the shadow and combined momentary condensation of the humidity in the air is gonna Cool more than the Flaming Jet Engine heats?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 08/09/17 at 08:54:08

LMAO!!  Contrails.... really?

Is that what this thread has devolved to??

Hey - let's talk about that fake moon landing and how the Earth is flat!

BWAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #54 - 08/09/17 at 09:33:58

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 08/09/17 at 10:07:56

verslagen1 wrote on 08/09/17 at 09:33:58:

Hmm... funny, I see contrails listed as an average of .01 watts/sq. meter with a range .005 to .03. (less than stratospheric ozone)

I think contrails are a little lower on the list than... oh... say coal fired power plants and vehicle emissions.

But I do applaud the scientists releasing this the way they did.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 18:24:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Is politics local?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.